• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike

Blackhawks' Brian Campbell: "Gutless"

Rate this topic

"Absolutely FANTASTIC!" to see Babcock defending Kronwall like he did in today's presser.

http://redwings.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?ca...-6&id=42524

Holy Hell, Babs is awesome! I think he had a lot more to say on the issue, but didn't want to deal with the retribution from the league. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to say what you mean instead of having to spin it into an acceptable answer?

I agree. Campbell is a class guy who would NEVER hit someone with their head down and the puck not on their stick.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw what he said! Hello pot, meet the kettle!

For instance, Dustin Byfuglien coming in and running Kronwall after his (at that time still) legal check...

He got 2 minutes. Unfortunately, it was nullified because the guy who jumped Franzen in the ensuing scrum didn't get a penalty, but Johan did for fighting back. :rolleyes: Classic Dan O'Halloran stuff right there.

It was LEGAL.

zapruder.jpg

to play devil's advocate, the NHL rules on interference say that the player must touch the puck, not that he just has to be really close to it.

havlat didn't touch the puck in any of the replays i have seen.

campbell's comments are still garbage. kronwall didn't jump or use his elbow or headhunt or anything. but the puck being 1.5 inches from

havlat doesn't mean it isn't interference. you must touch the puck. here is the rule:

---

Possession of the Puck:

The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession.

---

What do NHL players know about guts anyway?

Fighting racism and religeous persecution takes some guts.

Facing the world everyday when you know you about to lose you livlihood, thats guts.

Running into enemy fire to retrieve a fallen comrad, that takes some gut.

Raising a handicapped child, that takes guts.

Overcoming cancer, that takes guts.

Rolling into a 1%'r bar on a honda with your police hat on, yeah that takes guts.

Banging a hooker in TJ, guts.

Making crazy sums of money for playing a sport, then picking your spot to pop off at the mouth? How does that take guts?

Seriously these guys are a bunch of clowns who should never say anything about having guts.

Holy Hell, Babs is awesome! I think he had a lot more to say on the issue, but didn't want to deal with the retribution from the league. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to say what you mean instead of having to spin it into an acceptable answer?

I absolutely LOVE this coach. He gets his point across without sounding like a crybaby like the other teams. I absolutely love it.

Hey, anyone know what the release or 'memo' was that the NHL proportedly released according to babcock? Sounds like in the presser he wanted to 'let it out of the bag' that the NHL released something that the media hadn't gotten wind of yet.

to play devil's advocate, the NHL rules on interference say that the player must touch the puck, not that he just has to be really close to it.

havlat didn't touch the puck in any of the replays i have seen.

campbell's comments are still garbage. kronwall didn't jump or use his elbow or headhunt or anything. but the puck being 1.5 inches from

havlat doesn't mean it isn't interference. you must touch the puck. here is the rule:

---

Possession of the Puck:

The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession.

---

Interesting, because sometimes the refs blow a delayed penalty call dead when the player starts to 'skate' with the puck without touching it.

What do NHL players know about guts anyway?

Fighting racism and religeous persecution takes some guts.

Facing the world everyday when you know you about to lose you livlihood, thats guts.

Running into enemy fire to retrieve a fallen comrad, that takes some gut.

Raising a handicapped child, that takes guts.

Overcoming cancer, that takes guts.

Rolling into a 1%'r bar on a honda with your police hat on, yeah that takes guts.

Banging a hooker in TJ, guts.

Making crazy sums of money for playing a sport, then picking your spot to pop off at the mouth? How does that take guts?

Seriously these guys are a bunch of clowns who should never say anything about having guts.

More people have died playing NHL hockey than a few of those things you mentioned.....just sayin'.

Anyway, props to those who posted the youtubage proving that Campbell and the Hawks are idiots.

As far as this memo goes, I read a statement from Stephen Walkom talking about how how Havlat hadn't touched the puck, etc., and he's sure that's how his officials saw it...blaw blaw blaw, yada yada yada...these guys can do no wrong...Walkom also thought O'Hallaran's interference call on Holmstrom for having his stick in the crease was "a GREAT call!" and was proud that his officials are sharp enough to catch it in real time, etc...ugh.

More people have died playing NHL hockey than a few of those things you mentioned.....just sayin'.

Anyway, props to those who posted the youtubage proving that Campbell and the Hawks are idiots.

only one player has ever died in an NHL game.

Does that make what I said any less true?

(Helpful hint: No.)

whoa, whoa...i didn't mean anything by it. i was just pointing out that in over 80 years of the league only one player

has died during a game. pretty amazing stat for such a physical sport. i wasn't attacking the post.

What does death have to do with guts? Just wondering. Dying is easy. Living is the hard part sometimes.

this is well done but the 1.5 inches thing does not make it legal.

So you're saying that players can act like they're going to play the puck, guard it between their feet, and as long as they don't touch it they are immune to any contact?

If that's the case then I need to find another sport.

whoa, whoa...i didn't mean anything by it. i was just pointing out that in over 80 years of the league only one player

has died during a game. pretty amazing stat for such a physical sport. i wasn't attacking the post.

Especially considering that dozens of curlers have died in that time.