• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kelly

Dats.... Was That it... or something else?

Rate this topic

Two assists and his pressure directly lead to two penalties that the Wings capitalized on. He also helped effectively neutralize Crosby and Malkin, and also showed that our stars are not excused from playing physical in this series.

Yeah, he definitely was a major contributor.

edit: also of note, I think, but the Wings have effectively shut out the Penguins in 3 of 7 games in the postseason that Datsyuk plays, versus 0 of 4 when he doesn't.

Edited by Echolalia

Like one of the announcers said. With Datsyuk on the ice, you have basically doubled your puck possession time. Even without explosive speed, his puck possession and passing make him lethal enough. Great to see him in again.

I want to believe that having Pasha back gave them enough of a psychological pick-me-up to go out there and just make the Pens look like the true team they really are - poseurs.

Maybe another year, fellas. This year, it belongs to us again. Reconcile yourselves to that.

He helped getting everything started with the assist on Cleary's goal. We still haven't seen him at his best with his dangle-dangles but he was really solid, laid out some big hits and got another assist and set up some pretty nice chances. Boy did I miss our Pasha.