• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

40#1Fan

Patrick Kane Arrested

Rate this topic

So why didn't he get an MIP? Hmmm I still thought the drinking age here in the states was 21?

It is. I'm not sure how it works, vis-a-vis getting drunk in Canada where you're legal and then getting arrested when drunk down here where you're not.

It is. I'm not sure how it works, vis-a-vis getting drunk in Canada where you're legal and then getting arrested when drunk down here where you're not.

From what I've seen on this one show on TruTV, nabbing idiot teens on Spring Break in Florida and such, they don't even need to be in possession of alcohol to get charged with MIP. If the cop thinks that they've been drinking, he/she gives them a breathalyzer and if they blow anything more than a zero, they're charged with MIP.

So if Kane took a breathalyzer and it came up with anything other than .000, he should have been charged with MIP.

I never said there was. You clearly missed the point of my post.

No I understood, I was referring more to the person I was originally talking to.

By the way, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, not assault.

Edited by FIBS

No I understood, I was referring more to the person I was originally talking to.

By the way, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, not assault.

Once again, that has nothing to do with what I said. Kane pleaded guilty to those charges, but that wasn't what he was charged with *initially.* He plead guilty to those charges because it was part of his plea agreement in order to drop the initial charges, which included robbery as well as others.

The fact of the matter is you're going to blindly defend Kane with the fact that since there wasn't a video camera in that cab recording their every move, that we should all stop ripping him because we can't 100% say what happened for sure. Don't you realize how ridiculous that sounds? If this happened to any other player on any other team and given not only the evidence against him, but the statements released, I guarantee you'd be jumping on him the same way everyone else is.

Kane Charted in Attack of Buffalo Cabbie

"They broke my glasses, they ripped my clothes ... all over 20 cents," cabdriver Jan Radecki said Sunday when reached by the Tribune at his home, where he said he was recovering from a broken nose.

Radecki said that during the payment dispute, James Kane, who was sitting behind him, "sucker-punched" him. At that point, Radecki said, Patrick Kane began punching him.

" The other one [Patrick] punched me in the head. He says, 'You don't know who you're [expletive] with! You don't know who you're [expletive] with! And he kept pounding and pounding on me," Radecki said, his voice rising to a shout.

A witness saw the attack and called police, Radecki said. He said he initially was leery after picking the two up because they wouldn't immediately give him a destination.

Buffalo police spokesman Michael DeGeorge said the Kanes were charged with second-degree robbery, a Class C felony, and fourth-degree criminal mischief and theft of services, both Class A misdemeanors, and were taken to the Erie County Holding Center.

Sure sounds like he was innocent, huh?

Once again, that has nothing to do with what I said. Kane pleaded guilty to those charges, but that wasn't what he was charged with *initially.* He plead guilty to those charges because it was part of his plea agreement in order to drop the initial charges, which included robbery as well as others.

The fact of the matter is you're going to blindly defend Kane with the fact that since there wasn't a video camera in that cab recording their every move, that we should all stop ripping him because we can't 100% say what happened for sure. Don't you realize how ridiculous that sounds? If this happened to any other player on any other team and given not only the evidence against him, but the statements released, I guarantee you'd be jumping on him the same way everyone else is.

Kane Charted in Attack of Buffalo Cabbie

Sure sounds like he was innocent, huh?

Thats a pretty good peice of evidence, I've never seen that before. This story is confusing. So they jumped him all while in the back seat of a cab? Last time I was in a cab there was no way you could even touch the driver as there is usually some plexiglass between the back and front seats. That article says they were charged with robbery, criminal mischief, and theft? He pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct. This is all after the cabbie locked them in the car. Too many different stories for me to comment further. He may or may not be innocent but as long as he keeps playing the way he is, I really don't care what else he does off the ice.

Thats a pretty good peice of evidence, I've never seen that before. This story is confusing. So they jumped him all while in the back seat of a cab? Last time I was in a cab there was no way you could even touch the driver as there is usually some plexiglass between the back and front seats. That article says they were charged with robbery, criminal mischief, and theft? He pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct. This is all after the cabbie locked them in the car. Too many different stories for me to comment further. He may or may not be innocent but as long as he keeps playing the way he is, I really don't care what else he does off the ice.

