• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Coffey77

Greetings from Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

ok so now that chicago is playing with Huet they are still considered a good team? please. they are a crummy team without Khabibulin and you people know it. stop trying to act like the wings did a great thing by sweeping columbus and thrashing the hawks who are essentially playing without a goalie.

I actuyally side with you on this one. I think Chicago has been our easiest opponent. What made Columbus tougher was we knew they were going to be scrappy. Chicago I expected more wide open play and less defense on their part. With Khabi out, that makes them even worse.

The Hawks weren't even that good with Khabibulin. He had a .896 GAA going into this series, which was among the lowest of the remaining goalies. Steve Mason had a better GAA than Khabibulin and he was eliminated in the first round. The Hawks were able to win because they got a lot of scoring from their forwards. This round, the Detroit defense has shut down the Hawks forwards, which has resulted in a 3-1 series lead for the Wings. Also, the Wings have not lost a game this playoffs by more than a goal. I think that also speaks volumes to how good the Wings' defense is. Also, the Wings won Game #4, allowing only 1 goal while missing their best defenseman. You can downplay the strength of the opponents the Wings have faced to make yourself feel better, but no one is buying it.

The Penguins, on the other hand, took 7 games to beat a Capitals team that had no defensive strength and limited scoring depth. You might be feeling all fine and dandy from sweeping the Hurricanes, but the Hurricanes were just as weak as the Blue Jackets. If it were not for Cam Ward, the Canes would not have made the playoffs and if they did, would have been a first round exit.

i can't understand you. you first say that the hawks are bad without khabibulin then go on to say that i am the one downplaying the wings' opponents to make myself feel better. yeah makes plenty of sense.

the hawks beat you a number of times during the regular season, so they are pretty good with Khabibulin. if it weren't for the OT game (game 2), the series could be tied right now. the wings played 4 games in this series and only outplayed the hawks in 2. and the caps are decent team with a highly prolific offense. caps-pens games are tough, and varlamov came and played on his head. if it weren't for him, the series would have been over in 5 or 6. the caps defense is not that bad - they have mike greene who is a norris candidate. and we took care of a carolina team who beat a good devils and bruins team.[/

Edited by sidthekid

i can't understand you. you first say that the hawks are bad without khabibulin then go on to say that i am the one downplaying the wings' opponents to make myself feel better. yeah makes plenty of sense.

the hawks beat you a number of times during the regular season, so they are pretty good with Khabibulin. if it weren't for the OT game (game 2), the series could be tied right now. the wings played 4 games in this series and only outplayed the hawks in 2. and the caps are decent team with a highly prolific offense. caps-pens games are tough, and varlamov came and played on his head. if it weren't for him, the series would have been over in 5 or 6. the caps defense is not that bad - they have mike greene who is a norris candidate. and we took care of a carolina team who beat a good devils and bruins team.

please. the hawks beat you a number of times during the regular season, so they are pretty good with Khabibulin.

Actually they only beat us when we were already slacking in preparation for the playoffs. The four games played before the last week of the regular season were all ours.

the hawks beat you a number of times during the regular season, so they are pretty good with Khabibulin. if it weren't for the OT game (game 2), the series could be tied right now. the wings played 4 games in this series and only outplayed the hawks in 2. and the caps are decent team with a highly prolific offense. caps-pens games are tough, and varlamov came and played on his head. if it weren't for him, the series would have been over in 5 or 6. the caps defense is not that bad - they have mike greene who is a norris candidate. and we took care of a carolina team who beat a good devils and bruins team.

Greene is absolutely horrible defensively- you guys saw that. He's a turn-over machine. Given that Greene's style thrives on him being given space and time to make the play without physical contact. Throw him in the playoffs and he's s***. He was, what, minus 400 against you guys? I think I saw Sidney hand him the puck, steal it back and laugh at him, just 'cause Sid felt like making him sad.

Yeah, you're right... I don't need to go around apologizing for everyone who acts bad. I guess I kinda jumped on him there.

What's more interesting is that your avatar depicts Cthulhu grabbing Lord Stanley!

collins-crazy-scaled.jpg

I thought it had a Davey Jones Feel myself but good call

3570908239_b232924349_m.jpg

dont mistake Sticking up for the little guy is A-OK in my book,

No hard feelings GO WINGS

Also...like i previously stated....Crosby doesnt care if you guys thinks he is a whiner. He has been nothing but classy the entire playoffs. Hasnt complained ONCE. Hasn't done anything but be a class act.

ORLY?

*ahem*

"WAAAAAAAAAH! THEY'RE THROWING TOO MANY HATS!!! MAKE 'EM STOP!!!"

Also...i would like to point out this is your last year as true Stanley Cup contenders. Hahaha that's gotta hurt!

Yeah, we've heard that for the past decade. While winning two Cups in that timespan. Try again.

Are you his DAD???

Dont apologize for anyone elses behavior. Its up to him.

This is not YOUR house...it is all of ours as fans Ive been a rude brash dork a few times and got dealt with for

my words...Let the mods deal with it...

just sayin'

It's not about being a role model or authority figure, it's about offering the olive branch, but when some people abuse their Red Wing "fanitude", it does come off and make us look bad if no one stands up to him/her. Passive prejudice (sitting back doing nothing while prejudices are being had) is just as bad as active prejudice (actually doing the deed).

