• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

XxGoWingsxX

Goodbye Cheli Thread.

Rate this topic

Chelly is a great player and was a great Red Wing. I'm very happy that he played for Detroit for all these years and has won 2 Stanley Cups with them. I wish him the best of luck but I really wished he would retire this off-season as a Detroit Red Wing. Take Care Chelly.

He still might retire folks. I know he said he doesn't plan on it, but what else can he do if nobody signs him? I don't see him jumping ship to play in the Euro leagues. He's North American through and through. He and Modano are practically the faces of hockey in the US.

I, for one, will miss his leadership, his determination, his work ethic, and yes his competitive nature.

I respect his hockey skills, knowledge, conditioning level, and love of the great game of hockey.

I appreciate his contributions over the past decade, especially during the Cup winning years.

I will not miss his aging stride, questionable shot selection, or his overall deteriorating skills on the ice.

The mind is willing, but the body no longer is able... despite being a total fitness freak.

I expect Chelios to become a coach, eventually. Perhaps even a NHL coach.. I believe he has the knowledge to succeed as one.

Despite my respect for the man, and admiration for the athlete, time has simple caught up to him.

chelios.jpg

I still wish him the best (except against the Wings) wherever he goes.