• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/17 GDT: Avalanche 4 at Red Wings 3, (SO)

Rate this topic

Overreact much?

Nope. That's like comparing Kopecky to Getzlaf. Expect more than the salary is. At-least Ozzie is a proven goalie for when it matters, the playoffs. What have Backstrom, Luongo or Lundqvist won when it matters?

Craig Anderson was a steal at $1.5M.

Ozzie is what we have. Perhaps it helps have something to play for? Ozzie always did better when there was something or someone in his way and he had to battle for the job. Now, he's #1, and... :unsure:

Conklin got a shut out last night, by the way.

It's easy to say that now that he's playing lights-out. How does Anderson fair in the playoffs, or the finals? He could be a Legacy, who knows? Avs took a risk on him. Osgood is a proven playoff goalie. Last time I checked, championships isn't won by the first 7 games of regular season, championships won by the last 7 games in the post-season.

Edited by Snazzy

I think the bigger problems is the Straw Men the Filpulla bashers invent - I don't recall anyone saying he's the next Datsyuk or Zetterberg, as the Flip bashers are so fond of refuting. All the Flip fans (including myself) have always seen him as a solid 2nd line centre, excellent defensively, really good skater, good playmaker, capable of 50-70 points with the right linemates and sufficient ice-time.

And yes, his biggest problem is shot selection. It doesn't even matter if his shot sucks, Babcock will still want him to shoot for screens, tips and rebounds. When he does decide to shoot, it always seems to be a from the wrong place.

And the "bashers" could accuse you guys of the same thing. The "bashers" say he projects as a solid 2nd or, at worst, 3rd line centre who's excellent defensively, a great skater and should top out around 50-60 pts. That's almost identical to your viewpoint, except they don't think he's capable of 60+ points. Some posters on her have said he's capable of 80pts, which is absurd, but certainly not the average opinion of the Filppula fans. Is it any different for you to lump the pragmatists who believe he's a 50-60pt guy in with the "bashers" who think he's a 40-50pt guy (as if that's bashing)?

Both sides are guilty of generalizations. And on a related point, I resent the implication that those of us who don't think Filppula projects as quite as good of a player as others do are somehow not fans of him. I like Filppula and would definitely say I'm a fan of his, I just have a slightly different opinion on what his peak career potential is.

Craig Anderson was a steal at $1.5M.

Ozzie is what we have. Perhaps it helps have something to play for? Ozzie always did better when there was something or someone in his way and he had to battle for the job. Now, he's #1, and... :unsure:

Conklin got a shut out last night, by the way.

No. You're wrong as usual. Osgood was #1 last year and had a rough regular season and was the best goalie and maybe the best player in the playoffs. I don't give a s*** what he does in the regular season or what tired bulls*** some of you people spew year after year. The guy wins games when it matters and the guy is great when it matters. That is all that matters.

No. You're wrong as usual. Osgood was #1 last year and had a rough regular season and was the best goalie and maybe the best player in the playoffs. I don't give a s*** what he does in the regular season or what tired bulls*** some of you people spew year after year. The guy wins games when it matters and the guy is great when it matters. That is all that matters.

I think she meant that Ozzy plays his best hockey when he's trying to prove a point... for example when he was trying to win the #1 spot from Dom or when he was trying to prove his 08-09 regular season was an aberration and not a prediction of his playoff play. In both those cases he played out of his mind, which is what Loo is trying to get at.

I don't think she was bashing Ozzy, just saying he plays best with a chip on his shoulder.

He took two shots off. That's it.

He was perfectly solid the rest of the night.

come on now, osgood didn't make a single save that was difficult. It's sad when fans have to cheer for him stopping a pint blank shot. Anderson made amazing saves on the other hand.

I don't think she was bashing Ozzy, just saying he plays best with a chip on his shoulder.

That seems to be the case, doesn't it? When the team in front of him gets better, so will Ozzie. Until then, I don't expect much difference in terms of results.

That seems to be the case, doesn't it? When the team in front of him gets better, so will Ozzie. Until then, I don't expect much difference in terms of results.

I don't know what game you watched. The wings carried the play both offensively and defensively except for the bad line change that cost a goal. Each of the few legit chances for the Avs ended up in the back of our net. I was happy with the type of game they skated last night given injuries and lack of offensive firepower. The problem was really only at one position.

Edited by clutchngrab

I don't know what game you watched. The wings carried the play both offensively and defensively except for the bad line change that cost a goal. Each of the few legit chances for the Avs ended up in the back of our net. I was happy with the type of game they skated last night given injuries and lack of offensive firepower. The problem was really only at one position.

I agree with you.

Bad goaltending tends to make a defense look worse. Two of those chances were Ozzie's fault, yet people are quick to blame the defense. If he makes those saves, no one here would be saying that the defense broke down and Ozzie bailed them out.

He cost the team the game yesterday. They played well enough to win and didn't make many mistakes as a team.

QFT.

Great post!