• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Psychlone

Promise me this Wings Fans

Rate this topic

If, and I realize that's a big if, the Penguins win this series, give them some credit, admit you were wrong about them, and don't make any excuses. I don't want to hear about how so and so was not 100%, the refs screwed us, the schedule screwed us blah blah blah.

If the Wings are as big and bad as you think they are and to this point I have no reason to believe otherwise, they should be able to overcome any of the above obstacles to defeat what you say is a much weaker Eastern Conference team that hasn't played anyone, has a crappy defense, has Crosby and Malkin and nobody else, blah blah blah.

As classy as the Wings organization is, I hope that their fans will be equally classy in defeat. Show us why you're better than Flyers, Capitals, and Canes fans if the Penguins win.

If the Wings win, I promise to do the same.

I'll think about it but I'm not promising anything. I wouldn't blame a loss on injuries because that is part of the game and good teams are able to overcome that. If we're out played I will give you kudos but I reserve the right to complain if the games aren't called fairly. Most of the time bad calls even themselves out but not always and we shall see if this is the case. Either way, this is all moot because Sidney already raised your trophy for the year.

We have more injuries but that's what happens when you put an older team on the ice. Having a veteran team has good and bad points. In the end I think that the Wing's experience is going to be what helps them win, but it's a gamble. Both teams have almost the same rest before the last series, and both have to play consecutive nights. I'm happy they're in Detroit for those first two!

Oh I'm not complaining or saying that it isn't fair because we have an older team, I'm just saying that it will affect the Wings more. Also, the break was very different for the two teams even though it was just one day difference, three days instead of two is 50% more time and a big help, I mean the back to back games is bad but if they scheduled it normally there would just be one day but it is an important day.

jesus pens fans have NO self esteem do they. You literally have to come onto another team's board and politely ask them to congratulate you for something have not yet accomplished? LGW is going to the dogs because of all of these pathetic pens fans. seriously, go back to your own board.

Not one Pens fan wanted to discuss how they'd feel if Crosby or Malkin, their best face off man (selke winner), and Defensman-Defensman (top PK'r and shot blocker) were ALL out of their lineup with injuries... funny how they wish to avoid that scenario at all costs. But we're just expected to not 'mention' the fact that Detroit has some key injuries right now?

Man I hope KronWALL knocks Crosby the f*** out of the series!!! Then we can see the PENS FANS whine about how unfair this meanie Kronwall hurt your little poster boy. SOMEBODY CALL THE WhAAAAAM-BULANCE.

If your "almighty" team DOES NOT beats us while many of our guys are injured, then you need to admit that your team sucks!

Oh, and remember -- the road to the Stanley Cup runs through HOCKEYTOWN!

Edited by Snazzy

Promise me this Wings Fans

As nice as you're trying to be, I promise nothing. If what we say here will bother you, stay at Pittsburgh Message Board. Why even come over here? This is the Stanley Cup Finals, what are you expecting to read?

Promise me this Wings fans

The more I think about it, you're asking the impossible. You are asking that collectively as a group/message board, we do what you ask. It wouldn't matter what you're asking. There's no way in hell it can happen. We have nutcases and posters who will argue for the hell of it on our boards just as you do on yours. I think your ego made you come here and make this request - one that's impossible to fulfill. You had to know that going in.

*IF* their top player (Crosby), top defenseman shot blocker (top 2 PKr dman), and best face off (and defensive forward) were out, and Detroit beat them, would they just "the better team won"? HELL NO! They would flood OUR boards to tell us how "lucky" we were, and that Pens would win if it was healthy. We would get no respect, their forums would be flooded with "Pens would have won if...." and "the better team lost".

Yet we're suppose to NOT mention our misfortunes at all in the series? The OP is a freakin MORON (and a hypocrite)!

I have been here a long time.I just read and laugh mostly.IKNOW THE WNGS ARE CAPEABLE OF SHUTING COSBY AND MALKIN down.With Dats their chanches are better but even without him they can and will do it.They do this kind of thing better than any other team in the NHL.

The OP's request is BS. I don't post here much but I read a lot on LGW and this takes the cake. It's a totally loaded request. So if the wings lose we're suppose to not discuss how injuries, penalties or bad bounces affected the output of the series??

Granted many will complain but if anyone so much as mentions that "if we had Lidstrom we might've pulled it out" then the OP can run back to Pitt boards and say "Check this out. I made this classy post asking their fans not to whine about losing and then all I heard was excuses about injuries and penalties!! What a bunch of class-less A-holes" That's a bunch of B.S. If you don't want to read about fans discussing their team then don't come to their boards.

