• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
datsyukismyfriend

sharks fastest to 50 since 1929

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Have sharks faced bruins yet? that game should be the battle of the heavyweights for sure...

Upon doing some more research, yes, they are scary, but Detroit with all the flaws of its play is only 6 points behind with the same amount of games played. That's one minor hiccup in San Jose's play or the Wings getting their act together and winning a few extra and suddenly Detroit is right there (or ahead) of San Jose. We've all seen 6 point leads evaporate, so I'm not willing to say San Jose is indestructible.

I'm beginning to think that when the Wings finally fire on all cylinders, a match-up with the Sharks would be legendary. It'd be like Bizarro-world in SUperman. The Red Wings vs. the Bizarro-Wings.

Guest Crymson

The absence of ties in today's NHL makes point comparisons to the pre-lockout NHL somewhat weak.

The absence of ties in today's NHL makes point comparisons to the pre-lockout NHL somewhat weak.

Very true. Not to take anything away from the Sharks, but post-lockout point totals are inflated. Three points are awarded for every game that goes to OT.

It used to be that a 100-point team was a powerhouse. Now, a 100-point team might be a road team in the first round of the playoffs. <_<

Like others have said, yes its impressive and yes they are a tough team for sure, but the wings aren't far off and most can agree they have been less than impressive this season, at least from a defensive standpoint. The Sharks are rolling right now, but everyone comes back down to earth eventually. They'll have a rough patch eventually just like everyone, its a long season and I'd actually be willing to bet they'd do worse in the playoffs without a losing week or two than if they actually had to deal with some adversity. That all said, if the Wings have everyone going, which they haven't yet once this whole season so far, they are equally scary. San Jose is benefiting a boatload from Boyle and Blake, but if our top 4 guys are playing at the top of their game, I'll take them anytime over the Sharks backend.

But when you look at the Sharks record, its not inflated that much by OT losses, since they are sitting at 24-3-2. So its not as bad comparing them to pre-lockout record

Have sharks faced bruins yet? that game should be the battle of the heavyweights for sure...

The Bruins have a cake schedule though. They don't travel outside of their time zone very much this season, and play sub 500 teams quite a bit.

Last season, I believe they only traveled outside the eastern time zone on one road trip and that was at the beginning of the season and from the middle of October to the end of the season, the Bruins never left the eastern time zone.

I'm not using the schedule as an excuse per se, but you have to factor stuff like this in...

Edited by FunkedUp

The Bruins have a cake schedule though. They don't travel outside of their time zone very much this season, and play sub 500 teams quite a bit.

Last season, I believe they only traveled outside the eastern time zone on one road trip and that was at the beginning of the season and from the middle of October to the end of the season, the Bruins never left the eastern time zone.

I'm not using the schedule as an excuse per se, but you have to factor stuff like this in...

We all know the west will win the cup this year barring a huge upset, although i would say Boston probably will be the best in the East, they are far more convincingly beating opponents than the Sharks i'd say. But probably if you go down the line in the west even teams like Chicago, Calgary, and Nashville may be better than them.

Yea sorry another Sharks fan here posting haha. Just want to say that I can't wait for the game on Thursday. Last time they played the Wings were on a backend of a back to back. Well we play on Wednesday nite against Columbus (who has played us really tough this year) so the Sharks are going to be really tested. Anways I just get so excited when we play the Wings cuz they've been the class of the NHL for a long time now. Plus my whole family is from Detroit so you can Imagine all the e-mails that will be going back and forth.

Seems from watching the Wings games this year that your team isn't playing to it's potential, which is pretty scary considering their record. I think the defense could use a little repair and could be moving the puck a lot better. But I'm sure all will be worked out by playoff time. Well Thursday mite be a preview of things to come later. If Sharks and Wings meet in the playoffs it's going to be sum great hockey to watch!

Yea sorry another Sharks fan here posting haha. Just want to say that I can't wait for the game on Thursday. Last time they played the Wings were on a backend of a back to back. Well we play on Wednesday nite against Columbus (who has played us really tough this year) so the Sharks are going to be really tested. Anways I just get so excited when we play the Wings cuz they've been the class of the NHL for a long time now. Plus my whole family is from Detroit so you can Imagine all the e-mails that will be going back and forth.

Seems from watching the Wings games this year that your team isn't playing to it's potential, which is pretty scary considering their record. I think the defense could use a little repair and could be moving the puck a lot better. But I'm sure all will be worked out by playoff time. Well Thursday mite be a preview of things to come later. If Sharks and Wings meet in the playoffs it's going to be sum great hockey to watch!

yah it could be one of the best series in a long time if it happens. Hopeful thursday will be a great preview of things to come.

Very true. Not to take anything away from the Sharks, but post-lockout point totals are inflated. Three points are awarded for every game that goes to OT.

It used to be that a 100-point team was a powerhouse. Now, a 100-point team might be a road team in the first round of the playoffs. <_<

Before the lockout a team point average for regular season was of course 82. After the lockout it's been around 91.

it is amazing how many posts (topic) about the sharks there has been on this forum. what is it up to... the fourth, or fifth post? the sharks will be good all year, and into the playoffs. the blue line is scoring goals, the offense is hot, and if cheech gets going they will be off the chain. oh and nabby...straight butter.

still, 50 points in 29 games is nothing to sneeze at. they have big joe tearing it up again. this team is a force to be reckoned with. i hope the wings bring their a-game thursday, because they haven't yet brought it this year.

don't get me wrong, if the wings get the goal-tending and team-d straightened out, they are the team to beat. but how the wings have been playing so far this season, they might well be shark meat come thursday.

Guest DetroitBoy313

The Sharks are not going anywhere man! They are a great team! Everyone says that they will eventually come back down to earth,they are who they are going to be for the rest of the year.I bet everyone said in 96' the same thing about the Wings,oh they will eventually slow down,but they didn't.They won 62 games but that wasn't enough for them to go all the way,just goes to show a regular season is great but doesn't guarantee s*** in the playoffs.

not to add more wood to the fire, but at this point in the season san jose has scored 4 more goals than have we and they've been scored on 22 fewer times. boston's scored 1 more and has been scored on 23 fewer times. the wings are doing just enough to get by. the record's great, but this is a terribly bad habit in my opinion.

we're nearly 30 games into the season. i just don't see what the problem is. clearly, when the wings want, they dominate, there's no other way to explain the lot of one goalers and last minute come from behind wins. as i've said, though, this is a terrible habit to get into because when you come across teams that are too talented to beat playing 1 period out of 3 you get embarrassed. the sharks are such a team (as is boston, evidently). i just hope the wings take that to heart and give us a full 60 thursday.

I'm not sure I can jump on the Shark wagon yet. 10 of their 24 wins have come against the bottom 10 of the league. While only 5 of ours of the bottom 10. Granted we've lost more to the bottom 10 then they have. They've beaten Columbus 3 times and LA 2. They have yet to play Vancover or most of the teams out east. They have beaten some good teams, so have we.