• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I Red Wings I

GDT: 10/8 - Blackhawks, 2 @ Red Wings, 3

Rate this topic

I'm very glad about Wings winning, but once again they started to sit back on a two-goal lead in the third period. They were outshot 15-4. Luckily they were much sharper in their own zone that against St. Louis.

Edited by P. Marlowe

If Stu can play like he did tonight then look out.

My 3 stars

*Brad Stuart

**Ozzie

***Mayday

nice to see a Win at the joe tonight let keep them coming.. Go WINGS!

May immediately getting into the face of the guy who hit Maltby too. Good stuff! No big hits by Chicago after that.

How funny is May defending Maltby! :lol:

esteef

Well, Maltby IS the superstar of the team these first few games. :P

Yes he did. But most people will complain about the teams defense while not recognizing any one individuals defensive effort.

Sure I recognize that, but I just don't understand how Zetterberg was voted the best player while Osgood or Stuart weren't even in the top three.

BTW, I wonder if I'm opening a can of Jake Ryan now (luckily you can block users here), but of Wings' forwards Holmström had third least ES ice time, but also had second most PP time.

Sure I recognize that, but I just don't understand how Zetterberg was voted the best player while Osgood or Stuart weren't even in the top three.

BTW, I wonder if I'm opening a can of Jake Ryan now (luckily you can block users here), but of Wings' forwards Holmström had third least ES ice time, but also had second most PP time.

It's a fan vote. It really is the stupidest voting system they could use.

I would assume that the panic-o-meter has gone down a bit around here?

I think you're giving some people too much credit.

I say Ozzie => Stuart => May => Z.....but my opinion doesn't count for too much :))

It's a fan vote. It really is the stupidest voting system they could use.

I agree, the opinion of random bunch of people is very often the stupidest thing. This is one of the weaker sides of democracy. The real player-of-the-game voting done by journalists (?) is something that I usually agree with much more.

No, players are given a GAME MISCONDUCT in the last five minutes of regulation if they commit an instigator penalty.

And are automatically suspended for 1 game... unless they play for the Penguins.

I say Ozzie => Stuart => May => Z.....but my opinion doesn't count for too much :))

I agree on the first two, but after that I'm not really sure. At least Williams, Kronwall and Draper had good games.

And are automatically suspended for 1 game... unless they play for the Penguins.

That's true and it makes me want to kill.

:guns:

Edited by P. Marlowe

If Stu can play like he did tonight then look out.

My 3 stars

*Brad Stuart

**Ozzie

***Mayday

nice to see a Win at the joe tonight let keep them coming.. Go WINGS!

Ohh c'mon now, really.

May 3rd star? For fighting? Right, I guess people are that desperate for an enforcer.

That was a good call based on the incentive of the rule.

Lets not get into an "grar Pittsburgh" discussion now.

I guess I missed the fine print in the rule that only a registered goon can "instigate"... don't bring it up if you don't want a discussion on it.

Malkin was obviously "sending a message".

I guess I missed the fine print in the rule that only a registered goon can "instigate"... don't bring it up if you don't want a discussion on it.

Malkin was obviously "sending a message".

:rolleyes:

Suspensions based on that ruling have been rescinded before.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup...instigator.html

"Suspensions are applied under this rule when a team attempts to send a message in the last five minutes by having a player instigate a fight," Campbell said in a statement. "A suspension could also be applied when a player seeks retribution for a prior incident. Neither was the case here and therefore the one game suspension is rescinded."

Campbell made a similar ruling earlier in the playoffs, electing not to suspend Carolina Hurricanes forward Scott Walker after he punched Boston Bruins defenceman Aaron Ward in the face in the third period of Game 5 of the teams' second-round series. Walker was fined $2,500 US.

P.S. YOU brought it up.

Edited by Doc Holiday

I had to leave the house with about 6 minutes left in the 2nd... what happened to Ericsson???

He blocked a slapshot on the pk and was hobbled. Babs said after the game that he'd be fine. I'm currently using my patented voodoo-doll-of-Lebda-soaked-with-goat-blood method to heal Ericsson. :thumbup:

:rolleyes:

Suspensions based on that ruling have been rescinded before.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup...instigator.html

P.S. YOU brought it up.

I'm not saying I'm complaining about it-- all I've bitched about was the bulls*** moving of the finals to a week earlier and thus denying the most banged up team in the playoffs a chance to heal, but people do have a point. If a minor player on the team did what Malkin did you know he would have been suspended. Malkin got the star player exception there since he clearly did exactly what the NHL said they would harshly penalize players for doing-- start a fight with less than 5 minutes left in a losing game simply to make a statement (especially since he jumped one of the Wings' star players). All I'm saying is we both know a 4th liner would've been suspended for that.