• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Race Bannon

Trade Franzen

Rate this topic

i didnt mean any harm or foul in my remark. I just think it's silly to think of trading Franzen off right now. It is brought up that he gets pushed around so much; well wouldn't one think it is due to his playing ability. He gets under peoples skin quite obviously. I for one don't care how big he is, I don't want him throwing punches. He is a goal scorer not a fist thrower. Just like everyone was worried when Hossa took one for the team, sure it speaks volumes of his dedication but we were all a little worried and thought he shouldn't be risking a hand injury of any kind.

just my thoughts.

Although the deadline has already passed-

The way that Franzen played down the stretch and in the playoffs last year, no way. There's no replacing a performance like that- lets see if he can do it again. If so, no way you let him go; ever.

Edited by KronwallCRUNCH

I don't think anyone besides the OP really thinks we should have traded Franzen, or at least they aren't arguing for it here. I think what some (including myself) were pointing out was the amount of ******* responses the guy received for sharing his thoughts -- not to mention the fact it was his first post on the board.

Thank god the 3 people on here who want to do this aren't the GM. I mean really, what does Ken Holland know? 4 Cups in 11 years, and regarded as the best run franchise in the sport. But the three geniuses that want to trade the Mule know much more. Settle down kids, the grownups just may know a little more.

Shun the non believer eh? Personal opinions bud, calm down. Never once did i knock Ken Holland. 90 percent of the threads started on here are a mear fantasy. How people would enjoy seeing the Wings through their own eyes. And every one is entitled to an opinion. So what if a few people think Franzen should be traded because its him or Hossa and Hudler..I mean, i think your the one who needs to settle down if you think that the team will be completely in tact come next season. You dont think it may be beneficial to lose something we can't keep and replace it with role players with well round the team a little more? Of course Kenny wont break up the team this late and make a hit or miss decision going into the playoffs. But frankly, i dont give a f*** what Mr. Holland thinks because guess what, I'm not his advisor. Im just a longtime hardcore fan who posts on a message board for personal entertainment.. Genius? Nahh, but thank you.

It really makes no sense to get rid of Franzen a proven playoff score for a potential goods. I think Franzen is a bit overrated myself but he still has better hands then pretty much all the players you named and is a big body, besides this year Holland is going for gold. If we got rid of someone that probably would have made us weaker and we weren't able to get back in return an equivalent to what we would have given up. What exactly would you have been looking for Neil? What does he bring that proves he is more valuable in the playoffs? Besides if were to have made a move it seems most logically it would have been on defense; we a proven deep amount of offensive talent; Leino/Helm sitting out. Where our defense is weaker at the 6 spot, so who would you of had in mind to go from the 4-6 spot on defense?

No reason for attacking the OP for making that comment. Its actually not a bad idea and if you think its that far fetched you know little about hockey or how the wings work.

please tell us how many proven playoff goal scorers the Wings have gotten rid of in the trade deadline for HOPES that someone else could fill in; that can also play defense and isn't afraid of going into corner? especially for a 3/4th liner who fights?

Edited by ben_usmc

I can see the point of shipping Franzen out, but considering our depth and standing there is no one out there that would be a better player to help the team on the road to the Stanley Cup. If we were a bubble playoff team I'd fully support shipping out a UFA for potential. But since the Red Wings are looking for a Cup it's all or nothing, especially with how our young players are looking.

You'd like to trade Franzen because 'he's not coming back', but it becomes a huge fail when you suggest trading him for an inferior player (Neil), who also becomes an unrestricted free agent after this season.

First - welcome to the boards. Things tend to get a little tense here at times - so hang in there!

Second, I disagree about trading Franzen. I think having a physically large player of his skill is great for our team. Not only that, but I think a lot of the falling down you're seeing is because he's taking Homer's spot in front of the net. We all know that NOBODY can do it like Homer does - but I don't think Franzen just falls over left and right because he can't keep himself up. He's taking the beatings that Homer normally takes. I think we should definitely try to hang onto him if we can.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

First - welcome to the boards. Things tend to get a little tense here at times - so hang in there!

Second, I disagree about trading Franzen. I think having a physically large player of his skill is great for our team. Not only that, but I think a lot of the falling down you're seeing is because he's taking Homer's spot in front of the net. We all know that NOBODY can do it like Homer does - but I don't think Franzen just falls over left and right because he can't keep himself up. He's taking the beatings that Homer normally takes. I think we should definitely try to hang onto him if we can.

[/quote

FRANZEN TAKES A BEAT DOWN EVERY GAME. FROM GOALIES AND DEFENSE. I WAS SUPRISED TO SEE THIS THREAD . I SAY HE STAYS

Hi Everyone, long-time lurker, first time poster. Enjoy the website immensely.

Anywho, I wish we would dump Franzen since he may not re-sign next year; and yes I know that the team that bites might get a short-term rental. Lately it seems that "Mule" is splattered all over the ice and getting roughed up by the other teams defensemen. For a "Mule" of his stature his legs are as wobbly as fawn. Bring back Homer, dump the Mule for Neil. Peace Out.

I think you should just stay as a first time poster

Welcome to LGW. f*** all those guys with their stupid replies. Too many 14 yr olds with internet access on their IPods screwing off in the classroom.

Paintbrush.jpg

Here's a nice big brush for all those huge sweeping brushstrokes you were making up there. Don't want you to miss a spot!

Guest Shoreline
You make it sound like it took me hours.

How do I double click?

Edited by Shoreline

Hi Everyone, long-time lurker, first time poster. Enjoy the website immensely.

Anywho, I wish we would dump Franzen since he may not re-sign next year; and yes I know that the team that bites might get a short-term rental. Lately it seems that "Mule" is splattered all over the ice and getting roughed up by the other teams defensemen. For a "Mule" of his stature his legs are as wobbly as fawn. Bring back Homer, dump the Mule for Neil. Peace Out.

ಠ_ಠ