• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

After four games, which team has looked better?

Rate this topic

Probably the Pens overall, just because of tonight. The first three games were fairly even, with the winning teams holding the slight edge. This was the first one that was pretty one-sided. I think if Datsyuk was healthy, this would be a completely different series.

Edited by Trapt1307

I'd call it a draw. The Pens and wings both had their moments of domination during all four games. I think there have been missed calls by the s***ty refs in all four games. And I think there have been mental lapses by both teams in all four games.

I think the 2-2 series accurately display how the series has gone. I think both teams could have said they could have won the games they lost.

It's been an even break. Home ice is obviously giving the only edge.

I'd say it's fairly even. I want to feel better about our team so I'll say we've been the better team because we've scored one more non-empty net goal than they have.

i'd say it's a wash, too. games one and two were pretty even. i thought we played the better game 3, and of course, got destroyed in game four. maybe a slight edge to pits because the only convincing win has been this one. all the others could have gone either way.

bottom line, wings need to wake the f*** up. two more efforts like tonight and it's golf time sans cup.

the way they opened up the ice tonight scares me, we had a more powerful game for 1, 2 and 3

it all evens out though when you add it all up.

to be fair, though, we helped them a hell of a lot opening up the ice by our d giving the puck away on our ozone blue line about ten times. that can't happen against anybody. you play a game like that, most teams in the league are gonna rip you apart, let alone a team with players like crosby and malkin.

here's a little food for thought... after this game, pitsburg now has as many goals on our powerplay as we do. :scared:

talk about s***ty specialty teams. the wings might want to dig their heads out of their collective asses. we have one pp goal, have given up a shorty, and have given up 4 goals on our pk. we have been the better five on five team. if we can get our specialty teams in line (that might be a tall order for the pk considering it's been s*** all year long), i'd like our chances a whole lot more.

as it is, this is going to be an uphill battle if our pp continues to be ineffective and our pk continues to be invisible. if those factors don't turn around, i don't like our chances very much.

You know, we've heard all year that the Wings are the best team in the league and if they're playing their game with the energy in which we've seen them play their best, then no one can stop them.

This whole year they've been trying to manage their energy (or the Stanley Cup hangover as some have called it) so that they could play their best game at the right time, which is now. Of course, some fans got pissed off because we paid our hard earned cash to see them put up a crappy effort against a below .500 team but deep down I suppose we all knew what they were doing.

Right now I guess it's not a matter of talent or will or who you are on paper but rather a question of energy and legs.

Anyone think that IVs of pedialyte would help the Wings?

The Pens have been the better team yet the series is still tied at 2. I'm feeling really confiedent the Wings will win the Cup. They can't play any worse and we are getting Pavel did you see Dat(syuk) back for the rest of the series. We will win game 5 and have a great chance to end in Pittsburgh. If not, game 7 will be a slaughter. If it goes 7, I see the Wings winning something like 7-2. Vetz go Ved VingZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's a little food for thought... after this game, pitsburg now has as many goals on our powerplay as we do. :scared:

talk about s***ty specialty teams. the wings might want to dig their heads out of their collective asses. we have one pp goal, have given up a shorty, and have given up 4 goals on our pk. we have been the better five on five team. if we can get our specialty teams in line (that might be a tall order for the pk considering it's been s*** all year long), i'd like our chances a whole lot more.

as it is, this is going to be an uphill battle if our pp continues to be ineffective and our pk continues to be invisible. if those factors don't turn around, i don't like our chances very much.

Someone steal the ref's whistles or tell them that nothing, no matter how dirty it is, is a penalty. No more penalties and there's no way we lose.

The Pens have been the better team yet the series is still tied at 2. I'm feeling really confiedent the Wings will win the Cup. They can't play any worse and we are getting Pavel did you see Dat(syuk) back for the rest of the series. We will win game 5 and have a great chance to end in Pittsburgh. If not, game 7 will be a slaughter. If it goes 7, I see the Wings winning something like 7-2. Vetz go Ved VingZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if it's not a slaughter it'll go to overtime which can only mean one thing - a Detroit win.

Quick history lesson: Twice in NHL history has game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals gone to overtime. Both times a Red Wing ended it.

Someone steal the ref's whistles or tell them that nothing, no matter how dirty it is, is a penalty. No more penalties and there's no way we lose.

basically, the pens are just as likely to score on our powerplays as we are, and you know the wings are going to give up at least on goal on the pk every game. so i'm with you. no more penalties.

The Penguins have looked far better. The first two games Detroit was lucky to win so easily. This game epitimized the last 4 games, but with Detroit not getting lucky. But, Detroit at their best is unbeatable, and unless the chokers like HOSSA, and to a lesser extent anyone not named Flipulla, Helm, or Zetterberg, actually put some effort into their games, Wings are done. Hossa came here to win a cup, and he's sure as hell not acting like it. Doesn't he realize this may be his last shot? Hossa is not a difference maker, he can't turn a bunch of losers into winners. He's a supporting character. And what good team would even afford him? If the Wings lose, Hossa not only won't be back, he'll be playing for the LA Kings or Islanders for the rest of his career. If the Wings win, he may be back. But he has to play better. Franzen has to be better. Osgood has to be better. And especially all 6 D-guys. But at least they helped the Wings get here. Without Hossa, we'd still be here, Game 4, all tied up. We are not better with him, these play-offs.

