• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rwfan007

2009 Detroit Tigers Season Thread

Rate this topic

Better than Cricket? :P

This game is yeah. But nothing beats cricket when you're drunk. :lol:

So I know nothing about baseball and I'm wondering -- why did that guy swing??

Heartbreaking loss. Story of the Tigers season: their offense misses so many opportunities to get runners in with guys on base.

That ball hit Inge in the top of the 12th. I don't know what the hell Randy Marsh was looking at. No less, it just wasn't meant to be. You keep letting a team like the Twins hang around and they are going to burn you eventually.

For those giving the Tigers s*** for choking, that's fair. They should have won this division without question leading seven games in early September and up three with four to play. However, I don't think any of us should be ashamed of the Tigers effort tonight or all season. The boys came to play tonight in a game where literally everything was in the Twins favor. As disappointing as the loss is, I am proud of them for playing their hearts out in a game I thought they had no chance to win.

Frustrating season overall but it was a memorable and exciting ride. The Tigers weren't going to win the AL, but it sure would have been nice to see some playoff baseball at Comerica.

It was fun talking Tigers baseball with all of you this season.

Edited by GoWings1905

I am as bummed about the loss as anyone, but my goodness, just appreciate the fact the Tigers were playing meaningful games in September and October.

If you would have told me in April the Tigers would be playing on October 6th for the division title, I would have been thrilled and called you nuts. There's no shame in the way they lost today.

I am as bummed about the loss as anyone, but my goodness, just appreciate the fact the Tigers were playing meaningful games in September and October.

If you would have told me in April the Tigers would be playing on October 6th for the division title, I would have been thrilled and called you nuts. There's no shame in the way they lost today.

I would rather have them out of the race all year instead of teasing us and having us believe in these bums just to lead up to this colossal fail. 7 games clear with 26 games left in the season LOL OMG FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL!

Yeah I can't believe anyone tried saying this team was as good or better than '06. I laughed my ass off then, and I continue to now. This team couldn't hold the jockstraps of '06. This is mainly directed to the delusional rwfan007. The '06 team wasn't just better, it was a lot better. Better in all areas. And most importantly, clutch. Unlike this year's team. Not sure they even know what being clutch means. Pathetic.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

I would rather have them out of the race all year instead of teasing us and having us believe in these bums just to lead up to this colossal fail. 7 games clear with 26 games left in the season LOL OMG FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL!

That's absolutely crazy and I guarantee you are very alone in that thinking. I would take an exciting pennant race coming down to the last game of the season every year. We don't get many of these as Tigers fans.

The only fail is your laughable proposed scenario.

That's absolutely crazy and I guarantee you are very alone in that thinking. I would take an exciting pennant race coming down to the last game of the season every year. We don't get many of these as Tigers fans.

The only fail is your laughable proposed scenario.

Twins got it done in every series down the stretch, Tigers couldn't clinch their butt cheeks.

Even though it sucked that was probably the best baseball game I've ever watched. I don't think you can point fingers tonight. It was just 2 teams giving it their all. If you want to point fingers you can blame them for going 1-5 against the Royals down the stretch.

there are absolutely no excuses for the Tigers getting to this point. They lost because they choked. All they needed were 2 games to win. They were up by 5 games. yes the twins were on a tear. but the Tigers fell apart. plain and simple.

I dont care what Rodneys numbers were this season, I never feel comfortable when Leyland puts him in to close a game. It seems like he has blown way too many games in his career here. On the plus side, Porcello pitched like a true ace today and deserved to get the win...its just too bad we couldnt close it.