• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Systemfel

2009 NHL Entry Draft GDT

Rate this topic

PS: Rodger Ebert basically begged his readers not to watch Transformers 2, apparently it's the movie equivalent of getting raped.

First one was not very good to begin with. Now talking about getting raped, go see "Crank: High Voltage".

Damn..... would have liked to see Carter Ashton or Landon Ferraro... I can't even watch tomorrow :(

ahh there goes Ashton... too bad but meh can't really complain I guess

3 spots for a 3rd rounder...

Edited by skacore

Why doubt the VERY BEST last round draft team in NHL history...I mean, Zetty, Pavel, Lids, Homer...need I say more. The second round is early for the Wings. They probably have some unknown prospect who no one has ever seen skate besides the Wings :)

Anyone else pissed they watched the whole damn thing just to see Detroit trade their pick?

(yes it was a smart move, but we better get Rajala out of this)

Or a draft thats comparable to 2003. But whatever.

Nah, this one is pretty weak... You can tell the strength of a draft class by how many players (usually numbers 1-15 on the rankings) have more "pros" then "cons" in the scouts analysis. This year the ones with more pros then cons only lasted through #8

Again, Nill has been quoted as saying that there is little to give between #15-#35 in terms of prospect talent.

It's obvious that the Wings value a #32 pick as much as a #29. Plus they get an extra 2nd rounder.

I have absolutely no problem with this.

The only thing that's annoying is that we have to wait until tomorrow before the Wings take their first skater.

I guess it's not that bad of a trade.

We only go from the 29th to the 32nd and we also get 75th.

Tampa really wanted Ashton. And they just got him.

Nah, this one is pretty weak... You can tell the strength of a draft class by how many players (usually numbers 1-15 on the rankings) have more "pros" then "cons" in the scouts analysis. This year the ones with more pros then cons only lasted through #8

I'm pretty sure I'll stick with Jim Nill's opinion over yours.

Damn..... would have liked to see Carter Ashton or Landon Ferraro... I can't even watch tomorrow :(

ahh there goes Ashton... too bad but meh can't really complain I guess

3 spots for a 4th rounder...

3rd rounder, but yeah. Seems dumb. Except I trust the Red Wings scouts more than the scouts of any other team in the league. If they traded down it's because they know they can afford to move down to 32nd without losing their man. And apparently they believe in this kid so much that they're willing to skip a guy who was projected to go in the top 20.