• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RyanK

On the Chicago Boards

Rate this topic

Dude, grow the fk up. This is a hockey discussion board, not a "holier than you" pissing contest.

Looky here... d u d e. I was not responding to your posts. My response was for RYAN. K.

Thought I'd bold it since it appears to be some disconnect in following posts/threads.

I gave your team and your fans respect in this thread,

Thanks. :clap:

but it's fans like you that make it hard to appreciate your team and success.

:(

You made the playoffs, you should be happy...

:lol:

not on an opposition teams forum insulting members.

:P

People like you really need to get a life.

I have one, thank you.

I think you just offended me. Does anyone here think this could be construed as an insult? Maybe I should make a poll.

Was I responding to your post/s? NO.

Edited by ChiGuySez

Didn't Chicago have a big ordeal with major fraud and embezzlement going on in their mayors and governors? Where's this poster's outrage with all that?

Classless breeds more classless; their entire city appears to be fraud.

Scandals occur at the National level, therefore all Americans are scandalous. :rolleyes:

Don't link our politicians to us, usually the only people voting for them are our dead relatives.

You're right about Chicago's depth. It is pretty worrisome.

My eyes will be focused on the way the Wings play against Jonathan Toews. I can't really explain it well but he seems like a real dark horse in this series with Kane getting all the flash.

Kane gets the spotlight but Toews is the heart and soul. He battled the flu against Vancouver but he'll be back with avengance come Sunday.

Seriously, that kid is and is going to be ridiculous.

Guest MrSandMan
It's the same in any city. Some people have class, others don't. You only need look 3-4 posts up to find one of your very classy Wing fans hoping Kane blows a knee out. Not classy in my book.

For the most part though you all seem nice enough. Same with Hawk fans. Most people are nice, some are jerks. The jerks are more noticeable.

That above post touched a very sensitive nerve with me. And it goes to show how classless the administration is to allow posts like that on their forums.

People in America are struggling and trying to survive. GM and Chrysler going down is affecting the world, not just Michigan, but the entire United States. Dealerships are dropping like flys, that loses community revenue in so many different aspects from employment to simple radio/tv advertisments... Dealerships have ALWAYS been big assets in communities for the good. This effects everyone.

And for a poster to say this stuff is as classless as a person making fun of a *** aides victim who is dying a horrible, slow, painful death...

I am appalled by what's going on in your forum right now, absolutely appalled and sicken by how evil and shameful human beings can be... this is just sickening! Shameful!

It's going to be ridiculous watching him with his head down get absolutely LEVELED by Kronwall. LEVELED. Did anyone over there oprah winfrey land notice how we handled Anahymens physical game? With brutallity, outhitting AND out scoring them. Don't think us the light footed euro bunch, you'll end up broken and bloodied. =D

Kane gets the spotlight but Toews is the heart and soul. He battled the flu against Vancouver but he'll be back with avengance come Sunday.

Seriously, that kid is and is going to be ridiculous.

Ridiculous... Yeah, I agree... Hopefully not this year though, haha. But yeah, I mean, I'd love him in a Red Wings jersey. Steve Yzerman was asked to name a player who plays a similar game and he immediately named Toews. That alone will make Red Wings fans respect him.

People in America are struggling and trying to survive. GM and Chrysler going down is affecting the world, not just Michigan, but the entire United States. Dealerships are dropping like flys, that loses community revenue in so many different aspects from employment to simple radio/tv advertisments... Dealerships have ALWAYS been big assets in communities for the good. This effects everyone.

Precisely what got me going this morning Sandman. I woke up this morning, a weekday, wishing I could pack my lunch and head into the electrical assembly area of my shop, a GM supplier, but this didn't happen. I am laid off. Instead I decide to go poke around our next rivals forums, and I read this putrid garbage that this scumbag posted and was infuriated. I want the wings to absolutely destroy this team mentally, physically, and do it HARD. I was listening to 97.1 and they were passing on the news about more dealerships, 1200 more. They said you know what, at least we've got our hockey to take our minds off of the pain that is being a Michigander in these tough times. They're right. We took this filth from anahiem too, rich boys out in LA ripping on us for our misfortunes. How low can you get? It's exactly like you said about a dying aids patient. It's like saying HAHA maybe you shouldn't have been a ******! AIDS cures fags! It's wrong, disgusting, and in the worst tastes imaginable. For this I want the blackhawks team to pay dearly on the ice for the actions of their fans.