No there isn't. Now you're just side-stepping. Show me one conflicting story.

He's not.

Otherwise, his laywer would've fought the charges to completely clear his name. I told you that yesterday without any reply from you.

:nonono:

You're going to compare a murderer to the Kane incident?

Quickly look up.

That's the point sailing over your head.

Doc was not saying what Kane did and what Simpson did was comparable. The point is, you shouldn't be okay with players on your sports teams committing crimes as long as they continue to excel on the ice/field/diamond/court. That's effing stupid. That's beyond effing stupid.

No there isn't. Now you're just side-stepping. Show me one conflicting story.

He's not.

Otherwise, his laywer would've fought the charges to completely clear his name. I told you that yesterday without any reply from you.

:nonono:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4391488

"Why me? I didn't hit the guy. I didn't assault the guy. I wasn't involved in pay or not paying for the fare. I can't believe I'm in this."

Edited by FIBS

Quickly look up.

That's the point sailing over your head.

Doc was not saying what Kane did and what Simpson did was comparable. The point is, you shouldn't be okay with players on your sports teams committing crimes as long as they continue to excel on the ice/field/diamond/court. That's effing stupid. That's beyond effing stupid.

You're talking about murder and allegedly assaulting a ******* cab driver.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4391488

"Why me? I didn't hit the guy. I didn't assault the guy. I wasn't involved in pay or not paying for the fare. I can't believe I'm in this."

Haha! Seriously, you're going to use his lawyer's statements from 2 days after the assault to prove your point? For the third time, why didn't his lawyer fight the charges if he was innocent? As you (or possibly it was others) have said he stated what his lawyer instructed him to say. Are you so thick-headed as to believe that statement 2 days after both the assault and the initial report was filed? The fact of the matter is, he didn't fight the charges because everyone knows he's guilty. His lawyer got a nice plea agreement and voila! No more problem for Kane.

For Christ's sake, no one is ripping his talent or ability to play the game. Why can't you come to terms with the fact that he made a stupid decision and let his immaturity get the best of him?

You're talking about murder and allegedly assaulting a ******* cab driver.

You have got to be kidding me.

Let me spell it out for you:

"He may or may not be innocent but as long as he keeps playing the way he is, I really don't care what else he does off the ice."

Your own words. Read this part carefully:

"I really don't care what else he does off the ice."

You don't care what he does off the ice? So perchance if he pulls an OJ Simpson and kills his wife, you aren't going to care? Perhaps if he robs a bank and beats a bank teller into a wheelchair? At what point are his shenanigans unacceptable to you? Are all of them acceptable?

Electrophile was spot on. It is incredibly moronic to not care about a players conduct off the ice just because they provide a brilliant product on the ice. Absolutely ******* moronic.

You have got to be kidding me.

Let me spell it out for you:

"He may or may not be innocent but as long as he keeps playing the way he is, I really don't care what else he does off the ice."

Your own words. Read this part carefully:

"I really don't care what else he does off the ice."

You don't care what he does off the ice? So perchance if he pulls an OJ Simpson and kills his wife, you aren't going to care? Perhaps if he robs a bank and beats a bank teller into a wheelchair? At what point are his shenanigans unacceptable to you? Are all of them acceptable?

Electrophile was spot on. It is incredibly moronic to not care about a players conduct off the ice just because they provide a brilliant product on the ice. Absolutely ******* moronic.

Obviously I would care if he killed someone... Jesus ******* Christ. But he didnt. He drunkenly got into an argument with a cab driver who locked him in the cab. The cabbie said Pat punched him and Pat said he wasn't involved.

Obviously I would care if he killed someone... Jesus ******* Christ. But he didnt. He drunkenly got into an argument with a cab driver who locked him in the cab. The cabbie said Pat punched him and Pat said he wasn't involved.

Well, that's enough for me!

I guess Kane is innocent. [/sarcasm]

...and Pat said he wasn't involved.

So, even though he wasn't involved, he still plead guilty, agreed to spend an entire year on probation, and wrote an apology letter to the cab driver?

That's fuzzy math.