• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Mark Bell

Rate this topic

Here's a blast from the past. Remember a couple years ago when Mark Bell was the hot name on the boards?

After being convicted of a hit and run, working in a California prison for 6 months as a result, being fined by the NHL, suspended 15 games, spending an unconvincing year with the Marlies, being placed by waivers, claimed by the Rangers, and never making it to an NHL game this past season, he is finally a free agent.

Call me crazy, but I think the Wings should take a gamble on Bell. I can't imagine many teams will be clamoring for his services, and I'm betting that his goal right now would simply be to garner a few offers during free agency, but I think this is the type of guy that the Wings organization could turn around, and turn back into a serviceable player.

Considering they've given guys like McCarty and Cleary a second chance, despite Mac having substance abuse issues, and Cleary having attitude issues, I think Bell could be the Wings new pet project at a reasonable 500k. He'd be a decent finisher on the Wing of Helm's line.

Oh MAN do I remember that love he was getting on here!! It funny to think about.

Could be interesting, but there are other UFA's that are not as risky that I'd look at first if I were the Red Wings.

Dude, Hell yah, Mark Bell would be a player i would take a gamble on for sure. If he pays off, he could be a 20/20 scorer.. I imagine he wasn't mentally ready for last year to begin with.. this year. im sure he'll be a little more ready.

if noone takes a chance on him you give him a non roster invite much like Danny got and tell him you play hard and committed you may just get a contract/roster spot

IF he has his head together it would be money better spent than either Malts or Kopecky...........Malts used to be one of my favorite players but man he has really fallen off the last couple of years.

The last thing we need is more bottom 6 guys.

Bottom 6 guys is what we need. We have top six guys and a salary cap issue. We need players to fill out lines 3 and 4 for cheap. I'm not saying that Mark Bell is necessarily the guy, but salaries at these numbers are what is needed.