• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
datsyukismyfriend

sharks fastest to 50 since 1929

Rate this topic

Rob Drake was a key factor in helping the Sharks kill off a 2-minute, two-man advantage after Setoguchi and Clowe gave them a 4-3 edge. He was on the ice for all but 32 seconds of the Blues' power play.

I think they mean Rob Blake...wow ESPN sucks.

The Sharks are the greatest team ever assembled. No other team in the history of hockey can compare. The sharks deserve more than two threads on LGW! Give them the cup now, because no team can stop them. Go sharks and let's make some more threads about them. Perhaps a third thread could be: Sharks, 2009 Stanley Cup Champions. Also, the fourth thread: Joe Thornton, the greatest player the game has ever seen. Go Sharks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF

Guest Shoreline
The Sharks are the greatest team ever assembled. No other team in the history of hockey can compare. The sharks deserve more than two threads on LGW! Give them the cup now, because no team can stop them. Go sharks and let's make some more threads about them. Perhaps a third thread could be: Sharks, 2009 Stanley Cup Champions. Also, the fourth thread: Joe Thornton, the greatest player the game has ever seen. Go Sharks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF

Someone has their panties in a wad..

Yes, the Wings are only 6 points behind the Sharks. But, if you consider the loss the Wings had to the Ducks (OT winner knocked in with a highstick) cost the Wings 1 point. The OT loss against the Pens cost them another point (should have NEVER went to OT). If it wasn't for those 2 games, they would only be 4 points back.

In the game against Dallas the other night, there should have been some kind of penalty on the Stars for tripping or hooking Hudler. With a minute or 2 left and a PP upcoming along with pulling the goalie, we could have scored and setn the game into OT. We could have had 1 or 2 points out of that game as well.

I understand the refs can't call everything but how can you not call something that happened with the puck in the same spot of the ice?

Yes, the Wings are only 6 points behind the Sharks. But, if you consider the loss the Wings had to the Ducks (OT winner knocked in with a highstick) cost the Wings 1 point. The OT loss against the Pens cost them another point (should have NEVER went to OT). If it wasn't for those 2 games, they would only be 4 points back.

In the game against Dallas the other night, there should have been some kind of penalty on the Stars for tripping or hooking Hudler. With a minute or 2 left and a PP upcoming along with pulling the goalie, we could have scored and setn the game into OT. We could have had 1 or 2 points out of that game as well.

I understand the refs can't call everything but how can you not call something that happened with the puck in the same spot of the ice?

Wow. You are a ridiculous homer. I'm sure the Sharks could excuse themselves out of their losses too.

The Sharls have two OTLs and two shootout wins (four extra points, total). For those of you making a big deal about this record. Also for those of you making a big deal about this record...

So what? Big deal. The Wings set the record for wins, and didn't make the Cup finals. They were on pace to, had they played a full 84 game schedule the previous season, win 58 games, which would have made them the only team in history to win 120 regular season games over the span of two seasons, which AVERAGES to the previous record.

Guest Shoreline
The only reason I have panties, is cause your gf leaves them at my place all the time. lmao

Take a class on sarcasm!

That wasn't a comment on the sarcasm, but the clear annoyance of praise for another team. Looks like it was right on the money, too.

jealous? should we tuck you in? do you need your pacifier? hot bottle? bankie? what?

The Sharls have two OTLs and two shootout wins (four extra points, total). For those of you making a big deal about this record. Also for those of you making a big deal about this record...

So what? Big deal. The Wings set the record for wins, and didn't make the Cup finals. They were on pace to, had they played a full 84 game schedule the previous season, win 58 games, which would have made them the only team in history to win 120 regular season games over the span of two seasons, which AVERAGES to the previous record.

points were awarded for otl's pre-lockout. so their record is only 2 points better than it would have been prior to the lockout. the wings team of the mid-nineties is still talked about, so clearly it is a big deal. what san jose is doing now is a rarity, and thus, noteworthy. 50 points, 48 points, even 46 points, it doesn't matter, they're playing exceptionally well right now. nothing wrong with giving a team credit where it's due. i haven't once said they'll indubitably win the cup this year, or beat the wings in the playoffs, etc., nor was that this thread's intent.

simply put, however, they absolutely the cream of the crop at this stage of the game.

