• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Mule

[GDT] 9/27 - Penguins, 1 @ Red Wings, 4

Rate this topic

I think it's funny how everyone here assumes to know why others are fans and when they became fans.

True, that. I think most people don't even know themselves. I think it's a respect thing. It's possible to argue and debate with respect for others, but I think some folks use bullying and name calling to cover the fact that they are relying on half-baked thoughts for their opinions. Also, some folks believe that only one opinion is right....theirs.....and everyone else is a moron. Seems it makes them feel superior by belittling those with a different view. Some folks go waaay overboard by taking a fan forum too seriously. Ones' life should not be in a shambles because of their stance on the "enforcer" or "goalie" issue being run into the ground, yet again, on LGW. It's the internet, for s***s' sake. If a particular poster consistently pisses you off then don't read their posts, unless you really like being pissed off. But that's on you, not them. We do get to decide what's important to us, after all.

Classy. I'm sure if fans of some other team said that Pavel Datsyuk deserved the "Steve Moore treatment", you'd fall into a coma.

Anywho, it was great to see the Wings pull this off. Beating the Pens is always satisfying, no matter when the game is played.

There is no comparison between someone like Cooke and Datsyuk. One's a lady Byng winner the other is a piece of s***

Heh, I don't want this to set off a political rant but what did Mickey say about Obama?

All I know is he had to pull a muscle reaching for his comments. Not funny. Not in anyway connected with announcing hockey.

No sir, wrong. When you throw a cross check you sure as hell better be ready to fight afterwards. Franzen has a long history of this- act tough, then turtling. I'm not holding back this year, I'm telling it like it is. This is E_S_A_D 2.0 baby.

"Turtling"?? And what the hell would you be doing with two and a half guys pounding on you?

Meanwhile, in reference to all the comments about Guerin and his play, I agree. I also think he's playing scared. I believe he knows in his heart he isn't going to be playing hockey much longer. Thus, the blatant hold call and then the piling on...Not good.

There is no comparison between someone like Cooke and Datsyuk. One's a lady Byng winner the other is a piece of s***

And that is supposed to make a difference? I hate Sidney Crosby and think he's a piece of s***, but if someone on this team broke his neck, I sure as hell wouldn't be happy about it. Some things are beyond the pall.

Wow, you newbies (to hockey, not the board) don't get it, the Lions started the preseason 4-0 last year, you DO realize the significance of preseason, correct?

First off, you would be much more believable (yeeeahhh....) if you didn't persist in calling everyone who disagrees with you a "newbie".

As for the significance of wins in the preseason, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE REITERATE what was said probably on another thread about the Wings losing most or all their games in a preseason and GOING ON TO WIN THE STANLEY CUP?

Thanks. Because I can't remember what year it happened...

And that is supposed to make a difference? I hate Sidney Crosby and think he's a piece of s***, but if someone on this team broke his neck, I sure as hell wouldn't be happy about it. Some things are beyond the pall.

Honestly if you can't see the difference between the play of Crosby/Datsyuk and Cooke then I can't help you

Honestly if you can't see the difference between the play of Crosby/Datsyuk and Cooke then I can't help you

Did I say I can't tell the difference between their style as players? The point is, wishing for someone to get their neck broken merely because you don't like them makes you a classless punk. Period. It has nothing to do with the kind of player they are, if they're more physical or finesse, if they are on a winning team or a losing team.....makes no difference to me. There's a lot of players I don't like for one reason or another, but I don't wish serious harm on them either.

BTW, who said I wanted your help in the first place?

Did I say I can't tell the difference between their style as players? The point is, wishing for someone to get their neck broken merely because you don't like them makes you a classless punk. Period. It has nothing to do with the kind of player they are, if they're more physical or finesse, if they are on a winning team or a losing team.....makes no difference to me. There's a lot of players I don't like for one reason or another, but I don't wish serious harm on them either.

BTW, who said I wanted your help in the first place?

How about if we all just agreed to say we wanted to make Kunitz and Cooke bleed?

No it was something about receiving instead of giving it away?

They were talking about the Cup winning Pens visiting Obama and giving him a jersey with the #44 on the back because Bush got #43 from the Wings last year. Kenny asks how Oprik might feel about his number going to the president and Mick goes "Well you take the good with the bad I guess" :lol:

esteef

Exactamundo.

Perhaps I went too far...

How about if we all just agreed to say we wanted to make Kunitz and Cooke bleed?

Fair enough. :clap:

First off, you would be much more believable (yeeeahhh....) if you didn't persist in calling everyone who disagrees with you a "newbie".

As for the significance of wins in the preseason, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE REITERATE what was said probably on another thread about the Wings losing most or all their games in a preseason and GOING ON TO WIN THE STANLEY CUP?

Thanks. Because I can't remember what year it happened...

Does it matter?

Eaves, Williams, Leino, Ericsson, Howard. Throw in May for good measure. 6 new guys- you're going to lean hard on them, so you know what you have. Same with playing lots of AHLers- you want to know what you will have.

Does it matter?

Eaves, Williams, Leino, Ericsson, Howard. Throw in May for good measure. 6 new guys- you're going to lean hard on them, so you know what you have. Same with playing lots of AHLers- you want to know what you will have.

It only matters because ESAD brought it up as if it's important they have a good preseason too. My point was that it just doesn't matter where the Wings are concerned. I'm all for the young'ns having their day out there and I agree with everything you said.