• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/5 GDT: Wild 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Guest MrSandMan

People are still bitching about Osgood despite getting the "W" and only letting in 2 goals against a desperate Wild team. Not sure why some people get pissed when Osgood makes a key save to keep us in the game.

Osgood made a bone-head play by assisting clutterbucket... but the second goal was all on the defense and lack of determination. Good win.

We only need to win 4 more and SJ needs to lose 2 more and we're taking the 1st spot in the conference!

I thought Chelios didn't look out of place.

Stuart looked a little suspect.

GOod that ozzie got some saves late.

Datsyuk cut down on the flash today...looked focused and defensive-minded.

The way the Wings started made me feel better about the playoffs, the way they finished (other than the last-minute goal) scared me again.

What a game.

Zetterberg was a beast today, too bad he didn't score; and Osgood definitely made up for that first goal (I'm indifferent about the second) with his big saves down the stretch.

All and all, they could have done without all of the giveaways in the third, but their offense was sure clicking against a great defensive team.

GO WINGS!!!!

No. I am simply stating how goals often go in on the league's worst (statistically speaking) goaltender. Figure out some way to pick that statement apart in defense of Ranford...err...Osgood. I'm dying with anticipation.

I'm not arguing that Osgood is better than Brodeur or that Osgood has had a fantastic season. I'm pointing out that people judge Osgood's play on a shot by shot basis.

The Red Wings play a puck possession. A goaltender will only see about 15 - 25 shots a game. However, the shots they will see are normally good scoring chances because other teams shoot different than the Wings. Wings will shoot from any angle, no matter what the circumstance. Other teams wait for openings; that's why Wings' goalies don't see many shots and their save percentages will never be high.

Guest Shoreline
:unsure:

What MVP s***? I said Backstrom was the league's MVP?

How much worse can you get with your posts? Are you going to hack into my user name and start making erroneous posts for me, just so you can later respond to them in ways that make you look smarter?

You like to whine about Hall of Famers, and whine about Ozzie's play this season, discounting his career entirely based upon one season where he statistically has sucked and logically has not been on the same game he was on last season. If you want to see how stupid your attempt is to sound logical is, one only needs to point to how you look at the one bad goal Ozzie gave up in this game and treat it like Ozzie's entire season, and how one bad Ozzie statistical season discounts his entire career of wins and cups. Keep on entertaining us, GMR. Your circus act is comedy at best.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest mindfly
if the ducks win tonight and the wings win tomorrow, all of the sudden the president's trophy is in play again...though still very tough to capture.

There's still a team in the east called Boston Bruins who are in the race

I thought Chelios didn't look out of place.

Stuart looked a little suspect.

GOod that ozzie got some saves late.

Datsyuk cut down on the flash today...looked focused and defensive-minded.

The way the Wings started made me feel better about the playoffs, the way they finished (other than the last-minute goal) scared me again.

cheli was great today, even got a pretty good shot off at one point and made good plays offensively and defensively.

Notice how he focuses on one goal Ozzie gave up, rather than the three the opposing goalie gave up, and who actually WON THE GAME.

Ozzie bashing hypocrites have no leg to stand on.

:lol:

How about his stats this season and the fact that he gives up a bad goal just about every game now. It's the other side that has no leg to stand on. When a guy wins many games, but has pathetic stats, that can only mean that his team is bailing him out by outscoring the opposition.

He hasn't shown any kind of good consistency all season, yet Ozzie bashers have no leg to stand on. Wonderful post.

Notice how he focuses on one goal Ozzie gave up, rather than the three the opposing goalie gave up, and who actually WON THE GAME.

Ozzie bashing hypocrites have no leg to stand on.

Maybe I should focus on the 3.17 goals per game that Osgood gives up playing for the team ranked #2 in the conference, versus the 2.32 that Backstrom gives up playing for a team which just had it's palyoff dreams smashed in that case.

See if you can wrap your happy go lucky mind around that.

So I guess we should all cast our Vezina Trophy ballots for Ozzy because of this??

No but maybe show a bit of gratitude for keeping the game tied and putting us in a position to win when Hossa scored.

Ozzy was out of position on more plays than the goals against indicate. He did make some good saves this game but he also gave up some bulls*** too. He just doesn't look like the type of goalie I would want taking us into the playoffs.

The win today does nothing to erase the continued defensive and goaltending lapses that have plagued the Wings throughout the season. I hope things get better QUICK!

esteef

Guest MrSandMan
So I guess we should all cast our Vezina Trophy ballots for Ozzy because of this??

