• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

40#1Fan

Patrick Kane Arrested

Rate this topic

Isn't a direct accusation against a specific company... but it's obvious when you go major city to city, you see the difference local media and businesses have on the specific people. You hear things enough, you begin to believe them (or you hear them from someone you believe). I'm making reference to the fact that many people live in a rather narrow visioned world due to this.

So they have good bud in Cali, I see.

Guest CaliWingsNut
So they have good bud in Cali, I see.

Ohh... ok I don't understand the arguement, so he must be stupid and a stoner.

Do you really think a 20yr who has traveled as much as him is going to care in that case?

You sound like he should be on trial for drinking. When in reality he can't even get in trouble for that since it's illegal for him to acquire or possess, but not imbibe.

Incorrect.

It's legal until he crosses the border back into the US. If a cop decides to give him a breathalyzer in the US and he blows anything higher than a .000, he's cuffed and thrown into the back of a cop car.

Full disclosure: Did I do my share of underage drinking? Of course, I'm no saint. And I also knew that if I got caught, I was in deep s*** with the cops.

umm.... re-read my post. I realize he's 20. Nor am I uptight about the matter, though your lack of reading skills (either ability or will) is pissing me off.

Obviously your not grasping the fact that Buffalo is on the freaking Canada border.

It's also obvious to me your a stickler for the 21+ law in the US. While I favor European opinion on the matter (look it up...). I really could care less if he had alcohol in his system. Do you really think a few months would have changed this scenario AT ALL?

I don't care if I PISS YOU OFF!!!! You've got a problem understanding period. So I don't listen or read what idiots write so you're on PERMANENT IGNORE!!! I'll let the other intelligent posters try and reason with an idiot. Good luck guys.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Guest CaliWingsNut
Incorrect.

It's legal until he crosses the border back into the US. If a cop decides to give him a breathalyzer in the US and he blows anything higher than a .000, he's cuffed and thrown into the back of a cop car.

Full disclosure: Did I do my share of underage drinking? Of course, I'm no saint. And I also knew that if I got caught, I was in deep s*** with the cops.

Perhaps... but you can blow a .02 from drinking 8oz of milk (or many legal items). Not exactly something court worthy. However your point is noted :)

Edit: repeated a word.

2nd edit: not a lawyer, just an opinion ;)

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest CaliWingsNut
You've got a problem understanding period.

I do have a problem understanding "period".... what does "period" have to do with this debate?

So I don't listen or read what idiots write so you're on PERMANENT IGNORE!!!

I don't listen to what idiots write, ever.

Permanent ignore?!?! aww... and we were just getting to be friends.

I'll let the other intelligent posters try and reason with an idiot.

Thanks for acknowledging the intelligence of the rest of the board, perhaps when they respond I won't have to interpret what they say.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Incorrect.

The actual law I believe varies from state to state. Most of the time, those underage caught drinking usually just end up with a fine.

The drinking thing, however, is a minimal detail in this case though.

How hard is it to just wait until you're 21? I've never understood how or why people go ga-ga over booze. Seriously, I'm at a loss. I knew people when I was in high school and in college who would just drink, drink, drink and drink some more like it was going out of style and always seemed rather incredulous when I said I wasn't interested. These are people who flunked out of school because they were too drunk/hungover to bother coming to class on a regular basis. I guess that's a pet peeve of mine - people who waste either their money, their parent's money or the government's money to go to school only to spend the whole time wasted. If you want to get drunk, go to a bar. Not college. Anyway, rant over.

That being said, holy s*** is this kid stupid. Drunk or not, who the hell beats up a cabbie? The fare was $13.80, he gave the guy $15. First of all, that's an insult. $1.20 tip? If Kane can't pony up an appropriate tip, maybe he needs an accountant and a money manager. I shudder to think how he tips waitstaff at restaurants. I've seen people with hardly a dollar to their names tip more generously than people with cash coming out the wazoo. Secondly, he beats the guy up because the cabbie wouldn't give him his $.20. Right there, you know we're not dealing with a supreme intellect.