Does it matter who has looked better over all in the 4 games? the fact of the matter is this series is tied at 2 and the Pens have all the momentum. The first period of game 5 is going to tell us who is ready to step and take this series over !!

- Not only are the Wings being outshined, and outplayed...but outcoached as well.

-- Their stars are sent out to score, ours are put out to defend/shadow their stars

--- Zetterberg can't do it all... even though he is..

- Hudler, Hossa, Sammy, Holmstrom are playing non existent.

-- Holmstrom's game has slipped mightily after his surgery and is turning the puck over more and more

--- Has Hudler touched the puck yet?

---- Hossa is lacking his superstar swagger

- Maltby is doing a decent job of stirring the pot

- If Datsyuk can play, he should be in there. This is the finals.

-- Healthy Datsyuk should mean three stacked lines

--- Z and Franzen/ Datsyuk and Holmstrom / Hossa and Filpulla...Theres no match for three strong lines

and a shutdown defensive fourth line with Draper

- When pressured, the Pens D make costly turnovers.

-- Malkin and Crosby are not defensive zone players

--- Why are we not attacking their weeknesses?

- The officiating is horrid

-- The Pens have been offside on many different plays..non calls

--- Both teams are getting away with alot and being penalized for crap

- Pens deserve alot of credit. Not backing down when down on the scoreboard and in the series

-- They want it more and are working a hell of alot harder

- Not having Lilja created the rise of Ericsson but Lilja's defensive presence is being lacked. He blocked

shots, was a great PK man and played physical.

- Detroit is clearly the superior team on paper. But on the ice the Pens are doing exactly what they wanted.

-- Bylsma and the Pens are extremely confident. They smell blood, and keep attacking.

GAME 5 Game Plans

DETROIT

- Forecheck - one on one battles key

- Utilize wealth of offensive talent - SHOOT THEN ATTACK!

- Reduce Turnovers - keep the game simple

- Attack Pens D...Create chances early and often

PITTSBURGH

- Crosby Malkin Staal keep shooting/ crashing net

- Minimize defensive turnovers

- Keep up physical play - Matt Cook

- Keep winning battles along the boards

- Transition Speed is key

Game 5 is a must win for Detroit. Pens have all of the momentum right now and Wings cannot afford to go back to Pittsburgh down 3-2...

basically, the pens are just as likely to score on our powerplays as we are, and you know the wings are going to give up at least on goal on the pk every game. so i'm with you. no more penalties.

Oh jesus. Happens in one game.

GTFO.

I agree that our PK has sucked, and our PP hasn't been solid in this series, but your first sentence is something I'd expect to hear blurted from the mouths of kids getting off a short bus.

Pittsburgh clearly outplayed us in game 4. Granted, we had an excellent series of rushes, and had some awesome control, but they opened the ice, and played the game that let them win all playoff long for the first time in the series.

I was impressed, to say the least. Never seen any team break down Detroit's defense that well.

I still think Wings have the edge, but Pittsburgh sure as hell won't roll over and die :)

how i hate to say it, pits has been playing alot better. series is tied 2-2 and lets be happy for that.

time to wake the f*** up and take 2 games now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are u really sure?

i'm very afraid that the series will end in 6 games,4-2 pens

last night i don't see any reaction,a team too soft,no brain...i hope but for me is much more difficult than what we are thinking..

Oh jesus. Happens in one game.

GTFO.

I agree that our PK has sucked, and our PP hasn't been solid in this series, but your first sentence is something I'd expect to hear blurted from the mouths of kids getting off a short bus.

Pittsburgh clearly outplayed us in game 4. Granted, we had an excellent series of rushes, and had some awesome control, but they opened the ice, and played the game that let them win all playoff long for the first time in the series.

I was impressed, to say the least. Never seen any team break down Detroit's defense that well.

I still think Wings have the edge, but Pittsburgh sure as hell won't roll over and die :)

to say our pp has been less than solid is a bit of an understatement. to say our pk has sucked is being generous. our pk has sucked all playoffs. this series, our pk is atrocious. i'd like to see the data on teams winning the cup with a pp clicking at 10% and a pk at 56%!

i'm not going to look it up, but i'd be willing to bet it's damn near zero. it's hard to believe that any team is going to win the cup being that badly out-played on specialty teams.

our pp is 10% this series. we've got one goal on our pp. they've got one goal on our pp. the likelihood of them getting a shorty on our pp, given the evidence, is 10%. our pk is 56%. any more questions from the short bus?

GTFO