• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

egroen

Holland confirms that Hudler will play in KHL

Rate this topic

It's a good thing Holland kept his witts about him, and didn't upset you by not offering Hudler a "fair" deal...That and the fact that you know more about Hudler's abilities than coach Babcock.

In other words -- I don't have the proper credentials to post my opinions on a Red Wings message board?

In other words -- I don't have the proper credentials to post my opinions on a Red Wings message board?

isn't it obvious? If you have a different opinion about someone's "player" it sucks and you don't know what you are talking about. Much like when I say I don't like Hudler, the Hudler-lovers tell me my opinion stinks, and thats fine, thats their opinion that he is good, do I balst them personally because they like him? No, I try to explain things but I "should try humility." But its ok for the same people to blast Hossa for not taking 50% of his market worth to stay here.

You are wrong for your Support of Hudler getting a fair contract and I am wrong for my lack of support for Hudler. Sometimes I don't even know why we bother, oh thats right, because its a public forum where you can post your personal opinions on things! If we wanted to go to a forum where all you read is how awesome your team is and how all players should come here and never leave and when they do, they suck, they are backstabbers, and everyone agreed with everyone... we would go to LetsGoPens.

I am glad Hudler is gone, but would I have been happy if he would have signed a cap friendly contract? Yes, but $5M U.S. Tax FREE? You'd have to be an idiot to not take that! He wasn't gtting that from ANYONE in the NHL...

Wow!, whats the NHL compensation for signing for $5M if say the Isles would've signed him for that?

Edited by LeftWinger

im kinda inbetween on this one. jiri can have a fantastic future but maybe he could still improve some. what i liked about him is that he was a great source of energy and enthusiasm for the team. not saying that its all gonna be lost cause we got helm and ville and abdelkader.. team has definately started its shift for younger kids.

best of luck happy hudler

Sooooo....damn, I have to buy a new jersey! Errrrrr................. :ranting:

Not if he is gonna come back when there is more Cap...

of course you didn't say your were getting rid of #26, just getting a new one for next year...

Hmmmm, whose would be cool to have, without getting the obvious....Hmmmmm.... How about Helm?

Nothing wrong with an Yzerman, Shanahan, or Probert sweater

Those will never go out of style!

Guest Shoreline

Good luck to Jiri. I probably won't understand why he left but nonetheless I appreciate his services which helped lead to at least one cup win. Will be interesting to see what Kenny does.

Well you did want me to elaborate - didn't you?

I thought perhaps it had to do with one of my points -- as opposed to "You aren't an NHL GM or coach, neeener neener neener!!!"

As a Hudler supporter it feels kinda weird to say that I'm glad he's gone. I wasn't thrilled with what I saw from him in the playoffs. Especially after the Brown hit. I just don't think Hudler addresses enough of the teams needs to warrant a long term deal. Bu-bye.

Actually it does involve your points...The point that you'd be upset if Holland/Babcock did/didn't do what you thought was right was humorous.

Yes, guilty as charged... I am a Red Wings fan who likes to play armchair GM. HAR HAR HAR!

A quick farwell to little Huds, I'll miss you getting rocked worse than any other Red Wing in recent memory:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object> &">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object> &" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Two words: Tomas Kopecky

Everyone, EVERYONE, laughed when that meatball would get knocked down by a gust of wind.

I sure wasn't laughing when his face was knocked in during the playoffs.

I don't see how those injuries are funny.

Dude, the deal is done. Hudler is gone.

You're not understanding. Huds is gone for THIS YEAR. What's to prevent him from taking his nice, shiny frontloaded contract money in year 1 and coming back to Detroit next year? If anything, that sounds like the perfect situation for Huds. Detroit will still have his rights and arbitration should proceed as it normally would. Detroit can just accept that contract and hold onto his rights.

It puts Detroit in a decent spot in the sense that they can build their team this year knowing that they'll have a decent guy coming in when they have a little more space, and Huds can get top icetime somewhere else and maybe it'll improve his confidence and he can bring that back with him. It's basically like using the KHL as a non-affiliated, better AHL. I bet Holland isn't too disappointed.

You're not understanding. Huds is gone for THIS YEAR. What's to prevent him from taking his nice, shiny frontloaded contract money in year 1 and coming back to Detroit next year? If anything, that sounds like the perfect situation for Huds. Detroit will still have his rights and arbitration should proceed as it normally would. Detroit can just accept that contract and hold onto his rights.

It puts Detroit in a decent spot in the sense that they can build their team this year knowing that they'll have a decent guy coming in when they have a little more space, and Huds can get top icetime somewhere else and maybe it'll improve his confidence and he can bring that back with him. It's basically like using the KHL as a non-affiliated, better AHL. I bet Holland isn't too disappointed.

It would be nice if Hudler was awarded $3.5m in arbitration -- improves a bunch in the KHL and comes back in a year or two at that price tag.

I obviously think Hudler is the bees' knees, but even I find it a little crazy he's being offered the equivalent of a $7-8m salary by NHL standards, from a league with a barely a quarter of the NHL's revenues.

Good to know there are people who enjoy their own players getting hurt.

What a world.

First, I don't have any ownership in the team, so they aren't my players. Secondly, the Brown hit was cheap and I cringed, but Huds was admiring his pass in the Phaneuf hit so he gets what's coming to him on that one.

First, I don't have any ownership in the team, so they aren't my players. Secondly, the Brown hit was cheap and I cringed, but Huds was admiring his pass in the Phaneuf hit so he gets what's coming to him on that one.

There's a hilarious youtube of Jiri Fischer almost dieing on the ice... you should post that one next time someone says something positive about him. Just for giggles.

There's a hilarious youtube of Jiri Fischer almost dieing on the ice... you should post that one next time someone says something positive about him. Just for giggles.

Hudler getting jacked up, and people posting them after he defects to the KHL, is the same as a fan favorite almost dieing on the ice, and who has constantly said he'd give anything to get back in Detroit despite it not being possible? Thats not cool at all.

Hudler getting jacked up, and people posting them after he defects to the KHL, is the same as a fan favorite almost dieing on the ice, and who has constantly said he'd give anything to get back in Detroit despite it not being possible? Thats not cool at all.

Yes. Exactly the same.

Jesus Christ.

... Or maybe the point is you do not rub peoples' faces into s***, no matter what the degree of 'foul' it is.

That was NOT funny or clever. Seriously dude, wtf?! That was awful.

5 million tax free versus 3 million taxed...financially Hudler made the right decision.

The thing that gets me is that the message was sent in the filing for arbitration that he wanted to stay here. That was what Holland based the whole off-season off of. He was going to let everybody walk and throw all he had at Jiri to keep him around. Had Hudler made it known that he wasn't going to stay they could have kept Sammy for 2.0 million I bet. Oh well its all in the past.

Good luck to you Jiri, enjoy Russia, I highly doubt I'll ever get to watch you play agian because I don't see you coming back to the NHL.

That was NOT funny or clever. Seriously dude, wtf?! That was awful.

Did you even get it?

Manluv: Your "ownership" has nothing to do with it. He was a Red Wing until just recently, and you seem to find it okay for someone to go around admiring incidents where that player got hurt.

It is the same thing as Pens fans admiring one of Hossa's injuries during the offseason just after him signing with Detroit. It is childish and pathetic.