• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

toby91_ca

Officiating Will be Tighter

Rate this topic

Depending on your interpretation of "obstruction". That word was over used last year by Therrien, and is overrated.

If "obstruction" is claiming the ice, then I doubt see it called. If your forward is skating and our defenseman is skating in front of him, it's NOT your forwards ICE. If you're forward wants it, he either needs to skate through our defenseman or go around him. I think it's hilarious that you guys think the ice belongs to your forwards... what do you want, our defenseman to say "Oh, pardon me... I'll go ahead and move out of your way so you can have a good scoring chance"? Do you want us to score your goals for you too... Like game 2? C'mon man. Stop crying!

Call it whatever you want, there are rules against it. Sunday night Detroit got away with a big one at one of the game's key moments. I only bring it up now because we're having a discussion about the officiating.

I don't claim the Pens are "entitled" to anything -- and don't go crying because the league has these rules in place.

And try to ignore the fact.

Call it whatever you want, there are rules against it. Sunday night Detroit got away with a big one at one of the game's key moments. I only bring it up now because we're having a discussion about the officiating.

I don't claim the Pens are "entitled" to anything -- and don't go crying because the league has these rules in place.

The Penguins are getting away with the same things that the Wings are so just shut up.

The first two game where fine with the officiating. Some calls where let go...but for both sides. It was reffed pretty fairly and i like it better 5 on 5...none of thise 5 on 3 for 1:35 non sense.

You make it sound as if it's only Detroit that anticipates and takes the ice away. Detroit is just the best at it, they know the lanes and take their spots forcing the opposing players to either skate through them (which would make for physical exciting hockey), pass the puck with savvy puck possesion, or go around them. You seriously think taking ice away or getting in the lanes is "obstruction"?

Am I correct, is this your interpretation of obstruction? Me thinks Therrien has brain washed you.

The Penguins are getting away with the same things that the Wings are so just shut up.

Sorry to disagree chum, but uh... no.

Whatever the Pens are getting away with, it's not the same.

The interference isn't even close. That's Detroit's style, not the Pens. Obviously.

If the league does have a problem, I'd be interested in hearing the specifics. What calls were missed, or made in error? Would any of Zetterberg's touches be part of this? And yes, I realize some of the things may be on the Pens, but I'd be curious to hear.

The interference isn't even close. That's Detroit's style, not the Pens. Obviously.

If the league does have a problem, I'd be interested in hearing the specifics. What calls were missed, or made in error? Would any of Zetterberg's touches be part of this? And yes, I realize some of the things may be on the Pens, but I'd be curious to hear.

Uh, yes. It's called even officiating for a reason. I don't know the specific instances because I don't dwell on stupid things like you do, but I distinctly remember Hossa getting clearly interfered with while entering the zone and I think it was Helm that was blatantly tripped on the blue line. Keep telling yourself that the Pens are playing clean hockey and the Wings are getting away with murder. Both teams have been getting away with penalties. Get over yourself.

idiots_breathing.jpg

Edited by Mike

Lol. Okay, we are not suppose to judge or complain about the officiating at all tonight. But Pens fans are the exception to the rule and continue to complain about the unfairness... but Wings fans are "setting up an excuse if Pens win"??

Wow. Just WOW!!!

Pot, meet kettle.

I'm with you all the way.

The problem I have is the people here already setting up an excuse in case the Pens win tonight: "see I told you the league would jump in on their side!"

Would you also have a problem with anyone here pulling this stunt?

Just wondering.

You make it sound as if it's only Detroit that anticipates and takes the ice away. Detroit is just the best at it, they know the lanes and take their spots forcing the opposing players to either skate through them (which would make for physical exciting hockey), pass the puck with savvy puck possesion, or go around them. You seriously think taking ice away or getting in the lanes is "obstruction"?

Am I correct, is this your interpretation of obstruction? Me thinks Therrien has brain washed you.

Well I see as an all-knowing Wings fan you want to rules test me. Fine.

My problem is Detroit's plays where the Wings player-- now listen carefully -- hasn't established body position and blocks a player who's not possessing the puck. Still think I'm brainwashed?

