• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

Good Lord Chicago

Rate this topic

Quick, what were our seedings in '97 and '98?

Hint: it wasn't top-2.

While I get (and agree with) your point, I think you're missing his. The path would probably be much easier and less risky at a higher seed. Going through those kinds of teams will rack up some injuries and potentially wear us out.

Not that it's something we can't handle. It'd make for good hockey. But you'd be crazy to not take the higher seed if you had the chance to earn it.

You see this is what you could call a hyperbole, and since you wouldn't understand what a hyperbole is BlueMonk, a hyperbole is an "obvious and intentional exaggeration." You have no facts to base your statement on other then experience. Stating an opinion, and claiming it as fact just make you a dunkey's butt.

With that said, I could say the Wings have the worst fans in pro sports, because I've been to several Hawks games (in which they are NOT, I repeat, are NOT playing the Wings) and inevitably run into several Red Wings jerks at the United Centre. They have no business there, and yet they are there "rooting it up" and "trashing up the joint" trying to start trouble. So yeah, I could say the Wings have the worst fans in pro sports, but I won't, because that would be hyperbole.

What bother "those" Wings fans, like you BlueMonk, who continue to trash the Hawks (I'm not grouping all Wings fans into this catergory, just those who can't recognize the fact that the Hawks are closer then they appear in terms of skill and talent) is the fact the Wings are no longer the unquestioned best team in the division or the conference. You guys are still the best---for now---but clearly are not the best team without argument. What bother these kind of Wings fans is that fact that the Hawks can eliminate the Wings from the playoffs.

I'm not here to start crap(you can take it that way, but oh well), I'm here to give my POV from a Hawks fan. You can talk trash about the Hawks if you want, but please use facts, not hyperbole to support your argument.

If all my post does is generate responses like this, then it was worth it! Merry Christmas!

I was pretty excited about the Hawks last year. I saw sparks in talent and told some friends I thought they were going to be the new big rival for us. they have become a bit of a guilty pleasure for me...

If Detroit doesn't win the division, we'll be screwed in the playoffs. We'll likely be in 4th spot, have to play the 5th spot team (could be Anaheim) then if we manage to win, we'll have to play San Jose in the next round (assuming their the 1st seed and win their opening round). Detroit needs that 2nd seed at least!

WTF???? How could you even predict who we could play in the 5th seed then "if" we manage to win that. When did you start watching hockey 2 days ago? Do you even know this team?

IMO Brian Campbell is one of the most overrated players in the game today.

I hate Brian Campbell.

If he is so overrated you should LOVE Campbell. He is eating up a lot of cap and not playing to his expectation....

Now the reality is that Campbell is one of the fastest players in the NHL and has great puck skills. He has been a HUGE factor in the Hawks having one of the TOP PP units in the NHL. When he is on the ice he normally controls the play. He is one of the BIG reasons for the Chicago turn aroud. JMHO

Well, so far in this thread I've learned that "Red Wings fans are the worst" and that "Blackhawks fans are the worst".

The bad apple fans are there for every team, and they are the ones most vocal and most obvious. There are certainly knowledgeable fans for both Detroit and Chicago, just as there are some fans that are total morons.

The Blackhawks' fans were a sleeping giant for many years, and they are returning out of the woodworks. There certainly are many who are just learning or re-learning the game of hockey, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say there are quite a few fans that are not up to snuff on their hockey knowledge. It will take a couple of years to rebuild a large, solid hardcore fan base again, but Chicago is willing to embrace and follow hockey again, and that's encouraging, no matter which NHL team you root for.

Fans do chant "Detroit sucks" occasionally at non-Detroit games, but much rarer than has been hinted in this thread. It will probably never die away, but it certainly will be more fun when the teams are battling each other in the standings. Like in a couple of days.

See you all at Wrigley, or planted in front of your TV's.

EDIT: Oh, and don't get me started on Campbell. Too long a contract and too expensive a contract.

Edited by BlackhawksFan

Well, so far in this thread I've learned that "Red Wings fans are the worst" and that "Blackhawks fans are the worst".

The bad apple fans are there for every team, and they are the ones most vocal and most obvious. There are certainly knowledgeable fans for both Detroit and Chicago, just as there are some fans that are total morons.

The Blackhawks' fans were a sleeping giant for many years, and they are returning out of the woodworks. There certainly are many who are just learning or re-learning the game of hockey, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say there are quite a few fans that are not up to snuff on their hockey knowledge. It will take a couple of years to rebuild a large, solid hardcore fan base again, but Chicago is willing to embrace and follow hockey again, and that's encouraging, no matter which NHL team you root for.

