• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings1110

Kane gets away with it

Rate this topic

It shouldnt be a big surprise that this is how the Patrick Kane situation was resolved. Even though what Kane did was pretty ridiculous we should all remember that the guy is only 20 years old. He's immature, arrogant, and has a lot to learn about treating fans (kids more specifically) properly, ppl properly and not being a little *****. That being said, he is young and unless I'm missing some information what he did to the cabbie wasn't anything more out of the ordinary than what happens most weekends when 20 year olds go out and get s*** face wasted. It doesn't excuse his actions but I don't think he should be crucified for it either.

It shouldnt be a big surprise that this is how the Patrick Kane situation was resolved. Even though what Kane did was pretty ridiculous we should all remember that the guy is only 20 years old. He's immature, arrogant, and has a lot to learn about treating fans (kids more specifically) properly, ppl properly and not being a little *****. That being said, he is young and unless I'm missing some information what he did to the cabbie wasn't anything more out of the ordinary than what happens most weekends when 20 year olds go out and get s*** face wasted. It doesn't excuse his actions but I don't think he should be crucified for it either.

The problem with this is that he is a role model for young kids. He should be held to a higher standard.

The problem with this is that he is a role model for young kids. He should be held to a higher standard.

That's kind of a double standard. On one hand you want him to be looked at as an average person and have the same judicial system (which he should have that) and on the other you want him held to a higher standard cuz he's a "role model".

Not defending him by any means cuz i think it's a joke that all he has to do is apologize.

I am 20 years old. I have never beat up anyone before. I am respectful to all people, especially adults. My friends are all between the ages of 19 and 22. They haven't assaulted anyone before either. It's really not that normal for a 20 year old to beat up an old man.

That's kind of a double standard. On one hand you want him to be looked at as an average person and have the same judicial system (which he should have that) and on the other you want him held to a higher standard cuz he's a "role model".

Not defending him by any means cuz i think it's a joke that all he has to do is apologize.

It's not even a "higher" standard.

I was obnoxious at that age, drank too much and would get into fights -- all things I probably could have tempered if I had the responsibility and good fortune to be in Kane's position, but beating up an elderly man at his job is something I would have never done at even my lowest moments.

Not that it matters, but I will certainly never be a fan of Patrick Kane, that's for sure. I do think this guy just made it a lot easier for Chicago to walk away from him after next year, though.

I am 20 years old. I have never beat up anyone before. I am respectful to all people, especially adults. My friends are all between the ages of 19 and 22. They haven't assaulted anyone before either. It's really not that normal for a 20 year old to beat up an old man.

Personally I dont know all the details about what Kane did to the cab but from what I saw I would hardly call it beating him up. Obviously I may be missing some information but I wasn't implying it's normal for 20 year olds to go beating ppl up. I was saying that this is the type of mischief that a lot of 20 year olds get into. For you to say that you are respectful to all people, especially adults is fine, but you can't sit there and tell me there has never been a situation where you weren't, especially while drinking. Obviously I'm not saying EVERY 20 year old goes out and gets wasted and causes s***, but there certainly are a lot of ppl who do. Now imagine how much more easy it would be to get into that type of trouble when you have the amount of money Kane does. Most 20 year olds maybe have a grand in the bank. This kid has hundreds of thousands, if not more, and it's a big, sudden adjustment he has to make. I'm not making excuses for the guy but I can understand how things like that can happen. At the end of the day it's only news because he is famous. This sort of thing happens way more than ppl acknowledge. It's only because Kane is famous that ppl get up on their high horse and try to make an example out of him. Personally, I think he made a mistake and hopefully he has the right ppl around him to guide him beyond this.

It's not even a "higher" standard.

I was obnoxious at that age, drank too much and would get into fights -- all things I probably could have tempered if I had the responsibility and good fortune to be in Kane's position, but beating up an elderly man at his job is something I would have never done at even my lowest moments.

Not that it matters, but I will certainly never be a fan of Patrick Kane, that's for sure. I do think this guy just made it a lot easier for Chicago to walk away from him after next year, though.

Can someone explain exactly what he did to 'beat up' the old man? Maybe Im missing some information here because from what I saw on tv and read up I would think the term 'beat up' is a little overboard.

Can someone explain exactly what he did to 'beat up' the old man? Maybe Im missing some information here because from what I saw on tv and read up I would think the term 'beat up' is a little overboard.

Even "hitting" an elderly man at his job is well outside of normal behavior, even for a 20 year-old.

Respecting everyone would be holding Kane to a 'higher' standard. Not assualting someone 3 times your age is simple human decency.

No one was throwing Abdelkader under the bus for acting obnoxious at a bar recently and getting kicked out -- that is a 'mistake', but one many of us have made in their early 20s. Have you ever assualted someone three times your age? That is incomprehensible to me -- and I did a lot of stupid things at that age.

Really? 20 year olds regularly get drunk and beat up cabbies? Funny, I was 20 once and sure as hell never did that neither did my friends. They wouldn't be my friends now if they pulled s*** like that. Why are people using his age as some kind of excuse for this? I think 20 years old is well past the age one should be when they learn getting drunk and beating people up is wrong.

