• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

greenrebellion

Why the Wings will lose this series

Rate this topic

Excellent point.

Zetterberg on Crosby, they negate each other = win for us because our supporting players are better

Zetterberg away from Crosby, both productive offensively = win for us because our supporting players are better

Depth is a wonderful thing, ain't it?

:thumbup: Edited by motorcitykid

You can say that but they are also shots that 9 times out of 10 guys like Crosby and Guerin are going to bury and get by the goalie...

Never said the Wings were winning on luck

Hmm...up is down, black is white, how do these two thoughts make sense together? 9 of 10 times they bury it but it wasn't luck? And how do the Wings do it do you suppose? Round after round of "luck?" Why couldn't Kane or the Hawks who bury their opportunities bury us? Why couldn't the Ducks who won the Cup two years ago and bury their shots bury us? At what point when it keeps happening does it stop being bad luck and start being caused by the Wings?

His didn't just say we're going to lose and that's it.

The guy did actually write out a list of reasons for why he thought the team was in trouble. I'm not surprised about the responses, just disturbed by how long a thread like this has gone on.

I see, so if he had said we were going to lose while we are up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals without reasons, you'd have understood my analogy to his walking through Harlem with a wad of bills because he had a right to. But since he went onto the WINGS Fan board, claimed to be a long time fan and gave a list of REASONS we were going to lose instead of just saying we were it all makes sense to you. Thanks for esplaining that to me. :rolleyes:

Personally, none of his reasons that when we won 2 straight missing our best O player in consecutive nights and now we actually get at least a day between games and our rookies are playing energetically and great hockey makes any sense at all that we're about to lose four of the next five games to a team that couldn't win a series against mediocre teams in less then 6 games until they hit a team totally spent.

Edited by NomadFromKazoo

I see, so if he had said we were going to lose while we are up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals without reasons, you'd have understood my analogy to his walking through Harlem with a wad of bills because he had a right to. But since he went onto the WINGS Fan board, claimed to be a long time fan and gave a list of REASONS we were going to lose instead of just saying we were it all makes sense to you. Thanks for esplaining that to me. :rolleyes:

Personally, none of his reasons that when we won 2 straight missing our best O player in consecutive nights and now we actually get at least a day between games and our rookies are playing energetically and great hockey makes any sense at all that we're about to lose four of the next five games to a team that couldn't win a series against mediocre teams in less then 6 games until they hit a team totally spent.

Actually, I never said I completely agreed with any of his reasons. I just said that people overreacted to it, much like you're doing to my posts in this thread.

And what is it with you and Harlem? I've actually been there before and it wasn't so bad. Don't believe everything you see on the television.

Pens in 6?? :wacko:

Whatever he's smoking I want some..

Pens barely pull out a must win game 3... Crosby cant handle Z. Wings in 5.. 6 at most.

I guess I'm not as crazy as some in this thread thought I was. I wasn't exactly correct in how it played out, but I do believe injuries and especially fatigue caught up to us in this series. What a disappointment though getting within 1 and then losing :angry:

Guest Shoreline
Someone is obviously happy that he/she was proved right :rolleyes:

50/50 chance, and a good fap to justify pessimism. It still could have went either way. The Pens were never dominating the Wings as the OP suggests.

Edited by Shoreline

Sadly, Wings were too injured and depleted from the start of the series. Penguins should share the cup with the Ducks (and Chi-town), because that's the only reason why they won the best of 7. If Wings were healthy and coasted through the playoffs (unfortunately western is more competitive and harder division) like the Penguins did, Hossa and the Wings would be drinking from the cup after 5 games of the series.

Fortunate for Penguins, unfortunate for the Wings.

Nobody can control injuries. Pens were healthy, Wings were not.

Sadly, Wings were too injured and depleted from the start of the series. Penguins should share the cup with the Ducks (and Chi-town), because that's the only reason why they won the best of 7. If Wings were healthy and coasted through the playoffs (unfortunately western is more competitive and harder division) like the Penguins did, Hossa and the Wings would be drinking from the cup after 5 games of the series.

Fortunate for Penguins, unfortunate for the Wings.

Nobody can control injuries. Pens were healthy, Wings were not.

Precisely. Like Babcock said, you have to be good and lucky, lucky in the bounces and in health. The Pens I'm sure had guys playing hurt too, but I seriously doubt they had as many as we did, especially our star players, and I wonder how many man-games lost to injury we had this playoffs compared to last year?