Wow. Just wow! :blink:

Wings win, breaking a 3 game losing streak and Ozzie came up big when he was needed and posters make comments like this? You'd think a true Red Wing fan would be happy their team just won.... :blink:

No. I am simply stating how goals often go in on the league's worst (statistically speaking) goaltender. Figure out some way to pick that statement apart in defense of Ranford...err...Osgood. I'm dying with anticipation.

Everyone on the other hockey forums have noticed detroit's goaltender problems, I am not bashing Ozzy heck I have his Jersey hanging in my closet, but I think it's safe to say he does not have the same stuff anymore. Everyone else notices it but the second you criticize ozzy, you get bombarded with retorts such as "your not a real fan".

Guest Shoreline
Maybe I should focus on the 3.17 goals per game that Osgood gives up playing for the team ranked #2 in the conference, versus the 2.32 that Backstrom gives up playing for a team which just had it's palyoff dreams smashed in that case.

See if you can wrap your happy go lucky mind around that.

How about you wrap your mind around this team being in 2nd place, before you start with your woes-me-it's-the-end-of-the-world crap based upon GAA. And boy does Backstrom's elite GAA make a difference going into the playoffs, doesn't it? Holy crap, figure that.

You like to whine about Hall of Famers, and whine about Ozzie's play this season, discounting his career entirely based upon one season where he statistically has sucked and logically has not been on the same game he was on last season. If you want to see how stupid your attempt is to sound logical is, one only needs to point to how you look at the one bad goal Ozzie gave up in this game and treat it like Ozzie's entire season, and how one bad Ozzie statistical season discounts his entire career of wins and cups. Keep on entertaining us, GMR. Your circus act is comedy at best.

I whine about Hall of Famers? What are you talking about?

And I never discounted Ozzie's career, I'm just saying that his past play can't be expected to carry into the playoffs in the same season where he's consistently sucked. And that one bad goal is how his season has gone. It's not just an isolated incident that me and the others were complaining about.

Your posts make no sense, probably because you're defending Ozzie's play this season by pointing out how he was once great, which also makes no sense. Nobody is complaining about the past, just how he's playing now. Is that so hard to figure out?

Guest mindfly
What did you guys think of the lines today?

1st awesome

2nd very good

3rd quite good

4th brutal

Solution: Inject: Helm+Leino come playoff time = Problem solved.

Guest Shoreline

How about his stats this season and the fact that he gives up a bad goal just about every game now. It's the other side that has no leg to stand on. When a guy wins many games, but has pathetic stats, that can only mean that his team is bailing him out by outscoring the opposition.

He hasn't shown any kind of good consistency all season, yet Ozzie bashers have no leg to stand on. Wonderful post.

Osgood just bailed this team out in the 3rd. You're not watching games, you're wanking to stats. The "better" goalie statistically just lost the game for his team. Keep the circus act going.

Hmmm...four games...four points to 100. Think Pasha will make it??? I say why not????

Now, even though I hate Anaheim with a passion I have to root for them to beat San Jose tonight. If that happens, we have an outside chance of being first. Go Ducks! (God, that hurt to type!)

Edited by Kira

The win today does nothing to erase the continued defensive and goaltending lapses that have plagued the Wings throughout the season. I hope things get better QUICK!

esteef

Well, today felt like one of those wins in which the Wings got some metaphorical monkey off their backs and now they can just play and not have to worry about 50 wins or ending a losing streak or whatever.

Guest Shoreline
Well, today felt like one of those wins in which the Wings got some metaphorical monkey off their backs and now they can just play and not have to worry about 50 wins or ending a losing streak or whatever.

Personally, I didn't like seeing the offense sputter so badly in the first two periods, taking bad angle shots and not converting on opportunities like power plays and breakaways. But nonetheless, the team won, so bitching at this point is rather futile.

Lets just throw away the 50 shots the the opposing goaltender faced.... I really don't think we are bashing osgood but the blind osgood homers.

Guest Shoreline
Lets just throw away the 50 shots the the opposing goaltender faced.... I really don't think we are bashing osgood but the blind osgood homers.

44. It would actually be closer to 40, but I'm assuming you're using 50 to try and prove a point. And that point is wiped out given the goalie that stopped 41 of 44 shots gave up the third goal that lost the game. Which is ultimately all that matters. And quite honestly they really didn't do much wrong. They played decent defense but their defense needs to be more stellar than that to beat a cup contending team.

Edited by Shoreline

Osgood blowers thats who they are . Backstom 44 shot to handle Osgood 22 enough said! Thank the team effort for the win . When your Chris Oscrap stops 35 shots and lets in 2 goals ; then turns in another simular performance, then he start to get respect from the lot of us who think he sucks and is pulling down the team down. Until then keep flogging the dead horse pumpers were not impressed.