• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RyanK

On the Chicago Boards

Rate this topic

Quote: "Well, that sounds healthy and well adjusted... "

lol, my thoughts exactly.

...and you guys are just passive fans.

on a side note, another thing they said on 97.1 to get things heated up was that back when they were deciding on time zones Michigan could have gone central or eastern and they chose eastern because they didn't want to have anything to do with chicago.. lol

Hawks has every right to be happy about being in the Conference Finals. They have a very solid, fast, and young team. They had an excellent year and turned it up a notch against other teams when trailing in thr 3rd.

x2

This young man, though I love his enthusiasim (spelling), really has a notch to start some wars today.

Here's another one I found really amusing.

So apparently even LOOSING to us makes them winners! We really do get in peoples heads and infect them with madness.

GO WINGS

Noone expected the Hawks to get this far, especially Hawk fans. We're pretty happy. I was happy winnign a round, this is just icing on the cake.

That said, the Hawks do have the ability to beat you. Don't think it'll happen, but it could.

You have to realize the culture in Chicago a bit, the Hawks weren't just BAD for a long time they were absolutely miserable. These past 2 seasons of hockey have been the most exciting thing for hockey fans since the early 90s.

I think the Hawk fans should be very proud. They have a good young team and I think that this is going to be a fun series to watch. While of course I want the Wings to walk all over them, Im pretty happy to see another original 6 team doing so well.

To every Blackhawks fan who thinks Ozzie sucks:

Khabibulin

.896 Save % (12th overall)

2.76 GAA (11th overall)

Osgood

.921 Save % (5th overall)

2.06 GAA (2nd overall)

NHL

Edited by Mike

I swear... Osgood is like the Keyser Soze of the NHL.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."

:lol: You totatally win the internet for a day. Nicely played good sir. :thumbup:

We have stupid fans. You have stupid fans. we all have stupid fans.

They love to come out to message boards. It's a great way to act like a complete jagoff with the wonderful vale of anonymity.

Let their fans bash Osgood and think they will "score tons" on him. They obviously haven't paid any sort of attention to how he's played so far. Eff them, seriously. They shall find out soon enough that he's playing well, and they'll be crying soon enough about how their team couldn't score enough on him.

That being said, they have some big guys that like to hit and go to the front of the net. As long as the Wings keep them away from Ozzie, and the refs don't allow him to be run over, that shouldn't be too much of a concern. Eager is the only one who likes to throw the cheap shots, so the guys will have to be aware of him on the ice. Khabibulin does not scare me in the least, and he doesn't like having guys in his face either. Homer, Mule and Cleary all have to get in his face and create havoc like they did against Hiller. If they play the way they did for the most part against the Ducks, they should get past the Hawks.

It will come down to how the Wings decide to play. If they're willing to keep getting the "dirty" goals and going to the net hard, then they will advance. If they settle for the shots from the outside, turn the puck over, and let the Hawks run over Ozzie, then it won't look so good for them. I have nothing but faith in this team, and will love nothing more than to see them take the Hawks out.

Noone expected the Hawks to get this far, especially Hawk fans. We're pretty happy. I was happy winnign a round, this is just icing on the cake.

That said, the Hawks do have the ability to beat you. Don't think it'll happen, but it could.

You have to realize the culture in Chicago a bit, the Hawks weren't just BAD for a long time they were absolutely miserable. These past 2 seasons of hockey have been the most exciting thing for hockey fans since the early 90s.

Look, I'm not saying you guys don't have any reason to be happy or proud of your team. I'm simply saying that in a playoff matchup, OUR fans have no business acknowledging that fact. lol. Did Columbus have something to be proud of? Sure. They made the playoffs for the first time. What made me sick was in a battle as epic as NHL playoffs, the opposing city shouldn't be sitting there feeling all lovey towards them. This is the closest thing we have to modern day gladiators. I view the playoff ice like the Roman Colosseum, and I am a blood thirsty patron of the carnage. You guys over in Chicago right now have a bead drawn on you and we should all be viewing you through our red cross hairs.. I do.

Guest MrSandMan

Of course their fans are going to be cocky, they finally made it to the playoffs. They sucked for a very, very long time... And they are still probably bitter about Detroit owning and embarrassing them during the season.

They feel good for beating Luongo, but do they realize that Luongo isn't a proven goalie when it matters? Osgood has so much experience and is just a beast in the Playoffs. Now they are facing a proven goalie with dominating defense.