Wow, i actually checked out a few of their boards.

Ive never seen so many ignorant people post about hockey.

I don't understand.

4 cups in 11 years.

And somehow they still think the wings will go down in 4-5 games?

To this inexperienced baby faced team?

I don't understand some people.

I don't understand.

4 cups in 11 years.

Go look at the Columbus boards, they did the same thing. "We're younger, faster, better.. BJ's in 4!"

They had some more respect over there though, chicago hates us as much as I hate them.

So I like many Wings fans am beaming with confidence right now, and my brother claims I am over confident and underestimating the Hawks.

Campbell +5

Keith +4

Seabrook +3

Hjalmarsson 0

Barker -1

Walker -4

This is where my confidence comes from.

Lidstrom +11

Stuart +6

Kronwall +5

Rafalski +3

Ericsson +3

Lebda +2

Our defense is better. Period end of sentence. After facing Pronger-Neidermeyer-Wisniewski last round this defence will be much easier on our offense.

I don't understand.

4 cups in 11 years.

Almost everybody thinks their team will win before a series starts, why is this surprising? It doesn't make them ignorant, it makes them fans.

It's partially just the overwhelming desire to win that makes them think they're going to win.

And you know what, you guys are mighty cocky as well. Don't underestimate the Hawks.

I saw that too what they said about our economy. It's really disgusting that people actually think like this. And if any Blackhawks players knew about this, I would like to think that they would be embarassed and appalled that their fans represented them in that way.

Guest MrSandMan
I saw that too what they said about our economy. It's really disgusting that people actually think like this. And if any Blackhawks players knew about this, I would like to think that they would be embarassed and appalled that their fans represented them in that way.

I know, right. It's just puzzling how they think it's perfectly fair game and humorous to attack the 100,000s of thousands of struggling families in the U.S. all impacted by the economical downturn. Yet, Red Wings fans are more graceful by not stooping to their level; not making personal attacks against their corrupted city. And I commend the Administration of LGWs to having the balls to delete such threads if *someone* did stoop down to the spineless, disgraceful action as some Chicago Hawks fans do on their boards. That speaks volumes about dignity, or lack thereof, from the top down in Chicago.

It was interesting when the one Hawks fan got all defensive when I used their "corrupted city" as an example of how they are in no position to act as if they are "holier than thou".

They are ones to talk, but Detroit Red Wings fans wish to talk about hockey, not talk about city misfortunes or scandals. It's just saddening and disheartening that a human being can go so low as some of the Hawks fans displayed on their message board. Absolutely disgraceful!

Stay classy, Chicago.

Edited by MrSandMan

I know, right. It's just puzzling how they think it's perfectly fair game and humorous to attack the 100,000s of thousands of struggling families in the U.S. all impacted by the economical downturn. Yet, Red Wings fans are more graceful by not stooping to their level; not making personal attacks against their corrupted city. And I commend the Administration of LGWs to having the balls to delete such threads if *someone* did stoop down to the spineless, disgraceful action as some Chicago Hawks fans do on their boards. That speaks volumes about dignity, or lack thereof, from the top down.

It was interesting when the one Hawks fan got all defensive when I used their "corrupted city" as an example of how

They are ones to talk, but Detroit Red Wings fans wish to talk about hockey, not talk about city misfortunes or scandals. It's just saddening and disheartening that a human being can go so low as some of the Hawks fans displayed. Absolutely disgraceful!

Stay classy, Chicago.

Give me a break on that.... I'm sure at some point a Wings fan has already said or at some point in this city will say something about the city of Chicago or it's fans. You're the one currently lumping all Chicago fans together based on one thing some dumb idiot said on an internet message board. Not to mention you've already cracked about our political corruption twice... what does that have to do with hockey?

Like I said before, there are some dumbass fans of every sport every where. You can't reasonably say one teams fans are "less classy" than anothers, and you absolutely can't generalize an entire fan base on because of some idiot.

they are in no position to act as if they are "holier than thou".

Neither are you sir.

Of course the obligatory:

I swear... Osgood is like the Keyser Soze of the NHL.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."

"He'll Filp you"

"What?"

"He'll Filp you...He'll Filp you for real."

You're either very young or very dumb. My money is on very young.

My money is on both. As a hockey fan, a fan of the game not just one team, there is nothing wrong with recognizing talent on other teams.

