• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest E_S_A_D

LGW is Pro-Enforcer: The Results are In.

Rate this topic

Guest E_S_A_D
This here sums up my opinion on the subject, and doesn't surprise me in the least that ESAD ignored it.

I didn't ignore it. I would have started a new thread regarding May pulling his weight as an enforcer, but maybe it's my personality... and the fact I don't like clutter. How many threads go 1-2 pages and disappear into oblivion? Countless. Why create new, when an old thread can do the same thing without creating cyberpsace cluter.

Yes, my filing cabinets are QUITE organized at work, thank you very much.

Gloating? No. Enjoying this year's 2009 9th place Red Wings over last year's 1st place Red Wings? Yes, guilty as charged.

Guest E_S_A_D
:lol:

l_4cd90e55741cf50e0ffd3a8e5a4ac3f8.jpg

esteef

Esteef, how many times do I have to tell you to get off of my Facebook account?

Guest Shoreline
It's always interesting to go back and read various posters posts regarding whether or not Brad May should have been offered a contract. Personally, your respected E_S_A_D thought he should and what a bargain he has been. $500k, one of the most respected guys in the locker room, and winning an astounding 70% of his fights this year at age 38.

Ladies and Gentlemen that voted LGW is pro-enforcer; please pat yourself on the back and read your posts in this thread. E_S_A_D gives the Golden Star to several of you for your vast hockey knowledge, superior understanding of the roots of hockey gamesmanship, and entertainment.

Brad May, LGW Salutes you, kind sir.

wank.gif <-- ESAD

ESAD --> :drunk: <-- ESAD

Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Guest micah
wank.gif <-- ESAD

Awesome emoticons! You're really good at the internet!!

Guest E_S_A_D
wank.gif <-- ESAD

Your creativity, and inability to avoid staying on topic is amazing to me- I am impressed. I'd be banned long ago with 'flame baiting' like this, at least that's what an anonymous moderator told me this type of behavior is called.

Guest Shoreline
Your creativity, and inability to avoid staying on topic is amazing to me- I am impressed. I'd be banned long ago with 'flame baiting' like this, at least that's what an anonymous moderator told me this type of behavior is called.

Your bumping of this topic was only to have a good fap to yourself in front of everyone, nothing about enforcers, so these emoticons are a precise depiction and parody of your posts. Given how many people are making fun of you it's pretty blatant and deserved. Of course, somehow I'm doing the baiting..

Obvious troll is obvious.

Man, I miss flame wars.

It's a lot more fun to be in one, than to see other people engaging in them, however. :(

E_S_A_D needs to come around more often though, he takes most of the heat away from guys like us and mindfly :lol:

Besides, someone will call out Lilja's toughness tommorow and then it'll be on once again.

I said he's MVP based on salary. It'd be like me tying a race with a Hyundai against the Porsche... quite the bang for the buck, get it?

I don't disagree that he's very useful, but I'd think that if all he were doing is aggressively fore-checking, driving the net (although he need not ever score a goal as far as I'm concerned), hustling to defend his own zone, and playing hard minutes grinding out the puck in the opposition zone. Those things make him more useful than the occasional fight in my opinion.

LOL. Hi troll. I knew you'd make it. Sit down and have a cup of coffee, won't you?

This is the part where if you weren't merely a self-important trolling ****** I'd educate you, I'd tell you that Brad May was brought in to reduce cheap shots, not "contact-related injuries". You know that though - you just choose to ignore it and change the argument. That's some logical falacy, I forget which one. I understand that it hurts you to admit that ESAD is right and that Brad May is pulling his weight while superstars like Dats and Lids are not, but at least be honest. Why troll when you could be applauding Brad May - the Wing who's consistantly pulled his weight and done everything he was expected to do all season long?

ESAD was right about LGW being pro-enforcer, and he was right about May. People were dicks to him about it, he has every right to gloat.

May was brought in to play hockey, and no one has cast aspersions on his performance in that regard. If ESAD didn't need to incite the trolls, the trolls would have remained silent. That's not an excuse for trolling, but ESAD is not a victim here. No one attacked ESAD for the May signing. For accuracy's sake, if you go back through this thread you'd find that no one complained about the May signing and the consensus was favorable.