Like others have said, yes its impressive and yes they are a tough team for sure, but the wings aren't far off and most can agree they have been less than impressive this season, at least from a defensive standpoint. The Sharks are rolling right now, but everyone comes back down to earth eventually. They'll have a rough patch eventually just like everyone, its a long season and I'd actually be willing to bet they'd do worse in the playoffs without a losing week or two than if they actually had to deal with some adversity. That all said, if the Wings have everyone going, which they haven't yet once this whole season so far, they are equally scary. San Jose is benefiting a boatload from Boyle and Blake, but if our top 4 guys are playing at the top of their game, I'll take them anytime over the Sharks backend.

But when you look at the Sharks record, its not inflated that much by OT losses, since they are sitting at 24-3-2. So its not as bad comparing them to pre-lockout record

Yes, teams come down to Earth. I remember a few seasons ago the Rangers dominated the first half of the season, and I don't even think they made playoffs that year.

not to add more wood to the fire, but at this point in the season san jose has scored 4 more goals than have we and they've been scored on 22 fewer times. boston's scored 1 more and has been scored on 23 fewer times. the wings are doing just enough to get by. the record's great, but this is a terribly bad habit in my opinion.

we're nearly 30 games into the season. i just don't see what the problem is. clearly, when the wings want, they dominate, there's no other way to explain the lot of one goalers and last minute come from behind wins. as i've said, though, this is a terrible habit to get into because when you come across teams that are too talented to beat playing 1 period out of 3 you get embarrassed. the sharks are such a team (as is boston, evidently). i just hope the wings take that to heart and give us a full 60 thursday.

I know statistically that 23 fewer goals is a big deal, but to me, it's not a big enough difference to really spell out the future. They're offense is about where we're at, and our defense playing at half-ass level isn't all THAT far behind. I guess, while I'm concerned about habits being formed, I'm starting to feel a little better abuot the Wings.

Yes, teams come down to Earth. I remember a few seasons ago the Rangers dominated the first half of the season, and I don't even think they made playoffs that year.

Don't forget the Senators from last year.

Also, I think we would know more than anyone that a team is judged by their playoff performance; the season doesn't mean crap in the long run.

No, they still had OTL's before the lockout.

I didn't remember when the rule arrived. But that wasn't the point of my post anyway.

It's funny how with the new rule the best teams of the league still have about the same amount of points as before. At least it looks like that to me. It seems that the league is more even than before.

We all know the west will win the cup this year barring a huge upset, although i would say Boston probably will be the best in the East, they are far more convincingly beating opponents than the Sharks i'd say. But probably if you go down the line in the west even teams like Chicago, Calgary, and Nashville may be better than them.

HUH????

Boston is monstrous! They would crush teams like Nashville and Calgary. Chicago could probably stand up but not over a 7 game series.

Boston is the real deal this year.

I hope the Sharks don't face em in the cup,,,if we get that far.

points were awarded for otl's pre-lockout. so their record is only 2 points better than it would have been prior to the lockout. the wings team of the mid-nineties is still talked about, so clearly it is a big deal. what san jose is doing now is a rarity, and thus, noteworthy. 50 points, 48 points, even 46 points, it doesn't matter, they're playing exceptionally well right now. nothing wrong with giving a team credit where it's due. i haven't once said they'll indubitably win the cup this year, or beat the wings in the playoffs, etc., nor was that this thread's intent.

simply put, however, they absolutely the cream of the crop at this stage of the game.

Actually one record that is probably only important to Sharks fans, which is probably more relevant then the 50pts.

The Sharks have not lost in regulation at home since mid February last year. Something like 28 games in a row. I believe they only have 3 OTL's during that period.

That rocks in my book. Going to a Sharks game at the Tank is always a blast. Great place to see a game if you have never been.