• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Red Wings look toward the post-Chris Osgood era

Rate this topic

Goalie Prospects  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest mindfly
I havent seen him so I have a question: do you think he is NHL ready now? I mean if they decide Howard isn't working out is bringing up Larsson a possibility this year? Or will they have to look for a free agent? I mean obviously I hope Howard does well but you never know.

Simply put, he's imo a better goalie than howard, but i know how much the wings management value experience/loyalty, they feel howard has been pro for longer time, is two years older, and want to give him a shot to see if they must trade/waive him..kinda risky if you ask me but hey

If howard fail, like really epic fail, they will look for an experienced backup come the trade deadline, they still feel they can develop larsson 1 or 2 more years

Edited by mindfly

If we had Luongo instead of Ozzie we probably would have had 60+ wins in the regular season and a second round exit in the playoffs (also one less big salary in front of him to make room for his 6.75 million dollar salary).

I'm pretty happy with where we are at right now, all 4 of our prospects have a good shot at being a quality goalie and we still have Osgood for a little bit more.

Simply put, he's imo a better goalie than howard, but i know how much the wings management value experience/loyalty, they feel howard has been pro for longer time, is two years older, and want to give him a shot to see if they must trade/waive him..kinda risky if you ask me but hey

How is it risky to go with the guy who's got more experience?

Guest mindfly

because larsson is a better goalie but they still go with howard just because he's older and he's "next in line" so to speak.... not every team does that.

Enter Osgood.

Point being? This is not a "regular season" team. This is a playoff team you fool. Just like Anaheim was.

That is right, because he played BETTER. Against better competition with weaker teammates.

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO HE LOST REGULAR SEASON GAMES!! IF ONLY WE HAD A GOALTENDER THAT HAD A GREAT SAVE PERCENTAGE IN THE REGULAR SEASON BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT IS WHAT WINS THE CUP!!

What about the 08 postseason? When was the last time Osgood flunked out in the postseason with Detroit?

Hurr with an "elite" goaltender we wont have nearly the same assets up front that we do now. Osgood is dirt cheap, we have a lot of cap space for our players, and he does his ******* job. Wins in the regular season, and lights out play in the post-season.

Seriously, just sit down.

I was going to respond to that guy's post, but you did so more thoroughly and spectacularly than I could have hoped.

Both teams repeated with an appearance in the finals and lost down to the wire in game 7. The comparison better end there. We've already seen the Wings "not play hard" during the regular season. Should we now expect behavior that resembles an ugly sense of entitlement? Championship Hangover Disorder.

EDIT: Oh my goodness. Larsson as of this moment is tied with McCollum. I'm shocked.

That's why I said when the Pistons won. Their behavior since is highly un-Winglike.

because larsson is a better goalie but they still go with howard just because he's older and he's "next in line" so to speak.... not every team does that.

the way I understand it is that Howard is out of minor league options and HAS to be on the Wings or they have to give him away for nothing.

Enter Osgood.

Point being? This is not a "regular season" team. This is a playoff team you fool. Just like Anaheim was.

That is right, because he played BETTER. Against better competition with weaker teammates.

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO HE LOST REGULAR SEASON GAMES!! IF ONLY WE HAD A GOALTENDER THAT HAD A GREAT SAVE PERCENTAGE IN THE REGULAR SEASON BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT IS WHAT WINS THE CUP!!

What about the 08 postseason? When was the last time Osgood flunked out in the postseason with Detroit?

Hurr with an "elite" goaltender we wont have nearly the same assets up front that we do now. Osgood is dirt cheap, we have a lot of cap space for our players, and he does his ******* job. Wins in the regular season, and lights out play in the post-season.

Seriously, just sit down.

Win.