• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 7 GDT: Penguins 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

So how long before the Pens get called for something?

We had 2 PP's at the end of the last game and couldn't capitalize. Say what you want about the refs but they gave us the chances in the last game to tie it up.

I'm sure we'll get our chance sometime, we just have to be able to execute properly.

Great Opening, unfortunatly the penalty really killed us.

No one seems to be picking up on this. The Wings were absolutely owning up until that point. Then they got gassed, and then the Pens' fresh-legged roleplayers magically found that extra gear.

This isn't rocket science.

Geez, am I the only one who doesnt think the Wings played bad that period? Hossa looks good, we had probably the two best chances of the game, we are skating pretty good and yeah we got out shot, but only by 4 and they had a PP.

We also seem to get better as the games go on.

LETS GO WINGS!!!!

The Pens carried the play WAY too much for my liking in the second half of that period. If we get a goal, I think we'll start taking over. But, we have to get some frickin scoring chances. What's up with taking the puck to the side? CRASH THE NET! GOOD THINGS HAPPEN!

One of the best 1st periods the Wings have played in this series. A bit too much time in the defensive end by the 3rd line especially, but we're creating some good chances offensively.

Fleury seems to have woken up on right side though.

Wings need to score on their chances. Filppula probably would have if not for that hook by Malkin. Thanks for that non-call btw refs.

Lebda, has there ever been a man with less offensive ability? The guy wouldn't know how to get the puck to the goalie if his life depended on it.

And I hate to say this, but Lidstrom looks so slow. The injury is really affecting him.

You all are nuts. That was a great first period. All Wings until the penalty (deserved) on Stuart. Then it was a great kill for them having possesion the whole time. Their momentum carried over about a minute from the PK, but then Detroit turned it on again. Then the Pens had a little push at the end. Its 0-0 and 2 periods left to play, that period is history, forget about it like the wings will

Good period and way too many pessimistic whiners here. ONe of the better 1st periods for our team. Ozzies been solid, great team defense to stuff the Pens best chances, we're out hustling them on the boards, and roughing them up including a couple Kronwallers. As a whole a pretty even period, though if you count our shots that missed the net and where blocked we'd be out shooting them 2-1. Datsyuk and Z pretty much guarantee puck control or the shutting down of any Penguin they face, and Hossa's also looking great though it took him a bit to find his stride.

Keep Ericsson with Lidstrom, and have some of our depth guys show up and we'll be fine even if the Wings don't get better which as history shows us the Wings will as the game goes on.

Also, just call one interference on Orprick and Gill mugging guys away from the puck anywhere within a mile of Flower refs puh-lease. Not every time they do it just once to maybe force them to play legal D.

Guest mindfly

The longer the games goes 0-0 it favours the pens because they will grasp the opportunity, the wings need the first goal to get going i think...

Geez, am I the only one who doesnt think the Wings played bad that period? Hossa looks good, we had probably the two best chances of the game, we are skating pretty good and yeah we got out shot, but only by 4 and they had a PP.

We also seem to get better as the games go on.

LETS GO WINGS!!!!

I agree with the most of your post but this is not the level of the Wings you look forward to in the LAST GAME OF THE SEASON. Besides, the Wings played great in the beginning of the period to the 10 minutes of the period but since then, the Wings' play was extremely inconsistent.

Ease up, the only penalty the pens got is a black and white one. The refs are swallowing their whistles for both teams.

I'm not flipping out, and I agree with the call on Stuart (hence me saying, "******* stupid, Brad").

But the Pens got away with at least two that period. And magically, they get the first PP again and wreck the Wings' momentum. Just sayin'...

Lebda, has there ever been a man with less offensive ability? The guy wouldn't know how to get the puck to the goalie if his life depended on it.

And I hate to say this, but Lidstrom looks so slow. The injury is really affecting him.

I would agree with this. When ever lebda skates the puck into the zone, the puck is generally coming back to our zone 5 seconds later. I really don't like lebda.

And Lids just doesn't look very good out there.

Guest mindfly

Oh yes, the team who scores first win the cup.. you heard it here first.