• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Aaron Downey Cut by Coyotes

Rate this topic

We'll see about that...lay out your top 10 and we'll see who knows what :ph34r:

Behn Wilson, Bob Probert, Dave Brown, Joey Kocur, Clark Gillies, Larry Playfair, Bob Nystrom, Nick Fotiu, Donald Brashear, Tie Domi

There's my top 10 in order, and Probert is the only guy on that list who got KO'd, when Ewen dropped him. That doesn't diminish him in my book, but it is rather odd that none of the other top heavies ever got dropped that badly.

There have been several TKO's, like most recently Belak on Brashear, but not a KO in my book.

Guest micah

Nobody asked, but....

Micah's top 5, after that it gets hazy:

Dave Brown, Bob Probert, Behn Wilson, Brash, Laraque. Not in any order, because I really can't decide if Brashear and Laraque should be ranked above Probie, Brown and (distant 3rd) Wilson. In their primes, I suspect Brashear and Laraque (and probably Simon too) would chew up and spit out Probert and Brown - but Probert and Brown were so much more fun.

My favorite toughs were Probie, Brown, Neely, Semenko and PJ Stock.

please kenny sign him, may not be the most skilled but come playoff time we could use an enforcer like him

Really? I wouldn't mind some more toughness during the regular season, but the playoffs are definitely not the time the Red Wings need an enforcer. Those "soft" Red Wings were one game away from repeating and the only thing stopping them was injuries. Having an enforcer wouldn't have made a lick of difference.

Nobody asked, but....

Micah's top 5, after that it gets hazy:

Dave Brown, Bob Probert, Behn Wilson, Brash, Laraque. Not in any order, because I really can't decide if Brashear and Laraque should be ranked above Probie, Brown and (distant 3rd) Wilson. In their primes, I suspect Brashear and Laraque (and probably Simon too) would chew up and spit out Probert and Brown - but Probert and Brown were so much more fun.

My favorite toughs were Probie, Brown, Neely, Semenko and PJ Stock.

Our top 3 is similar.

I hesitate with Brashear and Laraque, because they're huggers more than fighters. If they fought to win the way those older heavies did, they would have a lot more losses. For instance, last year Brashear seemed to open up his fighting style, and finally got caught.

I still put him on my list, but fighting to win and fighting not to lose are two different things. I'm sure if Probie wanted to, he could hug a guy to death too. Wilson would be the same way.

Behn Wilson, Bob Probert, Dave Brown, Joey Kocur, Clark Gillies, Larry Playfair, Bob Nystrom, Nick Fotiu, Donald Brashear, Tie Domi

There's my top 10 in order, and Probert is the only guy on that list who got KO'd, when Ewen dropped him. That doesn't diminish him in my book, but it is rather odd that none of the other top heavies ever got dropped that badly.

There have been several TKO's, like most recently Belak on Brashear, but not a KO in my book.

It wasn't a one punch but last year Brashear got KO'd by Belak, so I guess that 2 on your list.

Joey Kocur got KO'd here for a good 10 or 15 seconds

Brashear was helped to the penalty box and received medical attention afterwards so its definately a KO

As for the rest...touché. Although as most of them are fighters from the 70's and 80's alot of their fights are without footage so you never know :ph34r:

And why isnt Andreas Lilja in your top 10? He got KO'd pretty good :D

If you go on dropyourgloves.com, you'll see lots of video footage of every guy on my list. Those guys fought in the toughest era in hockey in my opinion, and had tremendous win/loss records. Domi probably has the worst win/loss record on that list (although his was good), but with so many fights and constantly being undersized in each one, I had to put him on the list.

I forgot the Raglan/Kocur fight, but like I said, I was going off the top of my head. I still don't think Brashear was KO'd, but some people seem to think otherwise.

Lilja has trouble finding takers, which prevented him from being on my list.

since we're talking about hockey fights, does it really matter?

The point is a lot of enforcers have taken one on the button.

Crazed fight fans obsess over these differences.

Not that I'm one of them, of course, but if you ever go on the hockeyfights website, these things get analyzed at nausea.

please kenny sign him, may not be the most skilled but come playoff time we could use an enforcer like him

Like we used him in our last 2 cup runs?

0 Games Played if i recall correctly. Get over it, he wont be back here - Holland cut him because we didn't have any use for him.