• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Ya know, the Thrashers might just be on to something

Rate this topic

Guest micah

Teams that have icegirls also tend to have opportunities to help the community more than those who emply the non-descript to shovel the ice do. Icegirls show up for charity events and meet-and-greets, they can be an asset to the community. I've seen icegirls involved in the promotion of various charitable causes, I've seen them visit sick kids in the hospital, etc. Noboy wants pimple-faced Lou the shovel boy to show up for their store opening or fundraiser or to creep out their sick child.

I've seen the smiles on sick kids, some that won't live another year, when they get visited by the ice girls. It can really brighten their day. It would brighten my day. (Also, befor someone says "b-b-b-but the players can do fundraisers!!...well, yes, they can, but you can do more faundraisers and such with players and icegirls at your disposal than you can with just players)

In summary, if you're opposed to icegirls in skimpy outfits, you hate kids who have cancer and want to rob them of a nice expirience of meeting some hotties and you also want to the the funding that could cure them fail to be provided because there were no icegirls to promote the charity carwash. Why do you hate children?!?!? Please, somebody, think of the children!!

Guest GordieSid&Ted
610x.jpg

Avery - "Why are you looking at my exes? Geez, everyone goes out with my (former ex girlfriends)."

610x.jpg

"Try not to look....try not to look...."

haha, that one of lundqvist is hilarious.

I think it's comments like this and the "girls are fat cows" comment that show you're bitter because you've never had a girlfriend.

Maybe it's because he has a gf that he's so down on women.

I agree with Micah (minus the sarcasm) about the slush sluts doing charity work. It's a good thing for them to do.

We all have out talents. Some have them on the inside, others on the outside. As long as we all work together, using out talents to the best of our abilities, to make the world a better place, it's all good.

I'm sure the girls know what they're getting into when they suit up. I'm also sure the guys who drool over them know they probably know that crusty slush has a better chance of being picked up by these gals than they do.

All is well on the food chain.

(LOL at Lundqvist too.)

Guest mindfly
I think it's comments like this and the "girls are fat cows" comment that show you're bitter because you've never had a girlfriend.

Very mature assumption *not*, you don't even know me nor know what i look like you chicken s***... oh well, why am i even bothering replying to something like this hmm...post a picture of you and i'm sure i can rip you apart.

Edited by mindfly

Hey guys - I am the wife. My husband has no interest in hockey. I have been a fan all my life. I had season tics to the Kzoo Wings when I was in high school. Since I live in Alabama now, I love Center Ice and go to Atlanta whenever the Wings are in town.

As for the "Blue Crew" many teams are doing this- especially the newer teams in the league. I don't think any of the original 6 teams have cheerleaders in tight outfits. I think this is so not right. It is not part of the tradition of the great sport we all love. The NHL has changed enough.

The Blackhawks have girls like this to clean the ice.

Very mature assumption *not*, you don't even know me nor know what i look like you chicken s***... oh well, why am i even bothering replying to something like this hmm...post a picture of you and i'm sure i can rip you apart.

exterminator-logo.jpg

Shouldn't you be off predicting a first round sweep of the Red Wings or something?

Edited by Hockeytown0001

610x.jpg

Avery - "Why are you looking at my exes? Geez, everyone goes out with my (former ex girlfriends)."

610x.jpg

"Try not to look....try not to look...."

Yeah!!! :P

Seriously, for me personally, I don't care one way or the other about ice girls. I personally go to a sporting event to watch the game on the playing surface first and foremost. All the other extra fluff and entertainment is a bonus to me.

That being said, I'm just one idiot and know that my train of thought on this is probably in the minority. I have nothing against the concept of ice girls whatsoever in terms of trying to spark entertainment or ticket sales or whatever else, whether your team is "traditional" or not.

I really hope the Wings never do that, but I'll admit I am pretty stubborn about maintaining things I consider a "tradition". For instance, I could do with a whole lot less Kid Rock and a whole lot more organ in between plays, but I'll admit I might be rather unique.

My favorite sporting experience are bull fights in Spain. Just prior to the start of the event, they will literally take down all the sponsorship banners and advertisement signs from the walls of the arena, and the whole place and experience can easily take you back a hundred years when the focus was more on just the sport. Truly a unique event to take part in.

Hockey events, without all the flashing lights, dancing girls, halftime shows and kitchy gimmicks are a lot more enjoyable to me over other North American sporting events for a similar reason.

Agreed. Great post! I also miss the organ playing vs. "kid rock"...its probably something that goes along with having a team that has been around since the 1920s: a better appreciation for tradition.

Could they have ice girls and have it be less flashy than some of the newer/southern teams? Yeah I think so....we don't need any yeehaw line-dancing BS like Phoenix, for example. :rolleyes:

Still, the reason most of these other teams have the ice girls in the first place is for marketing, however small of a draw it might be. Detroit obviously doesn't need them for that reason.

Bring back more organ music and non-dancing ice girls? Might be a good compromise, haha.