• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

Penguins Forums blocking people?

Rate this topic

The other night I tried to log onto the Penguins main forums (msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.com/) and I kept having a bunch of problems, so I figured it was just traffic from being NHL finals and probably just too many users on at once no big deal, so then I try late at night after checking my e-mail and I get a weird message after it tries to open the site forever. still nothing, huh so I figure something might be messed up with my internet, so I reset my modem, router etc etc, still nothing. Tried again today at work, to see what they think of Pavel possibly playing tonight, same thing again, huh wtf is going on, So I log onto the website on my iPhone and bam works like a charm, still nothing on pc and on my phone it works perfect, it seems as though they possible have blocked MI internet providers IPs or something, which is stupid if you ask me.

is anyone else having the same problem or is it just a weird coincidence? and if so do we filter IPs on our site too?

oh this will have to be for people that live in Michigan, I'm sure Wings fans from Florida can go there fine.

Go Wings !

not just you. and, yes... lame.

I didn't think the Penguins OFFICIAL website, would block IPs, I could see it from a third party site but come on how sad is that, to bad their are ways around this.

but its not even worth it, what happened to friendly hockey talk between the two opposing teams? We didn't gloat or trash talk any of the other teams we've faced so far, and vice versa

they don't really offer much of hockey knowledge or discussion any how.

go Wings

They're not saying anything spectacular... they want to rough him up and put him back on the shelf. Here are some of the comments about him...

"Welcome to the playoffs Dats... **slash foot***"

"That's exactly what the old 29'er (Phil Bourque) said this morning. He would give him a hard tap to the foot and welcome him to the playoffs. I lol'ed that on the drive in to work."

"Datsyuk isn't exactly tearing up the playoffs this year, and he most likely isn't 100%. I don't think this will change much."

"if it means anything, on ESPN last night, Matthew Barnaby said that he watched Datsyuk in the morning skate and said he didn't look game ready. he said the injury was very noticeable and couldn't see how he would play Thursday."

"OMG NOOOO! Before he went out he was averaging a little more than .5 points per game! How can we hope to repel firepower of that magnitude!"

"Good I hope Datsyuk does play and then the Wings will be close too or right at 100 percent when the Penguins start to take control back of this series...Babcock had better hope Datsyuk is healthy and affective enough to play because your whole ability to skate depends on the strength of your feet and your ability to move side to side and create things. Datsyuk hasnt played in about 3 weeks and while he is still a very very good player he could end up being very rusty out there and end up turning the puck over on more then one occasion that could lead to numerous scoring chances for the Penguins..."

"It's Datsyuk. The chances of him being a "non-factor" are slim to none.

Even in the first two games, Crosby didn't have any goals.. but he was certainly a factor on the ice."

"I'm sick of hearing about all of the Wing's injuries. It's just an excuse in case we actually beat them. Then they can ***** all year about how we only won because their whole team was hurt. I'm sure we have plenty of players that are hurt as well. They mentioned yesterday that Kris Letang was a game time decision because of injury."

"ah F-Datspuke, just one less excuse for the Wings come Thursday nights post-game. Though the Pens need to watch their back, he is a master of hitting from behind."

And it goes on like this for like 8 pages...

I am a pens fan (I live in Michigan, I was raised on the wings, and will ALWAYS be wings first) but i am signed up to the pens forum and they are a-holes. You aren't missing anything if you cant view the forum. They're either talking about you, or trashing the wings. What a classy set of "fans," huh?

Thats what i love about Detroit. We keep it real. :)

It could also be an IPS or whatever board error that every NHL board seems to be getting lately. Every server seems to be getting thrown at with a bunch of traffic so hitting refresh a lot may have to be what you do.

If penguins win tonight, they will flood LetsGoWings.com. They will come in masses to tell us how bad our team sucks and how great they are. They are not very classy fans.

Uhh, he's talking about them coming here. Anyway, my account works over there and I just put a post up about Datsyuk.

Yeah, the majority of them don't know much about hockey but that doesn't mean I can't go on there and educate people instead of just slinging mud.

Uhh, he's talking about them coming here. Anyway, my account works over there and I just put a post up about Datsyuk.

Yeah, the majority of them don't know much about hockey but that doesn't mean I can't go on there and educate people instead of just slinging mud.

Why would anyone want to go over to the Penguins site?

Why would anyone want to go over to the Penguins site?

You know, even being a pens fan myself, i'm starting to ask myself the same thing.. the word "class" has seem to have gone down the drain to half the league it seems. It's a sad, sad state of hockey.

The other night I tried to log onto the Penguins main forums (msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.com/) and I kept having a bunch of problems, so I figured it was just traffic from being NHL finals and probably just too many users on at once no big deal, so then I try late at night after checking my e-mail and I get a weird message after it tries to open the site forever. still nothing, huh so I figure something might be messed up with my internet, so I reset my modem, router etc etc, still nothing. Tried again today at work, to see what they think of Pavel possibly playing tonight, same thing again, huh wtf is going on, So I log onto the website on my iPhone and bam works like a charm, still nothing on pc and on my phone it works perfect, it seems as though they possible have blocked MI internet providers IPs or something, which is stupid if you ask me.

is anyone else having the same problem or is it just a weird coincidence? and if so do we filter IPs on our site too?

oh this will have to be for people that live in Michigan, I'm sure Wings fans from Florida can go there fine.

Go Wings !

I tried to log onto the offcial websites for the Ducks, Chicago and now the Pens during each round and they are all blocking fans of the opposing teams from either signing on or creating new accounts. I can understand booting people who are breaking the rules , but to not even give people the chance to join.....UNBELIEVEABLE! Way to promote fan interaction NHL!

You know, even being a pens fan myself, i'm starting to ask myself the same thing.. the word "class" has seem to have gone down the drain to half the league it seems. It's a sad, sad state of hockey.

This site is cool enough for me. There is enough variety here as it is. People with HHO's, Arms Crossed Guy, Parking Lot Boy, Atomic Punk, Ms. Hockey, and Hockeymom. This slice of fun is as good as it gets. Too bad GilchristForever isn't around.... :thumbup::thumbdown: ? !!! ha

Anyone with an opinion other than "Penguins will Dominate," "Hossa is a selfish ******," or "Crosby and Malkin are the greatest duo in the history of anywhere" are immediately labeled as trolls and banned.

However, it is perfectly acceptable to make fun of the unemployed people in Detroit and Vladimir Konstantinov (i kid you not on that last one)

this seems to be a common theme among fans of teams who have a relatively newer fanbase. I'm sure the Pens have fans who have been around for a while, but over the last 2 years I've seen tons of em come out of the woodwork, just among my group of friends. They just make fun of things unrelated to hockey because they don't actually know anything about hockey.

this seems to be a common theme among fans of teams who have a relatively newer fanbase. I'm sure the Pens have fans who have been around for a while, but over the last 2 years I've seen tons of em come out of the woodwork, just among my group of friends. They just make fun of things unrelated to hockey because they don't actually know anything about hockey.

I know Bruins fans, I know Leafs and Habs fans, I know a Kings fan and a couple of Hawks fans, some Canucks, Flames, Rangers, Devils Flyers and Oilers fans. I didn't know a single Pens fan before the 2004 lockout.

And yet, now all of a sudden, there they are all up in my Facebook grill. Why is that, Gary Bettman? Why are these bandwagoners pissing me off on Facebook? Next time he's on a call-in show on Sirius or whatever, someone ask him that.