• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Hossa

Rate this topic

He isn't scoring and that is a problem, but it's not a huge problem when you consider he is an even plus/minus. I'm pleased with the fact that even though he is not scoring, he is keeping the opponent off the score sheet.

The Datsyuk line has faced the Pahlsson line this series.. and the Marchant line in Anahiem. Both teams, "shut down lines".

They're not playing head to head against the Getzlaf's, Nash's or Kane's.

Nope just a victim of a rabid fan base so obsessed with country of origin instead of performance. The same fans that overrate one player and belittle another.

Case in point.. Nick Lidstrom. Guy apparently doesn't make mistakes, even though Getzlaf walked all over him all series long. If he has a give away, no one sees it, if he gets out muscled in front of the net its because the refs aren't calling anything.

The same fan base that said Lidstrom should have been league MVP since 1997? You know, better than Gretzky, Howe or Orr, the great Nick Lidstrom.

While Chris Osgood plays his balls off and gets no respect. Datsyuk leads the team year in and year out, is just as consistent as Lidstrom and still plays second fiddle to Zetterberg.

Its Yzerman/Fedorov all over again, except this time its Lidstrom/Zetterberg vs Datsyuk.. the greedy Russian.

Even though Lidstrom made around $70 million since the year 2000.. and "The Captain" was pulling in $6-$8 million as a third line defensive center.

Fedorov was compensated fairly and so is Datsyuk. It just so happens that Zetterberg signed a terrible deal a few years back, so the fan base thinks that he is god.

I think what's obvious here is your anti-Swede bias, making you more concerned with country of origin, than anyone who has defended Hossa (isn't that the subject of this thread?). For anyone who claims to be a wings fan to take potshots at Lidstrom is unreal. It's widely acknowledged (by the whole hockey world...not just wings fans) of his place in the annals of hockey lore, so I'll not stoop to even having to defend him. You should be ashamed to call youself a Wings fan.

Yes and it makes just as much sense to lump Datsyuk in with Hossa, as you have done countless times...

Datsyuk is working his tail off, while Hossa floats around and Holmstrom plays his game.

Datsyuk scored 97 points in the regular season and is up for the Pearson/Hart/Selke

Hossa scored 71 points and is up for.......? A new contract on a different team.

Im sick of seeing "Datsyuk and Hossa need to step up".

Datsyuk has, if anything, feel free to throw Zetterberg's name into the mix also. The empty net king has been pretty "Ghostly" in most games and all season.

You make valid points, but your demeanor is so far off it's turning everyone against you. Learn to interact with people and more will get accomplished. We aren't the most knowledgeable fanbase because we bully other fan bases or are the most condescending, we are the best because we supply facts and put our bias at the door when it comes to looking at our players and team. Just some words of wisdom since I can see you're new here and seem to be lacking in the ability to interact with people in a productive manner.

Edited by Konnan511

The Datsyuk line has faced the Pahlsson line this series.. and the Marchant line in Anahiem. Both teams, "shut down lines".

They're not playing head to head against the Getzlaf's, Nash's or Kane's.

You're suffering from Eastern conference syndrome right now. Offense isn't everything. It is equally important to keep your opponent off the score sheet as it is to be on it.

You're suffering from Eastern conference syndrome right now. Offense isn't everything. It is equally important to keep your opponent off the score sheet as it is to be on it.

You're missing the point, Datsyuk and Hossa face the other team's SHUTDOWN line, a line not needed for offense. You see, outside of Detroit, teams that don't roll four lines have this thing, its called a checking line or a shutdown line. Todd Marchant, Sami Pahlsson, and Mike Peca all have this role. Their role isn't to score goals, its to prevent the other team's top line from scoring goals.

These lines often play with the teams top defensive pairing, whether it be Neidermeyer-Pronger or Keith-Seabroke.

Point being, since Dats and Hossa face this matchup 99% of the time, they're really not shutting down anything, unless they're on the PK.

Babcock likes to role four lines and Zetterberg's line has faced the Kane-Toews line and the Getzlaf-Perry line.

Flip-Hudler-Sammy face the second line of Chicago, which is the Havlat line and they did the same against the Selanne line.

You see, the Datsyuk line is getting shut down but they aren't shutting down the other teams top players either.

You're missing the point, Datsyuk and Hossa face the other team's SHUTDOWN line, a line not needed for offense. You see, outside of Detroit, teams that don't roll four lines have this thing, its called a checking line or a shutdown line. Todd Marchant, Sami Pahlsson, and Mike Peca all have this role. Their role isn't to score goals, its to prevent the other team's top line from scoring goals.

