• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
big_D

The all start vote...

Rate this topic

How are we not getting lids in the starting line up i mean hes going anyways no matter if we dont vote mise well let him be a starter i just dont understand we only have 500k redwings fans? ive voted 200 times at least... how are the ducks fans owning us in votes?O maybe they all own cell phones?

How are we not getting lids in the starting line up i mean hes going anyways no matter if we dont vote mise well let him be a starter i just dont understand we only have 500k redwings fans? ive voted 200 times at least... how are the ducks fans owning us in votes?O maybe they all own cell phones?

I have been a huge Lidstrom fan for quite some time but I am not positive he deserves to be a starter this year.

Then again it is a popularity contest.

Guest Shoreline

It was a joke to begin with, and a joke to the end. No idea why you're surprised. It's those who use the scripts most wins.

Pretty sure Rick Astley was voted "Best Act Ever" in accordance to his internet votes for this years MTV Europe Music Awards, also the whole "Vote for Rory" fiasco made a 7th D-man for the Canucks one of the top vote getters in the entire NHL for the All-Star game in due part to a joke campaign. San Jose also nearly swept the voting that year due to voting stations at the stadium.

The number of these votes means nothing and all internet voting campaigns are inherently prone to corruption and mockery. I do appreciate your enthusiasm though and we need more legit votes.

Online fan balloting is a joke. I guarantee at least Pav Hossa and Lidstrom are going either way and so should Hank and Rafalski. Let those with nothing better to do write the programs to auto vote or worse, spend the time to vote each time. I voted 5 times, thats about my maximum. Its a joke, every. single. bit. of. it. Anyone who watched the judged shootout in the Skills competition last year knows it.

Whoever gets in the all-star game, doesn't really matter to me.

I have nothing against the concept of an all-star game, I'll watch this one like I watch them just about every year, but the process of picking these guys has become so corrupt that nobody really knows what the deserving factors are anymore.

There's a lot of fraud involved is this. Also, I think a lot of it has to do with texting. you can just text your team's name in and it will vote for all the players that are on the ballot.

The selection process should be left up to the players, coaches, and GM's. It's a shame that all the starters come from only four teams (Blackhawks, Ducks, Habs, and Pens). A lot of players who are starters shouldn't be starting. Guys like Campbell, Kane/Toews, Kovelev, and Fleury/Price. Then you got the whole thing about injured players getting voted in. Gonchar and Whitney have not played one game. Komeserik has played about ten and Fleury has been out for half the season and still sucks. Let the people who deserve it start.

P.S. No Tim Thomas on the ballot. There's problem #1.

P.S. No Tim Thomas on the ballot. There's problem #1.

Yeah how the hell does that work?

I think the all-star game is just sinking closer and closer to being an all-out joke. It'll just be a matter of time before basicly all the best players in the NHL will be watching the game..

Seems to me that someone always gets hurt bad and the ASG so if they don't make it no big deal. We all know they are the best players in the NHL, let them have some time off.

Maybe the guys will say, "Screw it...we're taking a weekend break with our families." It would only be right.

I admit I do vote once a day, but I don't text. It's too much of a hassle for me.

A couple of things...IMO.

1 - The all star game is a fraud. It's a boring game of high scoring shinny that nobody even watches. We'd be better off with our players taking a few much deserved days off to get rested up for the balance of the regular season.

2 - Agreed...the voting is also a fraud. I just don't buy the fact that all of these undeserving players from Montreal, Pittsburgh, Anaheim and Chicago all are going to be starters. The NHL needs to find a way to prevent the fraudulent voting going on. There's just no way that the fans of these teams have ACTUALLY voted that many times. It's a joke, and I don't see how the league hasn't adjusted the vote totals accordingly.

3 - We all know it's a popularity contest, so why do we even care? The players who really deserve to be there will be selected by the league to fill the balance of the roster. I know that some will be left out due to the fact that the league requires that every team be represented by at least one player, but that's life. It happens in every sport.

Me....I could care less if any of our guys go out there for the game in Montreal. If they stay home, they come back from the weekend off healthy, guaranteed. All we need is some stupid injury to Pav or Nick in the all star game. Thanks but no thanks.