Guest MrSandMan
Give me a break on that.... I'm sure at some point a Wings fan has already said or at some point in this city will say something about the city of Chicago or it's fans. You're the one currently lumping all Chicago fans together based on one thing some dumb idiot said on an internet message board. Not to mention you've already cracked about our political corruption twice... what does that have to do with hockey?

Like I said before, there are some dumbass fans of every sport every where. You can't reasonably say one teams fans are "less classy" than anothers, and you absolutely can't generalize an entire fan base on because of some idiot.

Neither are you sir.

Point being is that the Administration is allowing such behavior on your message board, and other fans are posting in it with happiness and delight = Classless.

If anyone on LGWs tried making a thread just to attack your city, it'd be deleted quicker than you can say "banned".

That my friend, is the difference between classy and classless.

Whoa. I'm what you call a hockey fan. This means I dont feel like I have to slobber and drool over other teams and "give them their proper dues". Only MY team. F everyone else. If you want to have a chicago blackhawks lovefest go join their boards, I'm sure they'll be happy to hear "wings fans" talk about how great they are and how great it is to see such a young and talented team doing well in the playoffs. That whole line of thought went out the window last night at about 9:40 when they became our next target.

F the blackhawks.. I hope they go down in FLAMES (and by that of course I mean I hope we sweep them and make their fans cry)

What are you 12?

Point being is that the Administration is allowing such behavior on your message board, and other fans are posting in it with happiness and delight = Classless.

If anyone on LGWs tried making a thread just to attack your city, it'd be deleted quicker than you can say "banned".

So now all of us fans are classless because a message board administrator doesn't delete a bad thread? So you're now generalizing all of us based on... let's count it out... one major idiot, several idiots who may find humor in major idiot, and a message board administrator who may not have even seen the thread yet and even if he has decided it wasn't worth his time.

The classless argument is so stupid. Hawks fans say the same garbage about you, they said it about Vancouver andCalgary. Vancouver and Calgary said it about us.

Everyone calls everyone classless all the time and they're all wrong. You have classy and not classy fans of EVERY TEAM.

Guest MrSandMan
So now all of us fans are classless because a message board administrator doesn't delete a bad thread? So you're now generalizing all of us based on... let's count it out... one major idiot, several idiots who may find humor in major idiot, and a message board administrator who may not have even seen the thread yet and even if he has decided it wasn't worth his time.

The classless argument is so stupid. Hawks fans say the same garbage about you, they said it about Vancouver andCalgary. Vancouver and Calgary said it about us.

Everyone calls everyone classless all the time and they're all wrong. You have classy and not classy fans of EVERY TEAM.

I am glad that you admit that they are classless idiots. I am glad that you admit their administrators are classless idiots for allowing such behavior.

I think LGW admin and mods deserve a great amount of credit and appreciation for not allowing such behavior on these boards. They have always been very good at keeping this board clean, on track with a good hockey atmosphere. Maybe I am expecting too much from Chicago's boards...

You would just think that the administration on that board would want to promote a little dignity and gracefulness for their teams sake... of course, I could be wrong. I just don't get the mentality, I guess.

Edited by MrSandMan

Hawks fan here.

Dude in case you missed the newsflash, the Chicago economy is pretty darn awful right now too. No it's not to the point of Detroit's, but it certainly is worse than everyone I know has ever seen it. At my work 23 of 55 employees have been laid off since January and the rest of us that remain just took a 10% paycut in addition to shortened hours.

We are all feeling the effects of the economy, and I can guarantee you that the poster you all are outraged at is either 1) Feeling the effects himself and not letting on or 2) Just a kid who doesn't know anything about life beyond asking his parents for money.

Don't let silly crap like that bother you. It's not worth the effort and in the end it's probably a pimple faced 14 year old that has you riled up.

Good luck in the series. I haven't looked forward to a series this much since the 92 cup finals against the Penguins.

I know, right. It's just puzzling how they think it's perfectly fair game and humorous to attack the 100,000s of thousands of struggling families in the U.S. all impacted by the economical downturn.

<_< There are more families effected by the american economic crisis than that. In Canada our dollar was worth more than yours before the economic s***storm happened. Hell, it's not just the dollar that's hurting here- the entire province of Ontario is as intertwined with the big 3 as you guys are! The auto industry employed TONS of Canadians in Ontario. Tons.

Moving outside NA, everyone's been hit by this. Fricking Iceland went bankrupt because of it. A country went bankrupt!

I'm just saying- this isn't about the US economy- this is about the WORLD economy.