• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/21 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Wild 5

Rate this topic

Mikko Koivu misses the game due to a police interview for being associated with someone who is associated with someone who is associated with someone who may have committed a crime.

Not going to be an easy game. Mild score first and play a conservative game after that.

Wings manage a Pasha Magic goal, and then in the final minute, the Wings are attempting to change and the puck flies towards the bench, hits Kopy, bounces off of his stick, hits Flip in the butt, and Lilja recovers it and flies in for the GWG.

Let's hear it for career point #500 for our Pasha!! :thumbup:

Let's hear it for career point #500 for our Pasha!! :thumbup:

As much as I'd like to see it at the Joe, I guess anywhere is a good place for it. Let's hope it's tonight. P-P-P-Pasha Power!

Edited by 55fan

Howards record with Detroit is 1-4 I think, it's a B2B game, in Minnesota, and they're out of the picture by 2 points. Well hopefully Detroit plays great, I don't think it's an easy win as everyone implies, might get a little sloppy. Go Wings!

I'm not really a Howard fan (I think he's too inconsistent, regardless of his talent). But I will say this- I've seen all of his games in Detroit and he was much better than his win-loss record shows. Check out his GAA and SV% for a better reflection of how he played in those games. :P

I'm not really a Howard fan (I think he's too inconsistent, regardless of his talent). But I will say this- I've seen all of his games in Detroit and he was much better than his win-loss record shows. Check out his GAA and SV% for a better reflection of how he played in those games. :P

I haven't seen him play except in one pre-season game, so can't say much. So long as he keeps all the pucks out from behind him tonight, I'm happy. ;)

Can anyone watching the pregame tell me if Leino is playing? Babcock gave the impression last game that Maltby was rotated in but that he'd prefer Leino to play. He said they'd be rotating the fourth line, so I'm hoping Leino's back in.

So wtf is going on everyone? I'm looking forward to the game, and even more, looking forward to some good banter here. Haven't been on in a while....a long while, and I've missed it.

So what are your thoughts on fighting in the NHL?

esteef

I do not particularly think Howard is inconsistent. He was impressive last season only through few games though. This season, in the beginning, he was brutal but he has been improved. If he plays more games in the NHL, I think he will be a good goalie soon

Did Cheli dye his hair?

I do not particularly think Howard is inconsistent. He was impressive last season only through few games though. This season, in the beginning, he was brutal but he has been improved. If he plays more games in the NHL, I think he will be a good goalie soon

Well, his time is running out, so it's now or never.

Well I still stand by my opinion :P Here's what Red Wings Central scouting report says:

Weaknesses:

Still can't shake inconsistency, and needs to figure out a way to level out the highs and lows if he expects to be a No. 1 goaltender in the NHL ... Needs to keep his confidence and focus when things aren't going well ... Struggles with rebounds and high shots when off his game.

Projection:

Howard has been named an AHL all-star in two out of three seasons in the minors, but continues to battle inconsistency. After Dominik Hasek retired, the Red Wings weren't ready to hand Howard the NHL backup job, and signed Ty Conklin instead. Howard absolutely must show progress in the AHL with Grand Rapids in 2008-09 or his future with the Red Wings will be in serious jeopardy.