• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bad Vlad Forever

Darren Helm//Merged

Rate this topic

Guy has been a complete beast this playoffs, as he was last playoff. Amazing speed, great hands, big hits, takeaways....the guy is in on almost every big play. I cannot say enough good things about his work ethic. Impressive as hell. Please use this thread to heap praise.

I wouldn't say he's a beast that's in on every big play, but he was one of the best forwards on the team tonight.

Helm is having an amazing post-season right now- the Wings couldn't possibly ask for more from him. Big hits, lots of speed, good defense, great face-offs, the occasional clutch goal... Yup, he's had a great post-season so far!

seriously, i went to game 3 and 6, watched the rest of the series on tv, and tv doesn't do him justice. he's laying down big hits and getting to loose pucks all the time. i'm just floored.

don't get me wrong, franzen has been huge and i still want a mule jersey, but #43 is making my decision very complicated

If there wasn't a thread about Helm when I got on here, I was going to start one. This kid is amazing, he works so hard every shift. His goal tonight was incredible, and after his missed breakaway attempts, that was great to see him finally light it up. I swear, once he can get the game to slow down for him while still being as fast as he tries to play now, we're going to see a lot less "Bambi on ice Helm" and a lot more "Pavel Bure Helm." Good stuff.

So who ends up losing a spot on the roster? There is no way they can send him down AGAIN after how he has done again in this year's playoffs.

I'm buying a 43 jersey saturday when i get paid haha

I wanna get a 43 jersey too. Debating on a 26 or 43.

But this kid is AWESOME. love watching him play. seems he has that same lil switch that the wings have come playoff time. Regular season he was there sure but not like he is now.

HELM FTW!!! :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

He's amazing.

Once his hands catch up to his speed, he's goiung to be unstoppable. We saw it in the Dub...see it now in the NHL.

*sigh*

MY baby is growing up.

That 2nd goal was clutch!!!

seriously, i went to game 3 and 6, watched the rest of the series on tv, and tv doesn't do him justice. he's laying down big hits and getting to loose pucks all the time. i'm just floored.

don't get me wrong, franzen has been huge and i still want a mule jersey, but #43 is making my decision very complicated

Guys- I'd definitely hold off on the jerseys until he's played more than a full season wearing #43.

I'm a hockey card 'tard, so I can tell you the majority of players recently have different jersey numbers now than they did as rookies. When new players come in they usually decide who gets to keep their number based on seniority within the league and respect for each player's accomplishments. Rookies have a tough time winning that argument :P

What do you guys think of the Draper comparison?

I actually think that the only thing those two have in common is their skating ability.

Seriously? Then I have a feeling you're going to be disappointed in Helm next year.

Helm is speedy, really strong on the draw, a great shutdown player, and provides energetic checking. He's suited to grinding it out on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Draper, in his prime was speedy, really strong on the draw, a great shutdown player, provided energetic checking and chipped pretty well offensively (good for 15 goals a year on average during his prime).

Draper had decent hands, Helm really doesn't. Even Babs said he won't score much at this level. When he does score it's with his speed, which is fine. Just don't expect Helm to be a 15 goal a year guy- the odds are really stacked against that.

So how isn't Helm the new Draper? Draper was a better scorer while Helm has more energy.

I wanna get a 43 jersey too.
I'm definitely getting a Helm jersey now (will he be keeping #43, what do you think?). Don't own a Wings jersey yet, but I'm gonna need one for the games in Stockholm. :D

I'm definitely getting a Helm jersey now (will he be keeping #43, what do you think?). Don't own a Wings jersey yet, but I'm gonna need one for the games in Stockholm. :D

Like I said- rookies are the most likely to change their number over time, either because someone more senior shows up and wants to keep their number they had on another team, or because the number they wore as a rookie wasn't their first choice and they waited it out until it became available.