• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Scorers and Grinders still available

Rate this topic

it's a misnomer to say he didn't play in the playoffs as well, he played almost every game against philly, two games against washington and would have played two against us but was injured in game seven.

Pittsburgh fans do not seem too upset at the prospect of him leaving (at any price)... Hudler may have been primarily offense, but he was on the incline, not the decline and he played with heart, going to the net and worked his ass off in corners and checking (despite how ineffectual he was at times) -- I would like to see at least one positive intangible from a one-way offensive forward. Sykora has none. At least a Bertuzzi has size.

Pittsburgh fans do not seem too upset at the prospect of him leaving (at any price)... Hudler may have been primarily offense, but he was on the incline, not the decline and he played with heart, going to the net and worked his ass off in corners and checking (despite how ineffectual he was at times) -- I would like to see at least one positive intangible from a one-way offensive forward. Sykora has none. At least a Bertuzzi has size.

I couldn't agree with you more, egroen. I liked Hudler, he had style and he was getting more awesome all the time. Letting a little guy like him try to grind with the big boys, though, is just ruining the ice with his ass hitting it so much. It's time to knock other teams asses to the ice. 'Tuzzi brings a presence with him, as well as some baggage, but he can play and he can hit.

in a role like Huds had yes i think if he played top line minutes against the better stronger lines he'd be to much of a risk for injury

in all likely-ness its not going to happen but i think he'd be just as good as an option as Lang or Bert if we were looking for some more scoring

wow. To each his own. :)

I think we should take a look at the black dude that used to play for the Sharkies, can't remember his name, I think he was from Motown. If not him then I'd go for Peca then Big Bert. I can't believe those are our best options imo, thats some slim pickenz. I still like our team alot going into next year. We may score less goals, but I think we are going to get back to a tighter checking defensive game like 08 and be better prepared for playoff hockey.

I think we should take a look at the black dude that used to play for the Sharkies, can't remember his name, I think he was from Motown. If not him then I'd go for Peca then Big Bert. I can't believe those are our best options imo, thats some slim pickenz. I still like our team alot going into next year. We may score less goals, but I think we are going to get back to a tighter checking defensive game like 08 and be better prepared for playoff hockey.

Grier. That's who I'm thinking, too. He's the only player anyone has mentioned that really doesn't have any downside at all.

so when we signed sammy and cleary post lockout you had no doubt that they would find success with the wings then?

Apples and oranges my man... They were young when brought in with a tag of underachiever... You are talking about bringing in old men with a steady decline...