I would be surprised if this series goes to six games. This might be a similar beat down like we did on the Blue Jackets.

Ducks was the team to beat in the '09 playoffs.... Now their cleaning out their lockers.

I would be surprised if this series goes to six games. This might be a similar beat down like we did on the Blue Jackets.

That's the spirit! Like your signature says, no mercy.

Look, I'm not saying you guys don't have any reason to be happy or proud of your team. I'm simply saying that in a playoff matchup, OUR fans have no business acknowledging that fact. lol. Did Columbus have something to be proud of? Sure. They made the playoffs for the first time. What made me sick was in a battle as epic as NHL playoffs, the opposing city shouldn't be sitting there feeling all lovey towards them. This is the closest thing we have to modern day gladiators. I view the playoff ice like the Roman Colosseum, and I am a blood thirsty patron of the carnage. You guys over in Chicago right now have a bead drawn on you and we should all be viewing you through our red cross hairs.. I do.

BELIEVE ME, despite the fact that I would say most Hawk fans are thrilled to be where we are, Hawk fans (like many around the NHL) absolutely hate Detroit and would love to rip you guys to pieces. So don't worry, it's not a love fest. I just happen to be a nice guy.

They love to come out to message boards. It's a great way to act like a complete jagoff with the wonderful vale of anonymity.

LOL! Dr.Gin now owns the internet for the day.

Great post!

It's a Hawks message board.. what did you expect? Did you think they were all going to be like "OMG, THE WINGS ARE GOING TO BEAT US. WE'RE DOOMED"?

I wouldn't worry about any of this just yet.

Guest MrSandMan

Congrats to your team making the playoffs bro. I know it must feel really good finally having something to root for, instead of more disappointment. Even if your team loses, you are still winners and should be competitive for more years to come.

I am looking forward to the Wings/Hawks WCF!!!

Congrats to your team making the playoffs bro. I know it must feel really good finally having something to root for, instead of more disappointment. Even if your team loses, you are still winners and should be competitive for more years to come.

I am looking forward to the Wings/Hawks WCF!!!

Seconded.

hahaha. I do kind of see what you are saying, though. Let's way til we have dispelled of the Hawks in 5-6 games before we start to acknowledge all of their accomplishments (of which they should definitely be proud). Right now, they are our opponent - an obstacle on our road to the repeat - that must be destroyed.

I like what I was hearing on 97.1 a little while ago. Everything chicago now sucks and isn't worth our acknowledgements. For instance, I love pizzapopslis style pizzas, you know, those deep ones with everything in the middle, those are called pizzapopalis style. Hotdogs loaded with toppings are now just "a detroit dog with everything".. lol. Buddy Guy's song is now Sweet Home Hamtramck.

This is what I'm talking about. Chicago can SUCK IT. You holier than thou people make me sick. This is what this time of year is all about as hockey fans, turning entire geographic sectors of North America against each other. Team vs team, fan vs fan. Take your soft asses over to tennis and golf. This is brutal.

Go over to Anahiem and Chicagos message boards and look at the comments about Detroit. From out s***ty cars to our unemployment rate, to our ghetto city abandoned skyscrapers. LOL! It's all good, they've got *** marriage and ugh.. obama.

>=)

I am ABSOLUTELY with you! (For starters, I'm a WI resident so we have learned that Packers fans HATE Da Bears and whatever else CHI has to offer) This is the NHL Playoffs. You either bring your best game or GO HOME! If you want ice dancing or figure skating, jump over to your ABC station.

How many other Wings fans got excited when Kronwall lit up ANYBODY in last years playoffs? It was awesome BECAUSE Kronner brought it. One of the best parts of the NHL is you can legally LEVEL another player!

What about the Wings/Avs rivalry? I don't know about you, but I HATED Colorado everytime the Wings played 'em. I have trouble respecting Roy as one of the best goaltenders of all time (even though I know he is). Lemieux hammering Drapes... The goalie fights... D-Mac going after Lemieux for payback... Forsberg is still a waste of space in my book. The 7-0 a$$-kickin' was SO satisfying I needed a cigarette after it.

All this being said, keep it clean and keep it on the ice. Don't be a ****** like Pronger or Avery. Do not intend to injure either. Yes, it happens, but do not intentionally go for injuries.

Correct Dr Gin. Now not sayin your one of those JOs but I don't seem to recognize your handle on any of the 5 major boards.