• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/5 GDT: Wild 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Wonder if it would make some of the Red Wing's fans happy if Holland could find a way to trade Datsyuk and Ericsson straight across for Backstrom? Maybe that would make posters happy.

Excuse us for complaining about the worst goalie in the NHL this season. I suppose we should all expect him to play as well as he did last year as soon as the playoffs begin.

I think I really understand what pro-Osgood posters mean when the defence is giving up, thus meaning Osgood is not responsible for goals.

It's been a recurring thing over the past decade. Why the hell would they back off and let Langenbrunner or MacInnis shoot? Obvious defensive lapses.

Yeah, the point of defenders is to protect the goalie. If a shot is taken, it's obvious that they are horrible and in no way could it be the goalie's fault. Ever. Unless it was Dominik Hasek, Manny Legace, Ty Conklin, or Curtis Joseph. Those guys still should make saves. Osgood is purely a victim of bad defense.

Yep.

Guest Shoreline
How many times have we been bounced early in the playoffs yet being very high in the standings?

Conclusion, who gives a f*** about the standings? We're worried about the playoffs, not the regular season.

Kinda hard to praise the Wild goalie and ***** about Osgood when Osgood's team is in the playoffs, the Wild are not. So their stellar goaltending means what when they don't even make the playoffs? That's right. Nothing.

Edited by Shoreline

You couldn't care less about the regular season, but you're whining about the Wild goalie being so good, and obviously their goaltending isn't pushing their team into the playoffs, so hard to talk about the playoffs with this MVP goalie in the same sentence isn't it? Brilliant.

Maybe you should try just being happy your team is going into the playoffs and bitching when the team falters and loses out in the playoffs because of whatever. I mean, I have a feeling logic is well beyond your scope of wisdom here, but I'm sure you're going to feel rather weird when people actually start bitching if the Wings lose out of the playoffs and rightfully so. Maybe there's a such thing is not being a pissy and whiny malcontent the entire season.

If Ozzie was the Wild's goalie all year, they wouldn't even be competing for a playoff spot, and if Backstrom was our goalie, we'd already have the President's trophy clinched weeks ago.

I'm complaining because on the eve of the playoffs, Ozzie is still no better than he's been all season. No improvement whatseover. Being the genius that you are, try to figure out why I'm unhappy about that with the playoffs approaching.

Kinda hard to praise the Wild goalie and ***** about Osgood when Osgood's team is in the playoffs, the Wild are not. So their stellar goaltending means what when they don't even make the playoffs? That's right. Nothing.

:lol: I'm sure it has nothing to do with the other 18 skaters on the ice.

Guest MrSandMan
Excuse us for complaining about the worst goalie in the NHL this season. I suppose we should all expect him to play as well as he did last year as soon as the playoffs begin.

That's your fallacy. You complain about goaltending instead of the real issue: defense and determination. You expect Osgood to play as solid as last year, but you're perfectly fine with the defense playing worse than it has in a decade.

I don't care who Detroit has in net, we won't win sh!t with this defense.

That's your fallacy. You complain about goaltending instead of the real issue: defense and determination. You expect Osgood to play as solid as last year, but you're perfectly fine with the defense playing worse than it has in a decade.

Please stop using the word "fallacy" improperly.

Nobody complains about defense when the goalie is making saves. This is the wrost goaltending we've had in 10 years also. I guess this is just a finger pointing contest, but the defense will always make some mistakes during the game. The goalie has to bail them out. Ozzie is the worst goalie in the league right now at bailing his team out, let alone amongst playoff teams.

Guest MrSandMan

See that last play, that just confirmed what I have been saying all along. Atleast our goalie did make the big saves that our defense and players screw up.

That pretty much sums up this season.

True enough. Somebody said earlier that it's understandable that the defense breaks down every now and again because they can't be perfect all game. So why does Osgood have to be perfect all game?

Wonder if Osgood gets any credit for the stop after the horrible Stuart giveaway? Or was that just one of the saves he's "supposed" to make?

I knew as soon as he made a stop on a 26 footer an Ozzie lover would go, "See, See! He's amazing! What a save!"

True enough. Somebody said earlier that it's understandable that the defense breaks down every now and again because they can't be perfect all game. So why does Osgood have to be perfect all game?

I doubt that 1st goal can be considered asking him to be perfect.