• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Mule

[GDT] 10/2 - Blues 4, Red Wings 3 (Stockholm)

Rate this topic

The only thing that will keep a team like Columbus out is that they're in the Central. Detroit, Chicago and St. Louis are the best teams in the conference if you ask me (well, in terms of speculation carried over from last year, additions, etc...) and while Columbus will compete with them and win games, they'll lose more as well having to play them so much. Calgary and San Jose will go b/c they'll win their division, St. Louis, Detroit and Chicago will go, leaves 2 spots and teams from other divisions with easier schedules will put up more points than Columbus most likely. Vancouver will probably go and I think they Ducks are going to surprise some people too.

That is pretty much what I was thinking as well. Although, the fact that we all play each other so much [sTL/DET/CHI] could be bad news for one of our teams as well as Columbus.

Of course, we all know what happens with pre-season speculation.

Guest micah
I think the Blues are going to be real good as well, but to say EVERYONE else including the Blues are going to be better then the Wings based on one game is boggling a bit.

Nobody said that. Stop making things up.

I don't know, this year feels like a rebuilding / patching mode to me so my expectation weren't set to high from the beginning. I'll raise my expectation level all depending on the moves and the Lidstrom situation next year. For this year I do think we're a playoff team but nothing more probably win 1st round and get knocked off 2nd round. Now that's just my opinion and hopefully it could be a not so good opinion but will see what happens.

IMO I really love Ozzie but I think this organization needs to change there style. Specially the ending days of Lidstrom are nearing I think we should use Lids $$$ to get an outstanding goalie or just hope McCollum pans out to be great by next year because I don't want to Ozzie back with the Wings unless it's a backup position.

Also I want Maltby out of the team next year.

That observation is independent of the game.

The division as a whole is better. It's no longer the Wings and four inferior teams like it had been.

Do you really think there is anyone here who would not agree with you about this? Of course that's true. The central division is going to be tough for anyone to play.

But if it's ok with you, I guess they should just play out the games and we'll see what happens, OK?

Back at the hotel. It was a great event,sadly we lost,but still...

The people here are extremely friendly,lost count on how many times they started a conversation when seeing my WC jersey. Even just now walking here drunken Swedes were shouting "Filppula! Red Wings,baby!" from the other side of the street.

Ozzie looks just like he did in the preseason and in the regular season last year. Once again, every mistake the Wings made wound up in the net.

Blues fans are hapless people who've had nothing to cheer for their whole lives, so it's only natural that they'll overact after this win. They know they're a long way away from being a good team, so they just want to rub it in as much as they can.

Agreed. Leino had a great game I thought.

And kudos to Malts, not so much for his shorthanded goal (which was way overdue...), more so for the fact that his comments from the penalty box got picked up by the microphones.

Ozzie looks just like he did in the preseason and in the regular season last year. Once again, every mistake the Wings made wound up in the net.

Blues fans are hapless people who've had nothing to cheer for their whole lives, so it's only natural that they'll overact after this win. They know they're a long way away from being a good team, so they just want to rub it in as much as they can.

You are a complete and utter ******* moron if you think the Blues are a long way from being a "good team."

You are a complete and utter ******* moron if you think the Blues are a long way from being a "good team."

:lol:

Here you go again. A good team is a Cup contender. The Blues aren't a Cup contender.

And if you want to see a ******* moron, look in the mirror.

Real mature post, ******. :thumbdown: Thanks for backing it up with constructive criticism instead of a plain personal attack.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Every other Saturdays me half day off, so its off to the match I goooo

You'll see me walking down by Anfield Road, me and me old pal Joeeee

We love to see the lasses with their red scarves on!

We love to hear the Kopites roar...

But I dont have to tell you that the best of all

Is when we see the Liverpool sco-oo-oo-ore

Every other Saturdays me half day off, so its off to the match I goooo

You'll see me walking down by Anfield Road, me and me old pal Joeeee

We love to see the lasses with their red scarves on!

We love to hear the Kopites roar...

But I dont have to tell you that the best of all

Is when we see the Liverpool sco-oo-oo-ore

Dirk Kuyt is the second best player in English football.

After Joey Barton.

Dirk Kuyt is the second best player in English football.

After Joey Barton.

English football....you're looking at Torres or Gerrard. I dont even know which team Joey Barton plays for these days :lol: Might be Man City...

English football....you're looking at Torres or Gerrard. I dont even know which team Joey Barton plays for these days :lol: Might be Man City...

He's with Newcastle at the moment, which is why I couldn't say premier league.

And Torres and Gerrard have a lot more flair than Dirkie-Dirk, but aren't half as clutch.

Dirkie-Dirk also has the 2nd best nickname in English football, only after Teenage Mutant Ninja Skrtl.

Go Wings.

He's with Newcastle at the moment, which is why I couldn't say premier league.

And Torres and Gerrard have a lot more flair than Dirkie-Dirk, but aren't half as clutch.

Dirkie-Dirk also has the 2nd best nickname in English football, only after Teenage Mutant Ninja Skrtl.

Go Wings.

Kuyt lacks ball control and passing skills. Gerrard is close to the best midfielder in the world, same for Torres as a striker. Not in the same league as Kuyt.

And theres a reason Barton isnt playing in the Premiership ;)

errr....(on topic) wings suck fire Babcock Howard>Ozzie fighters.

Kuyt lacks ball control and passing skills. Gerrard is close to the best midfielder in the world, same for Torres as a striker. Not in the same league as Kuyt.

Do these soccer teams have an available goalie who can play regular seasons? :D

I'm not denying that Gerrard and Torres have more 'skills', but look at Dirk's goalscoring record in Europe. QED.

Because the Premiership is afraid of him, so they didn't let him play.

And I'm being completely serious...

I'm just worried about Ericsson. And do you reckon Howard will start tomorrow?

Do these soccer teams have an available goalie who can play regular seasons? :D

No, but Joey Barton is probably the closest thing that they have to an enforcer. He has an impressive track record/rap sheet. Did I mention that he's closely related to a racist axe-murderer?

:lol:

Here you go again. A good team is a Cup contender. The Blues aren't a Cup contender.

And if you want to see a ******* moron, look in the mirror.

Real mature post, ******. :thumbdown: Thanks for backing it up with constructive criticism instead of a plain personal attack.

We are a good team. We are a Cup contender. The Blues just outworked, outskated, and outperformered us. Couple that with a fantastic record down the stretch last season, all while being without 2-3 very key components, and I think you just might stumble upon a legitimate Cup contender.

Better luck next time, ******.