That was exactly what happened Sunday Night with Samuellson, who picked Malkin off the draw and prevented him from going over to block the Detroit shooter's shot. The result was an illegal (by rule) free shooting lane that resulted in a goal. Specific enough for ya, junior? (This isn't the first time I've noticed it during the series, either.)

And if some yahoo like me caught it, you can bet the league did too, and threw a holy fit inside the offices.

That's one of the reasons the officiating will be tighter. Not some wack-o "conspiracy" to help the Pens.

Edited by BewareThePenguin

Well I see as an all-knowing Wings fan you want to test me. Fine.

My problem is Detroit's plays where the Wings player-- now listen carefully -- hasn't established body position and blocks a player who's not possessing the puck. Still think I'm brainwashed?

That was exactly what happened Sunday Night with Samuellson, who picked Malkin off the draw and prevented him from going over to block the Detroit shooter's shot. The result was an illegal (by rule) free shooting lane that resulted in a goal. Specific enough for ya, junior?

And if some yahoo like me caught it, you can bet the league did too, and threw a holy fit inside the offices.

That's one of the reasons the officiating will be tighter. Not some wack-o "conspiracy" to help the Pens.

Because no other team in the NHL does this every single game? News flash: EVERY TEAM DOES THIS.

Lol. Okay, we are not suppose to judge or complain about the officiating at all tonight. But Pens fans are the exception to the rule and continue to complain about the unfairness... but Wings fans are "setting up an excuse if Pens win"??

Wow. Just WOW!!!

Pot, meet kettle.

No, pot NOT meet kettle.

I'm not the one blaming the refs for any loss, even if I point out things that should've been called (see post above).

I'm not the one setting up some excuse in an advance to whine about in case the other guys win.

That from fans complaining about PENS FANS whining -- now there's your pot and kettle, chumley.

I haven't blamed the refs for a single loss. Unlike a whole load of fans here who are getting their excuse caps ready for tonight -- in advance.

Whining in advance. Now THERE'S a new twist!

Ha ha, have to chuckle.

Wow. Just WOW!!!

Pot, meet kettle.

Shhhh...don't ruin his flawed argument. :D

And this is the only non call of game 2? I seem to recall and pretty obvious interference on hossa in period 3. Which was also a non call.

How many calls have we had to kill off that where bs calls that should not have been calls?

You act like this is one sided. Get over youself. The refs did a great job in letting things go from both sides.

No, pot NOT meet kettle.

I'm not the one blaming the refs for any loss, even if I point out things that should've been called (see post above).

I'm not the one setting up some excuse in an advance to whine about in case the other guys win.

That from fans complaining about PENS FANS whining -- now there's your pot and kettle, chumley.

I haven't blamed the refs for a single loss. Unlike a whole load of fans here who are getting their excuse caps ready for tonight -- in advance.

Ha ha, have to chuckle.

Funny enough you are only pointing things out that should have been called on the Wings while you are conveniently leaving out all the calls, many of them the same calls, that the Pens are getting away with. Please, continue to ignore the other half of the argument. It makes you look oh so intelligent.

Well I see as an all-knowing Wings fan you want to test me. Fine.

That was exactly what happened Sunday Night with Samuellson, who picked Malkin off the draw and prevented him from going over to block the Detroit shooter's shot. The result was an illegal (by rule) free shooting lane that resulted in a goal. Specific enough for ya, junior?

Where's the outrage when Hossa got laid out at center ice when the puck was not even near him? Where's the outrage when Malkin tripped up Kronwall.. or the trip on Helm? Or holding on Lidstrom... where's the outrage?

See how this works, junior? We can ALL find s*** to throw. ***-for-tat. STOP CRYING!!!!!

And this is the only non call of game 2? I seem to recall and pretty obvious interference on hossa in period 3. Which was also a non call.

How many calls have we had to kill off that where bs calls that should not have been calls?

You act like this is one sided. Get over youself. The refs did a great job in letting things go from both sides.

