• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kherty

Out with the old --- in with the new!

Rate this topic

Doesn't anybody see the writing on the wall here?

We have some of the brightest young talent in the league. It's time for the veterans to hang up their skates and make room for the youngsters that have more "hunger" to win these series?

I predict next years team will have a much YOUNGER feel?

<_<

Hossa - gone

We have Abdelk, Helm, Leino, Erics etc. etc....bring them on!

Edited by kherty

No, Red Wings are the better team. Hopefully Bettman won't favor crysby and Pen(i)s next year. We were shafted on the icing goal.

Edited by Snazzy

Sorry but Draper and Maltby aren't going anywhere.

and they shouldn't - Drapes gives us a HUGE boost in faceoff % and he's pretty fast (surrrrre, not as fast as Hurricane Helm, but fast) - Malts is a tried and tested grinder

No, Red Wings are the better team. Hopefully Bettman won't favor crysby and Pen(i)s next year. We were shafted on the icing goal.

Icing or not hte Wings showed no heart until the goal with 6 minutes left. Thats what lost them the game. That and Stuarts big bet on Pittsburgh. Holmstrom needs to be done. The NHL game has passed him. He completed twice as many passes to the Pens than to Wings today. Hopefully Sammy is gone as well. Hudler has been basically gone since the conference finals.

bye bye hossa, maltby, and homer. Too bad drapes wont be traded, i know if he retires his salary still counts. Bring in Gator, keep helm Lieno and Erricson. Wouldnt mind a trade, like a really good penalty killer seeing as how we sucked so bad at that. D could use some tinckering too...

Edited by Probie

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Cleary

Franzen - Filppula - Hudler

Samuelsson - Helm - Leino

Draper - Abdelkader – Kopecky

Hossa: Failed to show up when it mattered most. Goalless for the last 8 games are you serious?

Maltby: No longer required.

Holmstrom: The decline has been astonishingly quick.

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Ericsson - Kronwall

Stuart - Lebda

Holmstrom, Huds and Hossa all sucked....

Drapes wins face offs, but is that enought to justify?

Malts is done...Cheli, etc.

bye bye hossa, maltby, and homer. Too bad drapes wont be traded, i know if he retires his salary still counts. Bring in Gator, keep helm Lieno and Erricson. Wouldnt mind a trade, like a really good penalty killer seeing as how we sucked so bad at that. D could use some tinckering too...

The team needs new blood. We got really far considering the team hardly changed. But it was pretty obvious there was no hunger this year. I kind of feel like the Wings very pretty lazy all year, the polar opposite of the 2008 team. We need to keep the core, but yes, Draper, Maltby, etc need to be gone and some new guys brought in to complement the Black Aces.

The Penguins are cap f***ed for next year. Hopefully their players don't sign for less. The Wings had a pretty easy road to the finals though, minus Anaheim. The chances aren't good to make the finals again :(

The team needs new blood. We got really far considering the team hardly changed. But it was pretty obvious there was no hunger this year. I kind of feel like the Wings very pretty lazy all year, the polar opposite of the 2008 team. We need to keep the core, but yes, Draper, Maltby, etc need to be gone and some new guys brought in to complement the Black Aces.

Eactly I watched atleast 70 games during the reg season and every playoff game. They theought they were the s***, and lacked drive and motivation. Playing hard only when they had their ass to the fire. They had more talent this year, but were not the same team as last year. They need tinkering.....

I forgot to add Sammy to my list of guys that shouldnt return. We need someone else as a right handed shot on the second powerplay unit. Sammy sucks, and turning 33 we shouldnt reward him with a fat contract that keeps him for years when the kids should play....

Our fourth line dragged us down this year.

and they shouldn't - Drapes gives us a HUGE boost in faceoff % and he's pretty fast (surrrrre, not as fast as Hurricane Helm, but fast) - Malts is a tried and tested grinder
I agree however they both had a horrible regular season (especially Draper). Malts definitely stepped up for the playoffs.

The Penguins are cap f***ed for next year. Hopefully their players don't sign for less. The Wings had a pretty easy road to the finals though, minus Anaheim. The chances aren't good to make the finals again :(

Eactly if they were to keep all their D together, that means they have to lose 3 forward like Guerin, Kunitz and Sykora, and replace them with min salary players. No depth. Bruins, WIngs and SHarks will all Vie for the cup next year, Pitts are done....

We've been to the Finals 2 years in a row, so I don't know how much better we can get.

What makes it so disappointing is realizing how hard it is to get there again. I don't know what the Wings will do next year.

I know we'll make the playoffs and have a good regular season, but to get back to 3 wins in the Finals is going to be hard again.

OK, just tell me where the hell these young players with "hunger" are! 'Cause they sure as s*** didn't show up tonight. As a matter of fact, at least one "hungry" player put the puck on Talbot's stick right in front of the goal. Please don't start with the "get rid of the old guys" crap, because the "kids" ain't doing it. Unless you look back and mean handing the puck to the other team in front of the goal. It takes veterans to teach the young players. Changes need to be made, no doubt. Some old AND some young players need to be moving along and if you really want to be serious, Nick should be thinking long and hard about what he wants to do, too.

Dont you means the Sharks will vie for teh 2nd round.

Yeah I know they always choke, but you cant keep that up forever. They are going to tinker with their team, and who knows they might get it right sooner then later...the three teams I mentioned next year will be the three strongest.

We need to get the young guys up and Draper, Maltby and Sammy out before the latter instill a sense of complacency in the hungry young guns.

I personally think the Wings stand the best shot in the league at returnign to the Finals next year. But there needs to be tinkering. Not an overhaul, but tinkering, yes.

Helm and Ericcson are sure as hell going to be hungry next year after coming so close and having it taken away from them.