• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jaymz99

Heads Up - NO JOE VISION TOMORROW!

Rate this topic

someone here that is good at writing should write up a template letter to email. One that is not filled with hate but with educated reasons they should allow this. Instead of NBC getting a bunch of random ranting emails.

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5

they already said... cbc

Yeah, the TV coverage would be on CBC, not NBC.

I just got off the phone. No Joe Vision. No deal with CBC. Unofficial viewing party is at Hockeytown Cafe. Other season ticket holders, please confirm with your reps to make sure word gets out. Just trying to save a lot of people time tomorrow. :)

left a "polite" message to everyone on there.

i suggest every (even if you don't have a box) to boycott that stupid stupid celebrity show tonight

I have done the same. Very clean, no profanity or even identifiable emotion, just simply that by doing this they are costing themselves viewers, not only now, but in the future.

Someone should call up pittsburgh and ask if they are gonna have the screen outside.

They are not. They took the screen down. That is why Pens fans have been bombarding them with emails. If wings fans also email them then maybe both cities will be happy.

Instead of emailing saying the Pens shouldn't have a screen outside complain about NBC saying no to Joe Vision. If they feel the anger from not just Pens fans and Wings fans then they might (very slim chance) allow both.

oh i already did the no joevision first... 10 emails now.

i did the pens one only once

Just got word from my rep that there will be no Joe Vision due to what he thinks is NBC and the rights to showing it. He said they do not want it shown due to the NBA Finals already taking viewers from them. Something to due with home viewers. NBC is becoming an issue.

I went to the Joe last year for game 6 and it was awesome. My understanding last year was that the $5 admission charge was donated to charity? It was a win for everyone. The fans loved it, the admission fee went to the community and the Joe vendors made money as well! I think it's truly sad that the greed of NBC is going trying to take money away from one of the most economically depressed areas of the country already!

someone here that is good at writing should write up a template letter to email. One that is filled with hate but with educated reasons they should allow this. Instead of NBC getting a bunch of random ranting emails.

kudos... i suck at writing letters

any volunteers post it here!

From last years finals:

MLive

The Detroit Red Wings will finally bring back "Joe Vision":

May 29, DetroitRedWings.com: The Hockeytown Concert Series followed by Joe Vision returns this Saturday, May 31 when the Red Wings battle the Penguins at Mellon Arena in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals. Doors to Joe Louis Arena will open at 6 p.m. EDT.

The band Flaunt will entertain fans beginning at 7 p.m. leading up to puck drop between the Red Wings and Penguins at 8 p.m.

All tickets are $5 and go on sale Friday, May 30 at 10 a.m. EDT.

All proceeds from the event will benefit the Detroit Red Wings Foundation. Tickets are available at the Joe Louis Arena box office, all Ticketmaster locations including Hockeytown Authentics in Troy and Hocketyown Cafe, or by calling 248-645-6666. Tickets can also be purchased by logging on to DetroitRedWings.com.

Why is it different this year?

I thought some dude posted on here that his band was playing at the Joe during Joe Vision..........I thought it was a done deal??

Edited by hoogs

I just sent a polite email to Jeff Zucker, president of NBC Entertainment. Text follows.

Dear Mr. Zucker,

Today, I learned that in a disturbing break with tradition, the Joe

Louis Arena will not be permitted to air their "Joe Vision" event

during Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final. I find this highly

disappointing, and confusing from a business aspect. Joe Vision has

been a longstanding tradition at the arena, where fans who could not

otherwise attend road playoff games have an option to attend a viewing

of the game, and celebrate with the team. NBC gains viewers, the fans

gain an opportunity to cheer their team to victory, and everyone wins.

This year, I am told that NBC has chosen not to allow this event. As

puzzling as it is, I abide by your decision. I will not watch Game 6

at the arena. However, your decision has made a decision for me as

well. From now on, NBC will not be viewed in my home. In a world where

viewer numbers and advertising revenue is king, I do not wish to be

counted as a viewer of a station that will not offer even this basic

courtesy.

I thank you for your time.

I thought some dude posted on here that his band was playing at the Joe during Joe Vision..........I thought it was a done deal??

I saw a guy on mlive post that his band Jedi Mind Trip was playing. On their myspace it says "Jun 9 2009 7:00P Joe Louis Arena - Joe Vision - Center Ice - Game 6". But obviously, that isn't true anymore.

left a "polite" message to everyone on there.

i suggest every (even if you don't have a box) to boycott that stupid stupid celebrity show tonight

That's not too hard because I haven't watched it and don't plan on it. In fact I rarely watch NBC. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be much help in dropping the evening ratings. I do wish that I had an alternative to NBC on Tuesday night now.

I saw a guy on mlive post that his band Jedi Mind Trip was playing. On their myspace it says "Jun 9 2009 7:00P Joe Louis Arena - Joe Vision - Center Ice - Game 6". But obviously, that isn't true anymore.

That sucks because Jedi Mind Trip is pretty awesome too.

That sucks because Jedi Mind Trip is pretty awesome too.

yeah i was listening to their songs last night to see if i like them.. .pretty damn good

the original post of theirs is in the water cooler section of this board

That's not too hard because I haven't watched it and don't plan on it. In fact I rarely watch NBC. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be much help in dropping the evening ratings. I do wish that I had an alternative to NBC on Tuesday night now.

It's not CBC?