Lastly, like other people have said, every team has nutcase fans and reasonable fans. If it bothers you that people make excuses when their team loses then don't read their boards.

Wings in 5!!! Keep the cup where it belongs, in Hockeytown!!!!

The more I think about it, you're asking the impossible. You are asking that collectively as a group/message board, we do what you ask. It wouldn't matter what you're asking. There's no way in hell it can happen. We have nutcases and posters who will argue for the hell of it on our boards just as you do on yours. I think your ego made you come here and make this request - one that's impossible to fulfill. You had to know that going in.

Has'nt failed yet.every team the Wings beat their fans come on here and their own boards and screem,the Wings got away with this or that,Kiss my ass and grow up :ranting: .The Wings are the better team all the time. :rolleyes:

I have been here a long time.I just read and laugh mostly.IKNOW THE WNGS ARE CAPEABLE OF SHUTING COSBY AND MALKIN down.With Dats their chanches are better but even without him they can and will do it.They do this kind of thing better than any other team in the NHL.

This is a main reason I dont post much.I love the Wings and can not hold my temper when another teams fan comes on here and talks like they know our team better tha we do.they say our team can only win when the refs make bad calls against the other team.The Wings can beat any team out there at any giving time.

This is a main reason I dont post much.I love the Wings and can not hold my temper when another teams fan comes on here and talks like they know our team better tha we do.they say our team can only win when the refs make bad calls against the other team.The Wings can beat any team out there at any giving time.

OPPS WRONG POST.I wanted to reply to a diffrent post.sorry.

bahahaha if the pens win. Good one. Im not even going to bother to read through this thread. They wont win so it doesn't even matter. Anaheim is the only team I have been slightly nervous about playing in the last 3 years.

bahahaha if the pens win. Good one. Im not even going to bother to read through this thread. They wont win so it doesn't even matter. Anaheim is the only team I have been slightly nervous about playing in the last 3 years.

Yeah but did'nt they lose cause the Germans bombed pearl harbor.If you read some of their post the Wings had nothing to do with that win.

If, and I realize that's a big if, the Penguins win this series, give them some credit, admit you were wrong about them, and don't make any excuses. I don't want to hear about how so and so was not 100%, the refs screwed us, the schedule screwed us blah blah blah.

If the Wings are as big and bad as you think they are and to this point I have no reason to believe otherwise, they should be able to overcome any of the above obstacles to defeat what you say is a much weaker Eastern Conference team that hasn't played anyone, has a crappy defense, has Crosby and Malkin and nobody else, blah blah blah.

As classy as the Wings organization is, I hope that their fans will be equally classy in defeat. Show us why you're better than Flyers, Capitals, and Canes fans if the Penguins win.

If the Wings win, I promise to do the same.

Not only should you recognize the Wings win, but you should recognize that the Wings are a modern day hockey dynasty and that Crosby and Malkin do not yet have what it takes to reach the next level. Deal?

Here is the thing.

Pens fans act as if their team is some great model organization, blah blah blah. Pittsburgh's management isn't some group of greek gods pulling hockey genius moves out of their ass to form the teams they have for the last two seasons. Let me remind Pens fans, that your team sucked so bad, for so long, they had no choice but to draft Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury. These were top rated players and Maggie the monkey could have made those picks. Will I give props to the Penguins if they win? Absolutely, because beating the Wings in a playoff series can and does happen, and beating this particular team would be quite a feat.

However, I won't give props because they have some great organization that breeds a consistent winner year after year. That just isn't fact. Which begs me to ask Pens fans a question, can you tell us how many years in a row the Red Wings have been to the Stanley Cup playoffs? If you can, think about that and show some respect already.

So good luck Pens fans, seriously. If they win this series, I'll come to this board and say congratulations, because you will deserve it. Until then, shut the $&%! up because these Penquins haven't won anything yet.

the only thing i will/can promise you is a detroit red wings stanley cup 2009 victory!!!!

we will take everything from u! ur hope, ur team, ur sole!

Here is the thing.

Pens fans act as if their team is some great model organization, blah blah blah. Pittsburgh's management isn't some group of greek gods pulling hockey genius moves out of their ass to form the teams they have for the last two seasons. Let me remind Pens fans, that your team sucked so bad, for so long, they had no choice but to draft Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury. These were top rated players and Maggie the monkey could have made those picks. Will I give props to the Penguins if they win? Absolutely, because beating the Wings in a playoff series can and does happen, and beating this particular team would be quite a feat.