Fans do chant "Detroit sucks" occasionally at non-Detroit games, but much rarer than has been hinted in this thread. It will probably never die away, but it certainly will be more fun when the teams are battling each other in the standings. Like in a couple of days.

EDIT: Oh, and don't get me started on Campbell. Too long a contract and too expensive a contract.

That's a pretty sane post. Thanks for being respectful here. I'm sure most of us will treat you the same. We have a resident Doctor here that will need to give you a physical, though.....Hey yo Rabs, grab yer rubber gloves and c'mere, please. J/K

Personally, I think it's great that Hawks fans chant "detoilet sux" and call us the flying tires! There's a long history between the 2 clubs and I hope the rivalry heats up again.

Good post. I love when fans of other teams come on here and make respectful, intelligent posts. It gives us a new perspective. Welcome to the board and I hope you stick around!

Anyways, I'm glad the Blackhawks are getting good again. I really want to hate them again.

well, blackhawks fan kinda beat me to the punch. you might get a few replies from us blackhawks fans, because this thread was posted on the blackhawks board. i am not what you would call a 'hardcore' blackhawks fan, nor am i a bandwagon jumper now that they are popular. i am a lifelong chicago sports fan, including hockey. but, like most chicago sports fans, i have never taken a strong interest in hockey because there wasn't much reason to. this, i think, gives me a pretty good perspective of chicago hockey fans. i can tell you that i have learned a lot about the team and the sport by browsing the blackhawks forums - to say that they are 'not knowledgeable fans' is simply wrong. i would guess it's the same with the fans on this forum also - it seems overall that hockey fans are VERY knowledgeable fans in general. as for the 'detroit sux' chanting, it definitely does happen. for whatever reason, chicago fans have always gone a bit overboard when it comes to their rivalries - you don't even want to know what is said about the packers here! i think for a long time blackhawks fans didn't have very much to cling to, which is why they have held on to this rivalry so tightly. i can say that there is now a real excitement and genuine interest in this team here and in hockey in general, which in a sport that is obviously struggling to gain fan interest is a very good thing for ALL hockey fans. i also hope that we can renew the rivalry with detroit, which would mean that we actually would have to be a threat to you again. i mean, after all, you guys have won enought already, right? give someone else a chance for chrissakes.

Edited by ratso

Great boards guys. I've been around for awhile but haven't registered or posted up till now. Good luck on the next two games with the Hawks. Of course I'm hoping we come out on top but I will say the two against Detroit is huge for the Hawks. From our perspective, its been long overdue that the Blackhawks could actually make some type of a challenge for the division. Little did we realize it may actually be this year.

As far as the chanting goes, can you really blame the Hawks fans after decades of apathy and mis-management by William W Wirtz and the tool of a GM Bob Pulford while Detroit ran the tables for the past several decades. It is somewhat embarrasing though especially in our recent game against the Flyers at the end when that stuff broke out. Just goes to show how much envy there is.

Funny stuff about the Packers comment. Yah, you don't want to know.

Edited by ChiGuySez

Great boards guys. I've been around for awhile but haven't registered or posted up till now. Good luck on the next two games with the Hawks. Of course I'm hoping we come out on top but I will say the two against Detroit is huge for the Hawks. From our perspective, its been long overdue that the Blackhawks could actually make some type of a challenge for the division. Little did we realize it may actually be this year.

As far as the chanting goes, can you really blame the Hawks fans after decades of apathy and mis-management by William W Wirtz and the tool of a GM Bob Pulford while Detroit ran the tables for the past several decades. It is somewhat embarrasing though especially in our recent game against the Flyers at the end when that stuff broke out. Just goes to show how much envy there is.

Funny stuff about the Packers comment. Yah, you don't want to know.

ChiGuy! Fancy seeing you here...

This year, just like for the past 12 years or so, Detroit is the better team between the Hawks and the Wings. This upcoming home-and-home will be great.

Maybe in a year or two, the Hawks could be the better team. But, as it stands, Blackhawks management could learn a lot from Red Wings management.

That's a pretty sane post. Thanks for being respectful here. I'm sure most of us will treat you the same. We have a resident Doctor here that will need to give you a physical, though.....Hey yo Rabs, grab yer rubber gloves and c'mere, please. J/K

:lol: I'm not on call for this thread. Sorry.