Throw the book at him and let the Blackhawks' brass deal with it.

Edited by Electrophile

its been a while since anything new has been posted about this. Does anyone know anything yet?

Im still just astounded that there hasnt been any word from Kane yet. I understand a few days of silence, but this is ridiculous. It certainly doesnt seem to indicate his innocence either.

What an idiot this kid is. It's embarrassing to the nhl, that's for sure. Yet, Bettman treatsSean Avery as if he's a plague on this league. What a joke. Kane should be banished from the league.

I know Avery got six games PLUS anger management for talking crap for saying "sloppy seconds." That's not even a swear word or anything R-rated. Unlike what Kane did, Avery did not break the law. Avery didn't even break league rules and Bettman and his minions were just about to stone him to death. But Kane is still the little darling that everyone loves and the NHL wants no part in him being suspended.

Tipping is customary, like it or not. A $1.20 tip on a $13.80 cab ride is below normal by a mile.

As for his age, the fact is that there is no evidence of him drinking in Canada, just the US- where he is underage. Doesn't matter if the rest of the world has a drinking age of 2, in the US it's 21.

Hardly. that's a little under 10%. For a cab driver that tried to forge paperwork to get his license back after drunk driving, I can image a scenario where he wouldn't deserve much of a tip.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
That's pretty weak. He looks like a little twerp, by the way.

Personally,

he just looks like a skinny little punk that, were it not for having a wingman, wouldn't ever dare strike another human in public. And just think, even with a wingman and maybe a few beers he "manned up" against a grandpa.

Charles Barkely or Chris Pronger he ain't. I remember Pronger's rookie season he got arrested for drunk driving (i think he was only 20 too, maybe not though) and he, along with fellow Whaler teammates got into a pretty sweet barroom brawl. That's how you do it Patrick Kane. Go to a bar and pick a fight with guys in their 20's and 30's and get into a real dustup. Don't grow a pair when your opponent qualifies for Social Security you puss. :D

Charles Barkley, after throwing a guy through a window of a bar, Sir Charles ended up in front of a judge who gave him a fine and community service and asked: "Do you have any regrets?".

To which Barkley replied: "yeah, that we weren't on a higher floor." :lol:

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

wow, way to address the issue you coward. A robotic response with a hollow attempt of an apology and he still dodged the issue entirely. while im guessing he has a great lawyer and will get off free, his silence for over a week compounded with this new statement today really speaks to his guilt. pathetic kane

Why do people just accept the "Wrong place at the wrong time" apology at face value? Is he saying that he only got in trouble because he allowed himself to be in a taxi cab at night time?

Good people find themselves in bad situations all the time. Sometimes you can be doing something innocent and trouble finds you, and that's when you remove yourself from the situation. It was Patrick Kane's actions (which, obviously, he cannot publicly discuss at this juncture) that led to these charges, not the "situation".

Personally,

he just looks like a skinny little punk that, were it not for having a wingman, wouldn't ever dare strike another human in public. And just think, even with a wingman and maybe a few beers he "manned up" against a grandpa.

Charles Barkely or Chris Pronger he ain't. I remember Pronger's rookie season he got arrested for drunk driving (i think he was only 20 too, maybe not though) and he, along with fellow Whaler teammates got into a pretty sweet barroom brawl. That's how you do it Patrick Kane. Go to a bar and pick a fight with guys in their 20's and 30's and get into a real dustup. Don't grow a pair when your opponent qualifies for Social Security you puss. :D

Charles Barkley, after throwing a guy through a window of a bar, Sir Charles ended up in front of a judge who gave him a fine and community service and asked: "Do you have any regrets?".

To which Barkley replied: "yeah, that we weren't on a higher floor." :lol:

That which you described is good old-time hockey!!

:D

Edited by TrueBlueblood