And we have a winner. This is the non-call that I was referring to in my post.

No, pot NOT meet kettle.

Ha ha, have to chuckle.

Correct me if I am wrong, but did you not start a thread about Zetterberg after game 2, which was consequently deleted by the mods?

No other major sport has these issues and allows their officials to be the subject of critism. Either change the rules or keep the existing rules, but whatever you do, if you call the rules black and white, there should be no controversy or complaining. Sure, a call is going to be missed here and there simply because the refs can't see everything, but there should be very little judgment involved in make calls when you have a rulebook to follow.

- In a similar vien, the Malkin incident at the end of game 2. I understand the rule about getting suspended (as it is written) and I understand what is also written about the NHL being able to review and make judgments after the fact, but I think this is just silly. I vote to throw the rule out all together as it is stupic, but if you have a rule, just make it black and white. I think it is extremely clear that the rule was not drafted to catch stuff like what happened in game 2 and this is why there was no suspension, suspending Malkin for what happened would have been pretty dumb, but why....again....leave so much judgment to the league, leaving them open for critism every time again??? Either get rid of the rule all together or leave it as black and white. If guys get suspended because of the rule, even though it wasn't meant in that kind of situation, so be it, stuff happens, live with it. Same with all suspensions....if you do this....you get this many games, plain and simple.

I share your frustration over the inconsistency, but I don't see the NHL as any different from the other sports leagues in this regard. The NBA is the worst, by a wide margin. Even MLB home plate umpires have wildly inconsistent, even moving, strike zones.

Where's the outrage when Hossa got laid out at center ice when the puck was not even near him? Where's the outrage when Malkin tripped up Kronwall.. or the trip on Helm? Or holding on Lidstrom... where's the outrage?

See how this works, junior? We can ALL find s*** to throw. ***-for-tat. STOP CRYING!!!!!

wow, and you guys talk about OTHERS' lack of rules knowledge?

It's called body position -- the Pens player had it when he went THROUGH Hossa.

I've already called out things on Malkin, sorry your straw man argument won't cut it. Heck, I wanted Malkin sitting out this game -- how's THAT for objectivity, chum?

Difference is, I admit things -- haven't heard a single instance of a Wings fan here admitting their team ever committed a rules infraction. Hmmm.

Correct me if I am wrong, but did you not start a thread about Zetterberg after game 2, which was consequently deleted by the mods?

Yes, and if it were still around, you wouldn't find a single instance of me blaming what he did for the Pens' loss. In fact, if you'd bothered to read it, you'd see it wasn't even about the game outcome.

It's all total bulls***, the NHL we all knew and loved is basically now the WWF. Of course bettman and his minions will be hard at work giving the pen(i)s every advantage they can. Not only do they want their choad-licking golden boy and his whining, tantrum-throwing sideprick to win they don't want to miss the revenue of extra games by allowing the Wings to sweep. It's a joke and all part of the grand bettman soap opera. Just wait, you'll see. I wouldn't argue that it already started with allowing milkin' to play tonight, but we're sure to see some bulls*** along the lines of brad watsonry or o'halloranigans. It's ridiculous that anyone thinks the "new NHL" is anything but a big f***-job with buttman at the wheel. Every time I hear the words "the league" or "commisioner bettman" I have to choke back the rising puke in anticipation of whatever is about to follow. I wanted to buy my dad a Winter Classic jersey or something this year for Father's Day, but there is no way I will support the NHL with any money until buttman and his ilk are gone.

wow, and you guys talk about OTHERS' lack of rules knowledge?

It's called body position -- the Pens player had it when he went THROUGH Hossa.

I've already called out things on Malkin, sorry your straw man argument won't cut it. Heck, I wanted Malkin sitting out this game -- how's THAT for objectivity, chum?

Difference is, I admit things -- haven't heard a single instance of a Wings fan here admitting their team ever committed a rules infraction. Hmmm.

Okay, got it. It's called "body position" if it's the Pens and "obstruction" if it is the Wings.

K, now I see your reasoning ;)

Edited by Snazzy