However, I won't give props because they have some great organization that breeds a consistent winner year after year. That just isn't fact. Which begs me to ask Pens fans a question, can you tell us how many years in a row the Red Wings have been to the Stanley Cup playoffs? If you can, think about that and show some respect already.

So good luck Pens fans, seriously. If they win this series, I'll come to this board and say congratulations, because you will deserve it. Until then, shut the $&%! up because these Penquins haven't won anything yet.

Also the Penguins organization isn't that good at all either. Did they prepare for a possibility of bankruptcy in recent years? Just think, Penguins could be standing right next to the Coyotes in the bankruptcy line right now... That isn't a good organization, at all.

I doubt they'll be a very successful down the stretch either. Their GM doesn't have the ability to keep good players. Remember Hossa bolted quicker than you can say "good bye". That speaks volumes about how ghetto they run things over there.

Also the Penguins organization isn't that good at all either. Did they prepare for a possibility of bankruptcy in recent years? Just think, Penguins could be standing right next to the Coyotes in the bankruptcy line right now... That isn't a good organization, at all.

I doubt they'll be a very successful down the stretch either. Their GM doesn't have the ability to keep good players. Remember Hossa bolted quicker than you can say "good bye". That speaks volumes about how ghetto they run things over there.

Snazzy, you really have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to the quality of the Pens organization.

I really don't think Hossa leaving Pittsburgh had anything to do with the Pens being "ghetto".

At the time he made his decision, it was the right decision to make. The Pens only kept one UFA - Orpik. The rest of them left. Hossa knew his lease was up and that his team was going to be disbanded. He's 30 years old without a Stanley Cup. His best bet at the time was to go play for the Wings for a year.. so he did it.

I seriously doubt it had anything to do with the Pens organization and how "ghetto" they are.

Snazzy, you really have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to the quality of the Pens organization.

Enlighten me Psychlone. Tell me how the Pens have drafted well, year after year for almost two decades to have this team. Tell me how this GM has carefully groomed these players into regular season and playoff superstars for you and the rest of Penguinland year after year. You can't you say?

Well that is right, you can't. This team has fallen into your lap. Previous ownership drove this once proud franchise into the ground so badly, it had no where to go but up, choosing sure fire superstars like cherries off trees. (As a fan of Detroit teams in general, we have one of these as an example, they call themselves Lions.)

So Pens fans need to cheer for their team, and have fun doing it. However, don't come to the boards demanding respect for something that hasn't even happened yet. If the Pens win, it will be a feat and worthy of respect for this year, but damnit, Pens fans and the league in general need to show some respect to what IS a modern day dynasty.

Enlighten me Psychlone. Tell me how the Pens have drafted well, year after year for almost two decades to have this team. Tell me how this GM has carefully groomed these players into regular season and playoff superstars for you and the rest of Penguinland year after year. You can't you say?

Well that is right, you can't. This team has fallen into your lap. Previous ownership drove this once proud franchise into the ground so badly, it had no where to go but up, choosing sure fire superstars like cherries off trees. (As a fan of Detroit teams in general, we have one of these as an example, they call themselves Lions.)

So Pens fans need to cheer for their team, and have fun doing it. However, don't come to the boards demanding respect for something that hasn't even happened yet. If the Pens win, it will be a feat and worthy of respect for this year, but damnit, Pens fans and the league in general need to show some respect to what IS a modern day dynasty.

Where in my reply did I ever say Detroit WASN't a good organization? Clearly they are one of if not the model franchise in the NHL.

Edited by Psychlone

I have no problem giving credit where credit is due. IF the Pens show that they came prepared and play a hard-fought series, I'll admit they beat the Wings no problem. My issue is, not even the captain of your favorite team can admit defeat. Whenever Crosby's asked about losing a game afterward he generally attributes it to, "not getting the bounces" or "the team not having their best game".

After Zetterberg killed that 5 on 3 last season I would have expected, "that was an impressive kill" or something... but nothing. It's hard to be modest when your team loses to a guy who can't do it himself.

I have no problem giving credit where credit is due. IF the Pens show that they came prepared and play a hard-fought series, I'll admit they beat the Wings no problem. My issue is, not even the captain of your favorite team can admit defeat. Whenever Crosby's asked about losing a game afterward he generally attributes it to, "not getting the bounces" or "the team not having their best game".

After Zetterberg killed that 5 on 3 last season I would have expected, "that was an impressive kill" or something... but nothing. It's hard to be modest when your team loses to a guy who can't do it himself.

I agree with you, I think that is something Sidney really needs to work on.