• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EuroTwin

4.19.2009 GDT

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

******* hell. I went to the NHL Network to see the Canes highlights and it was 15 million years straight of Penguins gushing. f*** off already.

Edited by Shoreline

That Pen went down like he was shot out of a cannon. I've seen that happen to Homer at least twenty billion times and it's not a call. It was cross-checking but it was basically the legal kind, battling in front of the net.

Again, it was called because they were on the PP and the same thing was not called on Staal in the Flyers zone.

******* hell. I went to the NHL Network to see the Canes highlights and it was 15 minutes straight of Penguins gushing. f*** off already.

Stupid friggin' league.

I hope the Flyers bury the Pens in Philly.

Paid a visit to the Flyers boards and they're really pointing to the refs on this one. Thing is, every fans do that, but it seems like in this case it has some merit. Does it?

The power play that tied it up should have been a holding the stick penalty on Staal instead of the hooking call that was called on Carter.

Maybe they tie it up after that, but maybe they don't.

Guest Shoreline

Hopefully Versus can actually show highlights of likely the biggest upset of the night (Canes vs. Devils) at this intermission in 1 minute.

Edited by Shoreline

Again, it was called because they were on the PP and the same thing was not called on Staal in the Flyers zone.

Sorry, misunderstood you back there. The Staal thing wasn't even a big deal, just a little shove, even the ref gave him a pat on the butt as he skated off. The whole sequence was a load of nonsense.

While a 5-on-3 is an incredible rarity in playoff OT, the slash had to be called. The prior call was weak, but the again so was the call that gave Philly a PP. However, there really is no reason for calling the "penalty" that sent the game into OT, so with that in mind the Flyer fans have a legitimate grip and were in a sense robbed of a W tonight.

I'm not surprised by it, I'm pretty sure I picked the Canes to win their series... but I wanna know how they beat the Devils tonight. Did anyone see it? At all?

Guest Shoreline

Yeah the slash had to be called, and yes, the other call was weak and obviously an "equalizer" or "makeup call" -- whichever way you want to put it. Orpik or whoever that was which fell on the crosscheck did so very very easily, but the refs were looking to make that call anyways.

Refs doing business as usual but the Flyers problem is they can't stop taking penalties. There's no excuse for that.

While a 5-on-3 is an incredible rarity in playoff OT, the slash had to be called. The prior call was weak, but the again so was the call that gave Philly a PP. However, there really is no reason for calling the "penalty" that sent the game into OT, so with that in mind the Flyer fans have a legitimate grip and were in a sense robbed of a W tonight.

Q

F

T

ESPN.com, Yahoo, and NHL.com all had St. Louis winning 1-0 on an unassisted McDonald goal at 4:19 and it stayed that way for like a half hour...now it's 0-0...I take it that was...wrong?

Guest Shoreline
I'm not surprised by it, I'm pretty sure I picked the Canes to win their series... but I wanna know how they beat the Devils tonight. Did anyone see it? At all?

Watching highlights finally on NHL Network (will barely beat Versus) ..

Canes had several scoring chances, then the Devils failed to clear, Gleason rocketed it from the blue line, Eric Staal was screening Brodeur, he couldn't see it, blew it by him a few minutes into OT.

Indeed, no score after one.

Was it a goal that got disallowed or reviewed and overturned or...anything? Or was it just a total boner by the online scorers? I'm guessing the latter.

CBC just went through the sequence of events that lead to the 5 on 3. The Flyers really can't complain about it. Just the PP that lead to the GTG. That's their only legitimate gripe. But those calls happen all the time, to every team.

CBC just went through the sequence of events that lead to the 5 on 3. The Flyers really can't complain about it. Just the PP that lead to the GTG. That's their only legitimate gripe. But those calls happen all the time, to every team.

I agree that they were legit calls (with the exception of the PP late in the third), but I doubt the refs would have been so quick to put any other team 5-on-3 in OT in the playoffs. Who knows, the Flyers have no discipline, so I'm just hoping this isn't a trend that carries into the Pens other series...

Guest Shoreline
Every team celebrates an OT playoff win like that.

No way, they all just hang their arms to their side and go to the locker rooms, rather than those excessive European celebrations.

I agree that they were legit calls (with the exception of the PP late in the third), but I doubt the refs would have been so quick to put any other team 5-on-3 in OT in the playoffs. Who knows, the Flyers have no discipline, so I'm just hoping this isn't a trend that carries into the Pens other series...

The refs are more likely to make legitimate calls for the Pens than anyone else. Seems like a strange statement.

Hopefully Versus can actually show highlights of likely the biggest upset of the night (Canes vs. Devils) at this intermission in 1 minute.

lol yeah right, you must not realize the awesomeness that is sid the kid

No way, they all just hang their arms to their side and go to the locker rooms, rather than those excessive European celebrations.

There's no emotion allowed in hockey. :ph34r: