Meech, Chelios scratched

riples187h.png

41856_feature.jpgfantasy_g_fleury_300.jpg

DET Chris Osgood

14-4, 1.91 GAA, .931 SV %, 1 SO

PIT Marc-Andre Fleury

12-7, 2.66 GAA, .905 SV %, 0 SO

riples187i.png

DET Mikael Samuelsson (unknown) gametime decision, DET Pavel Datsyuk (foot) gametime decision, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out, Tomas Kopecky (facial injuries) out

PIT Mike Zigomanis (shoulder) out

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Let's go Wings! Finish this series off quickly! Come out strong and STAY strong throughout the whole game.

We're going to Europe today, so we will miss the rest of the games. I'll be checking the internet for results. I want GOOD results!

Go Wings, GO!

Does anyone keep track of how many posts are hit and by whom in a particular game? I seem to recall Hossa hitting three or four by himself over the first two games of last year's Finals.

Let's GO WINGS!!!

Pavel please be okay to play! :(

7 goals from Rex, and 7 goals from Hossa!

14-1 W!

But the W is the only important part! Let's make Malking WISH he had been suspended!

Let's see a win here, a sacrifice loss in game 4 and then a home finish in game 5. I know it's gonna happen.

I fully agree. I wanted a Wings sweep, but then I decided I would rather watch the Penguins win once in either game 3 or 4, to see the Wings get the cup at home game 5. I don't think my heart could take a game 7.

Pressure was on the Wings in games 1 and 2, but now the pressure is all on the Pens. It will be interesting to see the match ups. I expect a goal from Hossa...

Wings win 3-1 again...Hossa, Mule, Abs with the talleys. Crosby is held pointless and continues having nightmares about Zetterberg for the rest of the series.

Edited by FunkedUp

I really think Dats' foot is broken guys. Something is up if the swelling still hasn't gone down...

We need to keep up the pace though. Let's go Red Wings!! I predict further frustration and hissy fits from Malkin, and hopefully a few tears will be shed by Crosby as well.

I like the optimism in this thread, but I doubt we're winning tonight.

We'll be battling the NHL and referees all night as well, unlike the first 2 games.

I think it'll be 4-2 Pens.

BUT, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope we win.

I like the optimism in this thread, but I doubt we're winning tonight.

We'll be battling the NHL and referees all night as well, unlike the first 2 games.

I think it'll be 4-2 Pens.

BUT, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope we win.

I think they're very aware of all that mess. Should be close.

Per MLive-

Red Wings' Marian Hossa ready for hostile crowd

by Ansar Khan

Tuesday June 02, 2009, 12:45 AM

DETROIT -- The crowd at Mellon Arena won't wait for Marian Hossa to touch the puck tonight in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals before they begin booing him.

Boisterous Pittsburgh Penguins fans surely will take notice every time he touches the ice. And signs throughout the NHL's oldest building likely will brand Hossa a traitor.

It probably won't affect him, though. Hossa said it might fire him up even more, like it did when he played there during the regular season for the first time with the Detroit Red Wings.

"It was real interesting, gave me a little extra energy, and I tried to use that to my advantage," Hossa said. "(Booing) is going to be similar, maybe even louder. (I'll) make sure (it doesn't) distract me."

Pittsburgh fans were irate Hossa left last summer to sign a one-year free-agent contract with the Red Wings. They are even more upset that their team trails the series 2-0 and that Hossa assisted on two of his team's six goals.

"It's going to be loud in Pittsburgh. They show you what they think," Hossa said. "It's going to be a great atmosphere."

Hossa responded to his hostile reception Feb. 8 by scoring his 30th goal of the season in the Red Wings' 3-0 victory.

The Penguins must win at least one of the next two games to save their fans, at least temporarily, from seeing Hossa skate around the ice with the Stanley Cup.

Abdelkader sold at center

Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said Justin Abdelkader is much better at center than on the wing.

Abdelkader played the past four games at the position in place of Kris Draper and scored goals in each of the past two. He played on the wing in five games earlier in the playoffs.

"Not playing all year on the wing (in Grand Rapids) and now having to play on the wing in the (playoffs) was a lot to ask of the kid," Babcock said. "And he was struggling with the position probably more so than that."

Said Abdelkader: "I feel a lot more comfortable (at center). It's the position I played my whole career."

Babcock said it will be even more important for Abdelkader to play well on the road, where the Penguins will try to get Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin on the ice against his line.

Abdelkader is the only player to score goals in Games 1 and 2 of a Stanley Cup final without never scoring a goal in the NHL (regular season or playoffs).

"This guy is a player you're going to talk about for a long time," Babcock said. "He's going to be a physical force in the league, forechecking, and he's going to have good enough hands to be around the net and play with the good players, and he's going to be a net presence."

Datsyuk, Draper likely to sit

Pavel Datsyuk (foot) didn't skate in Monday's limited optional practice, and Babcock said he had not received an update on Datsyuk's condition, but he did not expect "anything new today."

Draper (strained groin) has been cleared to play, but Babcock said he is reluctant to change the lineup.

Draper is prepared to put his ego aside and sit out, if that is the case.

"The timing (of his injury) wasn't very good. I wasn't able to practice all week, and then we had back- to-back games," Draper said. "Just try to do what I can, be around the guys in the dressing room, get guys ready for warm-up."

Time short for Lilja

Defenseman Andreas Lilja still has headaches but tried to convince doctors to let him play in the last round.

"We were down two guys (with injuries), and you feel that you want to do your part," Lilja said. "They (doctors) are pretty hard to convince. I tried it, Draper tried it when he was hurt. Some stuff they just don't want to gamble with, and, obviously, that's smart. If you really think it through, I probably shouldn't play.

"I think the sand in the clock is starting to run out. I just try to enjoy the practices and have as much fun as I can with the guys and enjoy seeing them play."

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Just two more W's and we can all enjoy our summer off watching replays of another Wings Cup win and laugh our asses off at another epic failure from the NHL's poster boy.

For all his skill, living with Mario Lemieux has really rubbed off on Crosby in all the wrong ways. Sissy. Whiner. Cheat. Diver. And my favorite: loser!!

Goooo Wings!!!

Guest lilja4mvp

wings go to the box 5+ times and pens score the first 2 goals.

Guest mindfly

Red Wings shouldn't be able to win this one but weirder things have happend........