• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MississippiWing

Win This One For....

Rate this topic

You're kidding right? I know a good bit of unemployed people around here, and the last thing they were scraping up money for was one of Illitch's over-priced tickets. Seriously, that's a pretty ridiculous statement right there.

If the Red Wings organization gave a damn about the people of Detroit, they would have lowered ticket prices in light of Michigan's economy, and maybe they would have given away some tickets to all those "unemployed fans". They didn't do either.

Win it so these lovelies can go home

For a Caps fan:

1) Who respects how Detroit plays the game (i.e. pure class and skill) and hopes the Caps can one day have a similar franchise where people stay for less money due to the quality of the organization.

2) Who detests your opponents (Crosby is not regularly voted the biggest whiner in the NHL by his fellow players without reason).

3) Who detests your opponents' fans (they swamp other teams' message boards, gloat regularly, and are all around abnoxious). I recall a Pens fan on this board a few weeks ago complaining about calls in the Carolina series (Pens fans have no right to whine about penalties and why post that here in an unrelated series?).

4) Who living in DC is now in a similar boat of a sports town with little chance of any other sports title (Snyder's Skins, the Natinals, and last place Wiz are not inspiring confidence) and hopes Detroit can have some semblance of good fortune this year.

Good luck!

f_258Trollsprm_2ccc2b2.jpg

Tazke your negativity elsewhere you nasty pig.

not that i agree with everything... but he/she is spot on about ticket prices

top of this page there is a link to the "spun" idea that they lowered prices across the board for the regular buyers.... i suggest you read it

i believe it

win it for dicksmack

:lol:

ya! win it for deeznuts too....god i gotta figure out how to change my name. :clown:

i'd like the wings to win it for hossa obviously...but also for helm. he can be the first nhl player in history to have 2 cups before a rookie season. and he has the record for goals in the playorrs before a rookie season too.

and win it for every hockey fan that hates bettman!

You suck.

Yeah well, I'm speaking the truth. You don't get it, because YOU DON'T LIVE HERE!

Sure I'm a Pens fan, but I am also a Michigander.

Defending Mike Ilitch and his greedy actions is next to impossible, which is why the only thing you can come up with is to call me a troll and tell me I suck.

Getting all sentimental and saying "win it for Detroit" or "win it for the unemployed" is just ridiculous. I remember people saying the same thing a few months back when the Spartans went to the NCAA finals. The Wings winning the Cup won't bring jobs here. It won't provide an economic boost. It won't clean up the city. And it won't make everybody's homes increase in value.

Maybe it will make everyone forget about the serious problems in this area for a bit, and you know...that would be kind of nice. But in the end, it is still just a hockey game and it doesn't solve anything. That isn't negativity, Mickey, that's reality.

Go back to Disneyland and have a good time.

Yeah well, I'm speaking the truth. You don't get it, because YOU DON'T LIVE HERE!

Defending Mike Ilitch and his greedy actions is next to impossible, which is why the only thing you can come up with is to call me a troll and tell me I suck.

Getting all sentimental and saying "win it for Detroit" or "win it for the unemployed" is just ridiculous. I remember people saying the same thing a few months back when the Spartans went to the NCAA finals. The Wings winning the Cup won't bring jobs here. It won't provide an economic boost. It won't clean up the city. And it won't make everybody's homes increase in value.

Maybe it will make everyone forget about the serious problems in this area for a bit, and you know...that would be kind of nice. But in the end, it is still just a hockey game and it doesn't solve anything. That isn't negativity, Mickey, that's reality.

Up yours, douchebag. Just because my parents moved away from Mt. Clemens when I was in high school doesn't mean I don't have any input in the matter. You are a piece of crap and no one wants your wet blanket attitude. There's enough pessimism and complaining on this board from real Wings fans without trolls like you laying turds on everyone else who is trying to have a good time and talk about their hockey team.

- Win it for Mr Hockey who's been having probably the worst year of his life without his wife.

- Win it for Hossa who cares more about the Cup than money and proved it.

- Win it for Ozzie who can silence his critics with another Cup to his resume.

- Win it for the city of Detroit that needs something to get their minds off of the economy

- Win it for yourselves because you deserve it

:champs:

Nicely, nicely put! I bolded the last one because that would have been my (first) choice too. They have earned it. (And ohboy, does Detroit need it!) And then I'd suggest Lils and Vladdy too. :)

Win it so these lovelies can go home

Well, there's a chance that my home is on your street. I might be the guy sitting next to you at a Wings game next year. Just because I'm a Pens fan, doesn't make me an a-hole.

for my wife who had surgery yesterday.. we'll be watching tonight.. GO WINGS! A cup win is the best medicine!

