• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Jonathan Ericsson

Rate this topic

This kid is playing great I hope this guys a starter next year. His playing very good. I love his frame: 6'4" 206 that's amazing. This kid could be in the 1st pairing as soon as Lidstrom retires. For sure his a starter next year.

Right now, in my mind, on any other team but Detroit and Anaheim, Ericsson is already playing like a top 3 defenseman. Course no other team took a chance on him and certainly no other team would have let him overripen like Kenny. He is physical, he is poised, he is big, and he doesn't take s***. Love when he fought Corey "the windshield" Perry, Perry thought he was going to bully him and Ericsson just stood up and showed him he was dead wrong.

I have already decided that he must stay here for his entire career. Unfortunately, I have no say in the matter.

I love his skill, and his use of his size. Any mistakes he is making right now are rookie mistakes, and he is playing with Nick Lidstrom. He will only get better.

Whenever announcers and commentators are talking about the Wings' scouting they always mention Datsyuk, 6th round and Zetterberg, 7th round. Even I get tired of hearing it sometimes. A little. Sort of. I have absolutely no doubt that Ericsson is going to be talked about the same way in a couple years.

Yup ... very excited to see a top 6 of Lidstrom-Rafalski-Kronwall-Stuart-Lilja-Ericsson for hopefully a full year next year ... size, speed, and skill!

Edited by lets go pavel

Yup ... very excited to see a top 6 of Lidstrom-Rafalski-Kronwall-Stuart-Lilja-Lebda for hopefully a full year next year ... size, speed, and skill!

I do believe you left Ericsson off of your list, which may have been intentional I am not sure! But I am 99.4% sure Ericsson will be on the roster.

I do believe you left Ericsson off of your list, which may have been intentional I am not sure! But I am 99.4% sure Ericsson will be on the roster.

Dammit! How did Lebda sneak into the lineup? Back to the bench, Brett!

(Fixed it ... thanks!)

This kid is playing great I hope this guys a starter next year. His playing very good. I love his frame: 6'4" 206 that's amazing. This kid could be in the 1st pairing as soon as Lidstrom retires. For sure his a starter next year.

over lidstrom and rafalski? give him a few more years but he'll be in the lineup for sure

over lidstrom and rafalski? give him a few more years but he'll be in the lineup for sure

Not to be the posting police in this thread, but he said after Lids retires, so therefore Lids would no longer factor into his equation!

If Ericsson is the next big defenseman, he'll be the next Zdeno Chara, not Pronger. Chara's not incredibly talented offensively - good, but not great - and hes a great shutdown guy. Hes also not overly physical or dirty, but he does hit and he does fight. Thats where I see Ericsson right now.

And to whoever said hes playing like a #3 defenseman right now, I completely agree.

If Ericsson is the next big defenseman, he'll be the next Zdeno Chara, not Pronger. Chara's not incredibly talented offensively - good, but not great - and hes a great shutdown guy. Hes also not overly physical or dirty, but he does hit and he does fight. Thats where I see Ericsson right now.

And to whoever said hes playing like a #3 defenseman right now, I completely agree.

Oddly enough for me he is a tie with Stuart for being the #2 defenseman, as far as what I have seen them bring, Kronwall being 4th then Lebda and Cheli being tied for playing like 7th d-men.

Lids has been Lids, Ralf is being missed, Stuart is playing better than last year IMO, and Ericsson is a beast. Kronwall looks tired to me, don't know why he just looks bogged down. Lebda looks worse than I have seen him in a while, that third pairing seems to be out of place a lot, and if you go back to last year Cheli and Lebda don't exactly seem to communicate very well.

I really look forward to Big Rig and Lids being side by side for the rest of Lids' career, then Ralf and Kronwall or Stuart, but I doubt that will happen that way!

Oddly enough for me he is a tie with Stuart for being the #2 defenseman, as far as what I have seen them bring, Kronwall being 4th then Lebda and Cheli being tied for playing like 7th d-men.

Lids has been Lids, Ralf is being missed, Stuart is playing better than last year IMO, and Ericsson is a beast. Kronwall looks tired to me, don't know why he just looks bogged down. Lebda looks worse than I have seen him in a while, that third pairing seems to be out of place a lot, and if you go back to last year Cheli and Lebda don't exactly seem to communicate very well.

I really look forward to Big Rig and Lids being side by side for the rest of Lids' career, then Ralf and Kronwall or Stuart, but I doubt that will happen that way!

Thats actually the order I have them in, too. I said at the beginning of the playoffs that if Stuart picked up his game in the playoffs - after his average (at best) season defensively - all would be forgiven. Well hes doing that. In general, Stuart is just playing really smart hockey right now, and Ericsson is right there.

Agreed about Kronner too. He looks tired. Not nearly the same guy he was last playoff run.

Whenever announcers and commentators are talking about the Wings' scouting they always mention Datsyuk, 6th round and Zetterberg, 7th round. Even I get tired of hearing it sometimes. A little. Sort of. I have absolutely no doubt that Ericsson is going to be talked about the same way in a couple years.

Oh yeah- TSN loooooves mentioning Big Rig's last player drafted status. :lol:

Man oh man Ericsson is impressing me this series :)

Oh. Ok.

Lidstrom-Rafalski

CHELIOS-Fischer

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson

Sigh.

My bad.

LOL best and most effective comeback on this board in a while!

And hilarity did ensue.

Hey if cheli can play at 47 who is to say Vlad the impaler wouldn't still be playing!

After last night I am absolutely even more convinced that Ericcson is going to be one of the top defensemen in the league next year or the year before. He's playing with confidence, making huge plays (or breaking huge plays for the other team) and dominating when he's on the ice. He and Lidstrom are a perfect compliment.