• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest E_S_A_D

LGW is Pro-Enforcer: The Results are In.

Rate this topic

cool_story_bro.jpg

Yea pat yourslef on the back because May has scored how many goals? And has how many assists?

He made the team becuase of injuries and other than entertaining us with fights, he has done zero to help us win.

My post should have said "unless we have 8 guys out injured..." I didn't anticipate that.

It's always interesting to go back and read various posters posts regarding whether or not Brad May should have been offered a contract. Personally, your respected E_S_A_D thought he should and what a bargain he has been. $500k, one of the most respected guys in the locker room, and winning an astounding 70% of his fights this year at age 38.

Ladies and Gentlemen that voted LGW is pro-enforcer; please pat yourself on the back and read your posts in this thread. E_S_A_D gives the Golden Star to several of you for your vast hockey knowledge, superior understanding of the roots of hockey gamesmanship, and entertainment.

Brad May, LGW Salutes you, kind sir.

God, you are a pathetic attention *****.

Yea pat yourslef on the back because May has scored how many goals? And has how many assists?

He made the team becuase of injuries and other than entertaining us with fights, he has done zero to help us win.

My post should have said "unless we have 8 guys out injured..." I didn't anticipate that.

My response was sarcastic.

Yes, getting onto Boll immediately after the hit on Rafalski was for entertainment. And please name a Wing other than Bertuzzi helping us "win" right now?

May was rotating in and out of the fourth line before the injuries by the way.

esteef

Guest micah

Red Wing fns know that May was brought in and played before our rash of injuries hit.

Internet attention ***** douchebags might not, but people who follow the Wings do.

Bard May was brought in to deter cheap shots (presumably in the regualr season), something that you really can't do from the pressbox. He was not brought in to fill holes in the roster when other players aren't healthy enough to play. May has a jpb to do and he's been doing it well, he deserves our cheers.

Guest E_S_A_D
Red Wing fns know that May was brought in and played before our rash of injuries hit.

-----------------------

Yes, getting onto Boll immediately after the hit on Rafalski was for entertainment. And please name a Wing other than Bertuzzi helping us "win" right now?

May was rotating in and out of the fourth line before the injuries by the way.

esteef

Yes on both counts.

Internet attention ***** douchebags might not, but people who follow the Wings do.

Bard May was brought in to deter cheap shots (presumably in the regualr season), something that you really can't do from the pressbox. He was not brought in to fill holes in the roster when other players aren't healthy enough to play. May has a jpb to do and he's been doing it well, he deserves our cheers.

I think there are very few who aren't applauding May's efforts.

The sarcastic jabs at ESAD deal with his demeanor towards the whole "enforcer" discussion.

May is such a genius that we should all call him "The Bard" from now on.

Guest E_S_A_D
The sarcastic jabs at ESAD deal with his demeanor towards the whole "enforcer" discussion.

If you prefer to call may a Goal Scorer or Goalie, please feel free, it still doesn't deter the fact that he is top 3 in my MVP voting for the Wings this year. Couple this with the fact that he makes $500,000 a year, gives his all every shift of every game, and provides entertainment when the Wings put up record setting goose eggs on the scoreboard... get it?

If you prefer to call may a Goal Scorer or Goalie, please feel free, it still doesn't deter the fact that he is top 3 in my MVP voting for the Wings this year. Couple this with the fact that he makes $500,000 a year, gives his all every shift of every game, and provides entertainment when the Wings put up record setting goose eggs on the scoreboard... get it?

I wouldn't consider May being Detroit's MVP a good thing.

And once again, everyone is aware that May is busting his ass and putting a consistent effort out there. That isn't the issue.

And once again, everyone is aware that May is busting his ass and putting a consistent effort out there. That isn't the issue.

Maybe some other players should take note.

Guest E_S_A_D

What's the issue? Also, that's exactly my point regarding May. As of today, we wouldn't even make the playoffs. However- taking a quick look at our Cap breakdown, I appreciate May's work at 500k versus the work of ANY of these players at their cap hit.

ForwardsHolmstrom (2.250) Zetterberg (6.083) Datsyuk (6.700)

Cleary (2.800) Filppula (3.000) Franzen (3.955)

Leino (0.800) Abdelkader (0.850)

Maltby (0.833) Draper (1.583) Helm (0.599)

Defense Lidstrom (7.450) Rafalski (6.000)

Kronwall (3.000) Stuart (3.750)

Lebda (0.650) Ericsson (0.900)

Meech (0.483) Lilja (1.250)

GoaliesOsgood (1.417)

Howard (0.717)

What's the issue? Also, that's exactly my point regarding May. As of today, we wouldn't even make the playoffs. However- taking a quick look at our Cap breakdown, I appreciate May's work at 500k versus the work of ANY of these players at their cap hit.

ForwardsHolmstrom (2.250) Zetterberg (6.083) Datsyuk (6.700)

Cleary (2.800) Filppula (3.000) Franzen (3.955)

Leino (0.800) Abdelkader (0.850)

Maltby (0.833) Draper (1.583) Helm (0.599)

Defense Lidstrom (7.450) Rafalski (6.000)

Kronwall (3.000) Stuart (3.750)

Lebda (0.650) Ericsson (0.900)

Meech (0.483) Lilja (1.250)

GoaliesOsgood (1.417)

Howard (0.717)

You really don't appreciate what Holmstrom, Helm, Abdelkader, Howard, Draper, and Stuart are bringing for their salary? Even Meech is at least putting in the level of play that his salary demands.