This "troll" is only responding to the intentional "troll-baiter".

Edit: If you note every time this thread is bumped, it's one of the "pro-enforcers" touting the "proof" that May is the only thing keeping this team alive. None of the "trolls" or "anti-enforcers" revives this thread when a player is injured or May doesn't pound someone's face because sadly this really isn't about enforcers or May, but about ESAD.

I didn't ignore it. I would have started a new thread regarding May pulling his weight as an enforcer, but maybe it's my personality... and the fact I don't like clutter. How many threads go 1-2 pages and disappear into oblivion? Countless. Why create new, when an old thread can do the same thing without creating cyberpsace cluter.

Gloating? No. Enjoying this year's 2009 9th place Red Wings over last year's 1st place Red Wings? Yes, guilty as charged.

Everyone knows your position on May, and if you cared to notice anyone's posts but your own you'd know everyone is in agreement that he's played well, and that the pugilism is appreciated.

Edited by Chunkylover

May was on the team before most of the injuries started happening, he played in the first home game this year against Chicago.

When you're a next day box score fan that simply looks at goals and assists to determine the important pieces to a team's success, there's really no tangent factor to judge May's contribution. If this is the case (which it seems to be for you), then of course he's not an asset. However for people that actually watch the sport, they know that there are other factors that can contribute to a team winning, like hitting, fore checking, solid defensive play, puck protection and sometimes fighting.

May does have an assist btw if that makes you feel any better about him getting PT.

Actually, I watch ALL the Wings games begining to end. Brad May is doing a good job at what he was supposed to do but he's not one of the top players on the team. Yes he was brought in before the injuries but without the injuries he would be back and forth to Grand Rapids and in and out of the line-up just like MacCarty and Downey. Right now he is chewing up ice time being a tough guy because we are short on goal scorers.

Yes there are other factors but May is 1 dimensional. He's a tough guy. He doesn't score, he doesn't set guys up to score, he's not fast and he's not particulary good defensively.

I'm ok with having an enforcer if he can actually contribute but May isn't that guy and there aren't many Jarome Iginla's around.

Guest micah
Actually, I watch ALL the Wings games begining to end. Brad May is doing a good job at what he was supposed to do but he's not one of the top players on the team. Yes he was brought in before the injuries but without the injuries he would be back and forth to Grand Rapids and in and out of the line-up just like MacCarty and Downey. Right now he is chewing up ice time being a tough guy because we are short on goal scorers.

So when you said "He made the team becuase of injuries" on P24 what you really meant was "He made the team before the injuries", right?

Can't be letting your threads hog the internets. Good on you.

Guest E_S_A_D
Yes there are other factors but May is 1 dimensional.

If you get a moment, go check the +/- of the Red Wings (if you know what that is). End of story.

Yes there are other factors but May is 1 dimensional. He's a tough guy. He doesn't score, he doesn't set guys up to score, he's not fast and he's not particulary good defensively.

I'm ok with having an enforcer if he can actually contribute but May isn't that guy and there aren't many Jarome Iginla's around.

Wait, do you think Jarome Iginla is an enforcer?

I love these enforcer threads. You got ESAD, micah and uk_redwing one one side, and you have shoreline, Doc Holliday (who claims he isn't anti-enforcer), and shoreline on the other side. It's like a broken record.

Wait, do you think Jarome Iginla is an enforcer?

I love these enforcer threads. You got ESAD, micah and uk_redwing one one side, and you have shoreline, Doc Holliday (who claims he isn't anti-enforcer), and shoreline on the other side. It's like a broken record.

Point out how I'm anti-enforcer. I'd love to hear it.

Point out how I'm anti-enforcer. I'd love to hear it.

Did I say you were anti-enforcer?

I just said you claimed you aren't one, and yet you always seem to be arguing with pro-enforcer posters in enforcer threads. Seems a little fishy.

Also, see post below.

Edited by GMRwings1983