• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/15 GDT: Avalanche 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

I am tired of the complete lack of effort in almost every game.

The Red Wings could be so damn good if they focused. It's over a 1/3 of the way into the season and if the Red Wings think they can just coast on skill until April and then turn on the defensive switch, they are dead wrong. I don't what will fix it, but I do think some minor roster changes are beyond necessary by now. Some players aren't cutting it and they need to be held accountable. It's different scenarios, but I see the Detroit Pistons following their championship in these Red Wings. It's human nature, but it's not an excuse for a lack of effort. For once, the Red Wings have something to prove on Thursday.

I am tired of the complete lack of effort in almost every game.

The Red Wings could be so damn good if they focused. It's over a 1/3 of the way into the season and if the Red Wings think they can just coast on skill until April and then turn on the defensive switch, they are dead wrong. I don't what will fix it, but I do think some minor roster changes are beyond necessary by now. Some players aren't cutting it and they need to be held accountable. It's different scenarios, but I see the Detroit Pistons following their championship in these Red Wings. It's human nature, but it's not an excuse for a lack of effort. For once, the Red Wings have something to prove on Thursday.

What ever happened to playing hard every game because you love the sport? (smh)

Guest Four

So uhhh, anyone want to send in a resume to be our new defensive coach?

Or maybe, sign a petition to get rid of ours?

I have to say regardless of wings defensive play or ozzie's for that matter, refs failed to make a few calls on the avs tonight... SOme obvious ones like cross checking on Fillpula or holding down of Franzen who was without a puck at that point...

I have to say regardless of wings defensive play or ozzie's for that matter, refs failed to make a few calls on the avs tonight... SOme obvious ones like cross checking on Fillpula or holding down of Franzen who was without a puck at that point...

We should not be in a position against the Avs were the refs can have that big of an influence on the outcome, those missed calls should not have mattered, we should have dummy'd the avs.

I wouldn't say Lilja chases the puck around. Hes usual the one making the simple plays. If you ask me, Lilja has actually been our best defenseman in terms of defense overall. And why? Because he makes the simple play.

Not to mention the pure dominance that he's shown in his fights.

He's been the only defenseman that has matched or exceeded any expectations others had of him.

only one can wish brad mcCrimmon gets fired for a christmas gift, and bring in john tortarella as a assistant coach or who ever, didnt watch the game but this is getting so frustrating, we the hell is HELM not in the lineup i dont get it honestly dont get it all, and some how i hope Ericsson gets his shot i really have high expectations of this kid... but at the same time maybe its a good thing we didnt win this cuz if we keep coming back all the time this teams not gonna take games seriously and that will hurt them, so lets hope we can gear up n fire brads ass and get our defense going!

Doesn't help when the first shot he sees is a gift 2 on 0...

The second goal was the one he should have had. :(

He should have had both. That first one, a kid could have stopped. And the defender (was it Stuart) had noe xcuse to just stop and literally stand still while the two players set up very slowly in front of Osgood.

He should have had both. That first one, a kid could have stopped. And the defender (was it Stuart) had noe xcuse to just stop and literally stand still while the two players set up very slowly in front of Osgood.

The second goal was Maltby's not Stu's, Maltby goes cross ice to double on a guy that is already engaged. Maltby's now uncovered guy walks right in the zone essentially creating a three on two as Maltby and a defender are doubled up. Stuart is now stuck covering two guys on the PP one who is sloted higher above. Pass goes to Stazny (the guy Malby left) with Stuart's second guy acting as a pick of sorts.

This is another example of not people not watching how players get in a bad situation, Maltby created the second goal.

We should not be in a position against the Avs were the refs can have that big of an influence on the outcome, those missed calls should not have mattered, we should have dummy'd the avs.

Exactly. Using excuses like "Well if we got the calls it would be different" is plain stupid.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Is that three straight starts now Osgood has let in the first goal on the first shot, or just 3 out of 4?

I don't blame Lebda at all for the penalty shot, he was just covering Osgood's ass, much like the offense has been doing all season.

Is that three straight starts now Osgood has let in the first goal on the first shot, or just 3 out of 4?

I don't blame Lebda at all for the penalty shot, he was just covering Osgood's ass, much like the offense has been doing all season.

I'm pretty sure it's 3 out of 4; Anaheim and Vancouver scored on their first shots, then Conks had the next 3 starts. Phoenix didn't score until late in the 1st, and then Colorado last night on their first shot.

:rolleyes:

Tell that to Jussi Jokinen.