Guys like Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Osgood are to me laying the biggest stinkers. Nevertheless, I shudder to think of how bad we'd be without them.

Until this thread found it's way back to the front page no one uttered any unkind words anywhere near discussion of "Bard" May. This thead is more pro-ESAD and anti-ESAD than anything else. I wish you could have left well enough alone.

May was on the team before most of the injuries started happening, he played in the first home game this year against Chicago.

When you're a next day box score fan that simply looks at goals and assists to determine the important pieces to a team's success, there's really no tangent factor to judge May's contribution. If this is the case (which it seems to be for you), then of course he's not an asset. However for people that actually watch the sport, they know that there are other factors that can contribute to a team winning, like hitting, fore checking, solid defensive play, puck protection and sometimes fighting.

May does have an assist btw if that makes you feel any better about him getting PT.

May was on the team before most of the injuries started happening, he played in the first home game this year against Chicago.

When you're a next day box score fan that simply looks at goals and assists to determine the important pieces to a team's success, there's really no tangent factor to judge May's contribution. If this is the case (which it seems to be for you), then of course he's not an asset. However for people that actually watch the sport, they know that there are other factors that can contribute to a team winning, like hitting, fore checking, solid defensive play, puck protection and sometimes fighting.

May does have an assist btw if that makes you feel any better about him getting PT.

This thread (and thread-starter) has a terrible habit of driving people to the furthest opposing poles that they can find. May is definitely a good fourth-line grinder. He isn't the best we have on the team at the moment, but he's good.

As you say, judging a player's usefulness by the box-score is foolish, but no more foolish than calling a player an MVP because he's been in a few fights (not sure of the exact number). He's good because he does all the things you've mentioned: "hitting, fore checking, solid defensive play, puck protection and sometimes fighting" not just the last part.

Guest E_S_A_D

Well said. I love the Next Day Box Score Fan quote, I think that goes for a lot of people here. They go to NHL.COM and sort by points, then argue for the sake of it.

Also, MJLegend: Injuries happen, it is IMPOSSIBLE without crystal globe to determine how many injuries May has prevented though. I do know one thing: Boll sure didn't run any other players after May tagged him with that left.

Guest E_S_A_D

As you say, judging a player's usefulness by the box-score is foolish, but no more foolish than calling a player an MVP because he's been in a few fights

I said he's MVP based on salary. It'd be like me tying a race with a Hyundai against the Porsche... quite the bang for the buck, get it?

This thread (and thread-starter) has a terrible habit of driving people to the furthest opposing poles that they can find. May is definitely a good fourth-line grinder. He isn't the best we have on the team at the moment, but he's good.

As you say, judging a player's usefulness by the box-score is foolish, but no more foolish than calling a player an MVP because he's been in a few fights (not sure of the exact number). He's good because he does all the things you've mentioned: "hitting, fore checking, solid defensive play, puck protection and sometimes fighting" not just the last part.

Agreed. And yes, this does tend to drive people to the polar opposites, I try to position myself as best as possible in the middle.

Guest micah
Yeah he really has prevented a rash of contact-related injuries from ravaging the team this year, hasn't he?

LOL. Hi troll. I knew you'd make it. Sit down and have a cup of coffee, won't you?

This is the part where if you weren't merely a self-important trolling ******

I'd educate you, I'd tell you that Brad May was brought in to reduce cheap shots, not "contact-related injuries". You know that though - you just choose to ignore it and change the argument. That's some logical falacy, I forget which one. I understand that it hurts you to admit that ESAD is right and that Brad May is pulling his weight while superstars like Dats and Lids are not, but at least be honest. Why troll when you could be applauding Brad May - the Wing who's consistantly pulled his weight and done everything he was expected to do all season long?

ESAD was right about LGW being pro-enforcer, and he was right about May. People were dicks to him about it, he has every right to gloat.

LOL. Hi troll. I knew you'd make it. Sit down and have a cup of coffee, won't you?

This is the part where if you weren't merely a self-important trolling ******

I'd educate you, I'd tell you that Brad May was brought in to reduce cheap shots, not "contact-related injuries". You know that though - you just choose to ignore it and change the argument. That's some logical falacy, I forget which one. I understand that it hurts you to admit that ESAD is right and that Brad May is pulling his weight while superstars like Dats and Lids are not, but at least be honest. Why troll when you could be applauding Brad May - the Wing who's consistantly pulled his weight and done everything he was expected to do all season long?

ESAD was right about LGW being pro-enforcer, and he was right about May. People were dicks to him about it, he has every right to gloat.

I was a dick to him because he is a helpless romantic when it comes to the "wonderful and glorious enforcer". He brags about things that everyone agreed upon in the first place, and then points fingers at all of those who "doubted" him even though there wasn't much that was disagreed upon in the first place. Just like the whole "I was right about Miller getting ice time." Okay and? Does that make you super poster man or something?

So no, this "gloating" is absolutely ludicrous and childish.

Until this thread found it's way back to the front page no one uttered any unkind words anywhere near discussion of "Bard" May. This thead is more pro-ESAD and anti-ESAD than anything else. I wish you could have left well enough alone.

This here sums up my opinion on the subject, and doesn't surprise me in the least that ESAD ignored it.

Edited by Doc Holliday