These lines often play with the teams top defensive pairing, whether it be Neidermeyer-Pronger or Keith-Seabroke.

Point being, since Dats and Hossa face this matchup 99% of the time, they're really not shutting down anything, unless they're on the PK.

Babcock likes to role four lines and Zetterberg's line has faced the Kane-Toews line and the Getzlaf-Perry line.

Flip-Hudler-Sammy face the second line of Chicago, which is the Havlat line and they did the same against the Selanne line.

You see, the Datsyuk line is getting shut down but they aren't shutting down the other teams top players either.

Ah, nothing like a little condescending overstatement of the obvious.

Sorry I stopped reading after this dandy. Remember that thing I said about condescending, doesn't fly with me. You might get away with it with teenagers, but not me. We're done trying to have an intellectual conversation.

Sorry I stopped reading after this dandy. Remember that thing I said about condescending, doesn't fly with me. You might get away with it with teenagers, but not me. We're done trying to have an intellectual conversation.

"You're suffering from Eastern conference syndrome right now"

I see... its fine when you do it but when I actually make a great point you "Stopped reading".

You guys claim to be hockey experts, refuting each other's points but the second I make a good point you belittle it because of the way I deliver it.

If I spell things out in simple terms, for everyone to understand, im condescending.

You really think so? Wouldn't the Datsyuk signing defy that logic? He was a playoff ghost and was being run out of town on these boards, too.

I was really just comparing the Hossa/Mule who to sign issue this board kicked around the last few months. I really do think Holland chose correctly as mule is the real deal. Datsyuk had his issues but signed for less than fair market value IMO. Hossa is a rental that people are trying to convince themselves we can keep longterm and his lack of performance in this playoff period has done nothing but help us both see the value in our supporting cast and perhaps show Hossa he's not as valuable as he may think. My point was his lack of productivity either helps us keep the support talent that is shining or barter a better deal to keep Hossa longterm under a more friendly cap deal to us. If Holland had signed hossa longterm and Mule was blowing in the free agent wind I'm sure people would be clamoring for us to get Mule under contract somehow and pissed at Hossa for lack of production.

Nope just a victim of a rabid fan base so obsessed with country of origin instead of performance. The same fans that overrate one player and belittle another.

Case in point.. Nick Lidstrom. Guy apparently doesn't make mistakes, even though Getzlaf walked all over him all series long. If he has a give away, no one sees it, if he gets out muscled in front of the net its because the refs aren't calling anything.

The same fan base that said Lidstrom should have been league MVP since 1997? You know, better than Gretzky, Howe or Orr, the great Nick Lidstrom.

While Chris Osgood plays his balls off and gets no respect. Datsyuk leads the team year in and year out, is just as consistent as Lidstrom and still plays second fiddle to Zetterberg.

Its Yzerman/Fedorov all over again, except this time its Lidstrom/Zetterberg vs Datsyuk.. the greedy Russian.

Even though Lidstrom made around $70 million since the year 2000.. and "The Captain" was pulling in $6-$8 million as a third line defensive center.

Fedorov was compensated fairly and so is Datsyuk. It just so happens that Zetterberg signed a terrible deal a few years back, so the fan base thinks that he is god.

So you're a fan of a team that the Swedes beat in the Olympics?

He's still playing well defensively. Anyone with ANY common sense knew that the goals would come. Unfortunately, there isn't a ton of that around here.

he played so much better today than he has the rest of the playoffs, you're saying the only difference in his game today was the 2 goals? because that's wrong

Hossa was a force.

But, sadly, the Hoss-hate will continue. I've no doubt.

hoss-hate? dude..... you guys are so lost :blink:

you don't have to hate a player to be able to recognize he's not playing to his potential... hossa has been an OK player in the playoffs before this game, but the concern is that he's not an OK player he's a star player signed for 7.5 million dollars, the most on our team... today he was an all star player

it's good he came to play today, let's hope he continues playing the same way and no doubt the production will keep coming... it's a message board guys, it's ok to point out flaws in our own team's players, there feelings won't be hurt

he played so much better today than he has the rest of the playoffs, you're saying the only difference in his game today was the 2 goals? because that's wrong

That's exactly what I'm saying. He's driven to the net in all of the rest of the games, just like he did today. He played the same defensively in the rest of the games as he did today. The difference IS that he scored two goals. If you keep playing well, you're going to get rewarded eventually; it was only a matter of time.