• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingfan1991

Chris Pronger traded to Philly

Rate this topic

Philly got raped! They gave up way too much for a guy the will probably only have for one year. Like someone said before they have given up virtually 3 first round picks(Sbisa-1st round last year) Yes Pronger will make their D much better, but I guarantee they won't win the cup next year. In the cap world you can't give up picks like that.

How did Philly get raped? They got the best player in the deal, and Lupul is a shell of a player - a lazy player at that - who makes 4M+ to stink up the arena with soft play and mediocrity. It was basically a salary dump, and as we all know, two LATE 1st rounders don't guarantee anything.

This is what Philly needs to plow through the East. A top 3 of Pronger, Timmonen, and Coburn is sick, and they've got the two-way talen in Richards, Giroux, and Gagne, among others to boot. If Emery holds up his end of the deal, they're easily the team to beat now.

Philly got raped! They gave up way too much for a guy the will probably only have for one year. Like someone said before they have given up virtually 3 first round picks(Sbisa-1st round last year) Yes Pronger will make their D much better, but I guarantee they won't win the cup next year. In the cap world you can't give up picks like that.

Not to mention they still have to shed A LOT of salary!!

Great deal for Philly short-term.... terrible deal long term... massive overpayment... If he signs an extension it eases the pain, if they win a Cup nobody cares....

With beating the Ducks this year in the playoffs and them losing Pronger, my hate for them has subsided considerably.....

I like the Flyers and I hope they find success next season with this addition

i honestly love this. i think this makes me hate the flyers, but my god is this good for the wings. lets see how the pens deal with going through the nastiest cheapshot artist on their playoff run and stay healthy.

That makes you hate them? Not their team culture? Not their fans (who make NY fans look like aristocrats)? Not the rest of the cheapshot artists on their team? Not their history as a cheapshot factory that gleefully injures everything around them?

Not the tasty Philly Cheese Steak that lures you into obesity with sweet sweet cheesy meat?

Not to mention they still have to shed A LOT of salary!!

Um, no they don't. Oh noes! Philly added 1.25M in salary in the deal!

If Rathje stays on LTIR, then they have 52.5M tied up in 17 players. God forbid, they only have 5M to sign a 7th Dman, a back-up goalie, two 4th liners, and a 13th forward.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

That makes you hate them? Not their team culture? Not their fans (who make NY fans look like aristocrats)? Not the rest of the cheapshot artists on their team? Not their history as a cheapshot factory that gleefully injures everything around them?

Not the tasty Philly Cheese Steak that lures you into obesity with sweet sweet cheesy meat?

drooling-homer.gif

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Sometimes it works out. It was hilarious when they booed Mrs. "I can see Russia from my house."

Boston fans have been worse in my experience.

Sometimes it works out. It was hilarious when they booed Mrs. "I can see Russia from my house."

Boston fans have been worse in my experience.

The fact that Palin is considered a candidate for the 2012 elections by many republican circles makes democrats around the US giddy.

I hate the freakin flyers. They try to come off as the broadstreet bullies but then they get owned by the Pens every year. i mean come on if you wanna be feared you gotta be able to beat your rivals SOMETIMES. It's good that Pronger is there to beat up on Cindy and ***** ass but you know as soon as he looks at either one he's goin to the box so it's not really gonna work out that way. Hopefully he will injure Cindy and end his season though. That's harsh but that dude has pulled so much ***** s*** it'll be justice. GO PRONGER! YOURE A TERRIBLE PERSON!

Isn't this the second time Pronger has been traded for Lupul?

That's just wacky...

ya hahaha funny...

intresting quote from Murray..."I would have traded Pronger even without Niedermayer's return"

You know what my favorite part about this is?

Now Crosby and Malkin have to deal with Pronger in the playoffs.

exactly what i was thinking :D

they will get to see a whole lot of pronger in the regular season too!!

What if Perry is no longer a duck? Would 90% of the hatred go away? For me, it's mostly Chrissy and Pewwy.

That's a great point. Those two morons were the source of my hatred also. To be honest, I often find myself marveling at Getzlaf. The guy's awesome and is only going to get better.

You know what my favorite part about this is?

Now Crosby and Malkin have to deal with Pronger in the playoffs.

Exactly! My first thoughts as well. Kind of gives you a nice warm fuzzy feeling doesn't it?

Pronger is going to freaking dominate in the East. Now if only the Flyers can learn to actually play well he should bolster their defense a lot. I wonder if he can take them from second gooniest team in the league to first?