But like you said, it is OUR house and I don't want other fanbases to feel like they are up against the wall when they join, know what I mean?

It's not about being a role model or authority figure, it's about offering the olive branch, but when some people abuse their Red Wing "fanitude", it does come off and make us look bad if no one stands up to him/her. Passive prejudice (sitting back doing nothing while prejudices are being had) is just as bad as active prejudice (actually doing the deed).

But like you said, it is OUR house and I don't want other fanbases to feel like they are up against the wall when they join, know what I mean?

yeah keep reading!!!!! theres more to that little exchange.....

unless your name is dtfan14 or whatever it is Id say your image is safe...

Do i agree with guys Blasting others? I did at one point... I got suspended for it too....

All im saying is there is a "report" feature.....

Just read all the posts Ive made mypoints inthose Im not gonna go through it again

Before the season, I saw no reason to belive the Pens could beat the Wings in a 7 game series.

As well as the Pens had played since the trade deadline, I still saw no reason the Pens could beat the Wings when the playoffs started.

As Hossa and Dats continued to fail to show through the early rounds, and the injurys started to mount, while the Pens continued to play well and Crosby brought his game to a new level, I began to think they have a shot at it.

But just a shot.

The Wings are a great team. You can talk about goal differential, the D, the depth, or whatever... the Wings play as a team. Every player supports every other player on the ice. What makes their D great is players like Dats, and Zetterberg back checking like the game is on the line with every shift. What makes their scoring depth come through is a defense they can count on to be in position win the puck battles to spring them for the opportunities they get. The Penguins are beginning to bring some of these traits into their game as well, those that have been watching 'to observe' instead of 'to confirm' can see it. They got their best lessons in what it takes about this time last year.

Can the Pens win this series? Yes they can.

Can the Wings win this series? You betcha.

Here's hoping we end up with a couple weeks of great hockey to remember, and can ignore the idiots on both sides who bring nothing good to the party.

Now go beat those Hawks and lets get this thing started.

I can't wait a week and a half.

I didn't say anything about Talbot's goal. That was a quality goal. But you can't tell me that the goal that put the Pens at 2-1 wasn't a fluke. It was just as flukey as the goal that put the Canes at 1-0. If you consider those "quality" goals, I don't know what to tell you.

There's fluke goals in every game. The Wings have had plenty of them, as have every other team in the league. It's part of hockey. However, I'm judging the Pens on their skill - not their flukes.. so I took away one of the four goals. That seems pretty fair to me. Of the remaining three, two were assisted by Crosby. That leaves one quality goal that didn't involve Malkin or Crosby in any way.

Carolina's game left a lot to be desired. Their turnovers and poor passing were enough to tell me they had no chance in this series. They did nothing to shut down anybody on the Penguins. Nothing. And the Pens took full advantage of that. The only thing they were good at was holding the puck in the Pens zone for extended periods of time. But they had nobody in front of Fleury. They made risky passes through the lanes. They just weren't ready for the

I'm not saying this out of "wishful thinking". I'm saying this because it's true. You have two star players and a whole lot of fill-ins. Without Crosby and Malkin producing the way they are, the Penguins are hurt. Compare Pittsburgh's secondary scoring to Detroit's. Detroit's depth outranks and outmatches Pittsburgh's by a mile and a half.

And yes, you can go on about Jordan Staal all you want. He's an excellent player, but he needs to up his game another level when he gets to Detroit.

Pens have 65 goals in the playoffs 33 of them are Crosby, Malkin or Guerin THATS 50.8%!!

OUCH!

Before the season, I saw no reason to belive the Pens could beat the Wings in a 7 game series.

As well as the Pens had played since the trade deadline, I still saw no reason the Pens could beat the Wings when the playoffs started.

As Hossa and Dats continued to fail to show through the early rounds, and the injurys started to mount, while the Pens continued to play well and Crosby brought his game to a new level, I began to think they have a shot at it.

But just a shot.

The Wings are a great team. You can talk about goal differential, the D, the depth, or whatever... the Wings play as a team. Every player supports every other player on the ice. What makes their D great is players like Dats, and Zetterberg back checking like the game is on the line with every shift. What makes their scoring depth come through is a defense they can count on to be in position win the puck battles to spring them for the opportunities they get. The Penguins are beginning to bring some of these traits into their game as well, those that have been watching 'to observe' instead of 'to confirm' can see it. They got their best lessons in what it takes about this time last year.

Can the Pens win this series? Yes they can.

Can the Wings win this series? You betcha.

Here's hoping we end up with a couple weeks of great hockey to remember, and can ignore the idiots on both sides who bring nothing good to the party.

Now go beat those Hawks and lets get this thing started.

I can't wait a week and a half.

Great post. I can't make a single argument with that you're saying even though it's from a Pens fan's point of view.

In other news, man oh man, I hope Crosby forgets how to score over the next few days. :blink:

It's scary, eh? Those two f***ers have 28 pts each through 3 rounds. WTF?

Scary good. From a Pens fans perspective. ;) I have a feeling the points will be harder to come by in the next round though. The thing I'm liking even more though is their signs of maturing. Crosby is chasing a post season goal record, and he gave an empty netter away to Craig Adams in the waning moments of the Carolina series last night, think you'd ever see Ovie do that? And Malkin has been blocking shots and back checking harder as the rounds go by. What I don't like to see is Hossa waking up lately.