Here's to the very best kind of recovery for your wife and healing and peace for both you.

Go, Red Wings!!

not that i agree with everything... but he/she is spot on about ticket prices

top of this page there is a link to the "spun" idea that they lowered prices across the board for the regular buyers.... i suggest you read it

I did not say he was wrong about anything specific, I just don't like him, and was simply pointing out that he is a troll and I want him to go away. As for the ticket prices, if I still lived in the Detroit area, I would pay whatever the price was to go to a Wings game. As it is, I've only been able to go to 1 Wings game every 2 years, in Tampa and in Raleigh when I lived in SC, and on 2 of those occasions, I was between jobs and had to scrape the money together not only for the tickets but for the trip. The Red Wings winning the Cup again isn't going to change anything, but it has the potential to make people feel better, at least for a little while, and what is so awful about that that people like that tampon have to piss all over it.

Well, there's a chance that my home is on your street. I might be the guy sitting next to you at a Wings game next year. Just because I'm a Pens fan, doesn't make me an a-hole.

No, your comments and trolling and your efforts to make people miserable like you make you an a-hole.

You know, you and your righteous indignation about what's happening in Michigan couldn't be more misplaced. First off, you deliberately chose to come on a thread that was meant to be positive to spew your bile about what's actually happening everywhere, with everything.

Do you see prices going down on anything? ANYTHING? I think not. This is a sick economy, run by greedmasters in all facets of it. People are losing jobs, healthcare, homes and it doesn't seem to matter. Prices continue to go up on everything. Everywhere.

So why don't you take your faux focused, holier-than-thou attitude and say, maybe go on the attack against Guerin for his stupid, so-provincial, literal stance next to that BBQ place in Whereverland? At least it would be one small step for mankind in the right direction.

Edited by Vladifan

WTH are you even posting here, especially in this thread. Seems like someone is afraid. Go back to your hole with your whiney assed owner Mario LePew!!

No, your comments and trolling and your efforts to make people miserable like you make you an a-hole.

Well, I'm not trying to make anyone miserable, Mickey. I was commenting on the absurdity of "win it for the unemployed". You see, I have friends and neighbors who are having a hard time putting food on the table right now. Some have already lost their homes. I live the Michigan life every single day, and I see it worsening. To link these things to a hockey game, and insinuate that people without jobs are using their savings for Wings tickets is insulting.

A Wings win tonight might be uplifting to my community, and that would most certainly be a good thing. I won't be crying if the Pens lose. I will feel happy for the people around me.

The only one acting like a troll or a "******" here is you, Mickey.

Well again, a lot of you blowhards don't live anywhere near Michigan. There's a great possibility that I watch and attend twice as many Wings games as you. So in my mind, you're all really just a bunch of posers.

None of you have had anything intelligent to say anyhow. Just jabs and insults.

Well again, a lot of you blowhards don't live anywhere near Michigan. There's a great possibility that I watch and attend twice as many Wings games as you. So in my mind, you're all really just a bunch of posers.

we can all thank another troll pens fan for ruining a nice topic between WINGS FANS. every topic has been turned into a bulls*** argument with some ******* that's just trying to start s***.

i hope the wings win to wash away all the trolls from "LETS GO WINGS"

you should have been beat as a child

I grew up there, you ignorant pus brain. Like most of the people on here that do not live in the area, we have some ties to Detroit. If you had read any of my other posts, you would know that I did in fact have something intelligent to say, for example, Detroit does not have a monopoly on economic crisis. Things are bad everywhere. Here in Florida the housing market is just as bad as it is anywhere else in the country, and people here are out of work too. I am fortunate enough to have a job that pays the bills, but just barely. My point was and is that I am sick of people like you whose only source of pleasure or self-validation seems to be raining on other people's parade. Win or lose, there will be Red Wings fans in Michigan and elsewhere that are going to wake up tomorrow and have to face the same reality that they did this morning, LET THEM ENJOY WHAT MAKES THEM HAPPY.

No Intelligence? says the man who roots for the Pens.

Win it so the tool fans of Pittsburgh can cry with their captain again.

Edited by RedLightGoesOn

Dude did someone beat you with a rubber hose mister puck? If so they should have. This was meant to be a positive thread. Your are just downright and damn ignorant if you think that any of us that say "win it for the unemployed" say it because we believe that would create jobs. I mean c'mon dude don't be a tool. We say that because if they are Wings fans, it's at least a temporary distraction. No I don't live in Detroit, but I live in the poorest state in the union so I don't give a damn about you and your high horse "you don't understand cuz your not a michigander" attitude. The Wings winning the Cup will give a lot of fans all over the country that are all facing the same bulls*** economy we are all facing a few days at least to enjoy the win and celebrate the Cup.