• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jollymania

Brad Stuart Annihilates Umberger

Rate this topic

I found footage of Umberger trying to figure out where he was and how his head ended up in his own arse...

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I completely agree with Mickey, that seeking 'revenge' for a clean hit, should not be part of the game. It right way ruins the flow of the game, and the advantaged gained by making a good clean slobber knocker is negated. I understand the desire to protect the stars or teammates in general. If someone takes a cheap shot (knee on knee, a Pronger elbow, or a hit after the whistle), I'm all for face punching the SOB. But if your teams star player, or anyone for that matter, skates around with their head down, especially while carrying the puck they kinda deserve a good thumping. If Umberger can remember anything that happened before the third period yesterday, then I bet he doesn't skate around with his head down for a long time (although he may have shown by now he's got a learning disability when it comes to not getting "Knocked the F*%out!")

My 2 cents

That was a great hit by Stewie and then excellent composure by the Wings on Z's goal showing what happens when you goon up on our players instead of sticking with the play.

It's strange to me, guys like Micah and E.S.A.D post non-stop about how the Wings players are soft, boring, can't stand up for themselves, have no grit, and many other much more vulgar comments; yet when Stewart lays out a hit like this one they are never their to brag on the Wing's players. I have been impressed (as I usually am by the Wings) at how much they step it up when it matters. Great hit Stewie, great job fellas, and GO WINGS.

The BJ announcer said it "should result in a penalty".

WTF??

It's gotta be one of the cleanest bigtime hits I've seen in a long while. On some angles it looks like Stuart might've thrown the hip and/or leaned with his elbow. But on the angle facing the two (so, the cross-ice cam) it's clearly a textbook shoulder-to-shoulder ass-whooping.

I don't know if anyone has said this already... but Umberger has had a history of skating with his head down. You guys remember when he was playing for the Flyers and got KILLED by Campbell? He had his head down the whole time! Same thing here. He was skating with his head down, and Stuart lowered the f---ing boom :judge:

awesome hit...hated the commentary afterward. "and that's the stuff the nhl is trying to avoid, it's ridiculous, that's a clean hit" Those guys have no clue what the nhl is actually trying to avoid...hits targeting the head, this was just an awesome hit and Umberger still doesn't know where he or what hit him

I was watching FSN Ohio on the Internet and the commentators were confused to say the least. They said it could draw a penalty but it was clean and they blamed Stuart for the hit and that it was Umberger's fault for not looking. They had all the bases covered. They also dropped it and moved on other then reporting on Umberger's status and saying Umberger was heroic for coming back after the hit, so I don't think the replays convinced them it was not clean.