Personally I dont know all the details about what Kane did to the cab but from what I saw I would hardly call it beating him up. Obviously I may be missing some information but I wasn't implying it's normal for 20 year olds to go beating ppl up. I was saying that this is the type of mischief that a lot of 20 year olds get into. For you to say that you are respectful to all people, especially adults is fine, but you can't sit there and tell me there has never been a situation where you weren't, especially while drinking. Obviously I'm not saying EVERY 20 year old goes out and gets wasted and causes s***, but there certainly are a lot of ppl who do. Now imagine how much more easy it would be to get into that type of trouble when you have the amount of money Kane does.

People. You mean people.

Anyway, I love the attitude some people have around here. That alcohol somehow absolves you from accepting the ramifications of your actions, because hey......we've all been young and drunk right? Brother. Maybe you all didn't have the upbringing that I did which is fine, everyone's parents are different, but I was taught that you don't use alcohol as an excuse to behave in other ways than you would if you were not drinking. I've never been drunk. Ever. Don't plan on it either, I hate not being in 100% control of myself and everything around me BUT I have drank before. I've not been loud, reckless, disrespectful or violent. Is it difficult to have a couple drinks with friends and not turn into a lout? The way some of you talk it is.

Kane is an *******. He got drunk and then beat someone up. Had he stopped at just the "getting drunk" part, no one here would have batted an eyelash. He chose to take it to the next level and for that, he deserves to be excoriated.

Um...assaulting a stranger? This happens to all 20 year olds? I know that when someone does that around here they go to jail for a while. Especially if you're 20.

Kane is an *******. He got drunk and then beat someone up. Had he stopped at just the "getting drunk" part, no one here would have batted an eyelash. He chose to take it to the next level and for that, he deserves to be excoriated.

Agreed. Hopefully Karma will take care of this for us.

People. You mean people.

Anyway, I love the attitude some people have around here. That alcohol somehow absolves you from accepting the ramifications of your actions, because hey......we've all been young and drunk right? Brother. Maybe you all didn't have the upbringing that I did which is fine, everyone's parents are different, but I was taught that you don't use alcohol as an excuse to behave in other ways than you would if you were not drinking. I've never been drunk. Ever. Don't plan on it either, I hate not being in 100% control of myself and everything around me BUT I have drank before. I've not been loud, reckless, disrespectful or violent. Is it difficult to have a couple drinks with friends and not turn into a lout? The way some of you talk it is.

I didnt say it was an excuse. Nor am I, or was I, defending his actions. I'm simply saying that with drinking I can see how situations like this can happen. Again, it's not an excuse but a partial reason. Im not even saying Kane isn't an *******. I believe that the actions that come out when you're drinking are rooted in your sober personality to begin with. Only difference is while sober we're in control and refrain from doing certain things.

Personally from what I've seen I dont think he beat the cabbie up. Even assualted may be too strong a word for me to use when describing what he did. He broke the guys glasses and gave him a bump. Ppl might disagree with that and again I admit that I may be misinformed on what happened but I think ppl are being way too harsh on this guy.

I'm not defending him by any means. I agree, he's an *******. What he did was disrespectful and so on. But unfortunately there are a lot of disrespectful assholes out there and there are ppl who have done much, much worse than Kane and ppl still let it go. I'm jsut saying in the greater scheme of things what he did wasn't that horrible.

Personally, I've never assulted someone but even now at my age, 25, I see a lot of ppl get drunk and do stupid s***. I've done my fair of stupid s*** too but by no means would I hope one mistake that someone makes against them forever. Alcohol and money don't excuse his actions but, for me, it seems like everyone is being too harsh on him.

Maybe it's possible that some ppl in this Red Wings forum are being overly harsh on one of our already hated rivals.

Maybe it's possible that some ppl in this Red Wings forum are being overly harsh on one of our already hated rivals.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that if a member of our team was in Kane's position, my opinion would be unchanged. In fact, I'd be more pissed. So the team he plays for means squat to me.

20 cent is a *****

dont-mess-with-patrick-20-cents-kane-282x300.jpg

Go, go, go, go

Go, go, go shawty

It's your birthday

We gon' party like it's yo birthday

We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday

And you know we don't give a f***

It's not your birthday!

You can find me in the cab

Hidn' a case of crabs-Mama, got what you need

and f*** off on the tab

I'm into givin' sixty year olds a f***in' stab

So come give me a grab, if you're into gettin' crabs.

Edited by titanium2

Just think, if you or I did something like that, we'd be spending a bit of time in the Crossbars Hotel. And he gets a slap on the wrist.

Just more proof that the world has a double standard.

May you get the royal snub and relentless harassment from fans everywhere, especially Buffalo and Detroit.

"Who give a rat's ass? What players do in their private lives as long as it doesn't affect their ability to play is none of our concern."

Look familiar?

You don't see a difference between patronizing a prostitute and getting drunk and beating up a cabbie?

Apparently not. Your sex life is your private life. Getting drunk in public and assaulting someone is not your private life. One has ramifications on your career and your team, the other doesn't.