• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zettie85

Worst saying by an announcer.

Rate this topic

I am not really liking Ken Daniels' "snipe" calls.

Bugs the CRAP out of me. I haven't heard him say that since early in the season thankfully. Where did he get that call from? Sounded like he wanted to create a phrase like slammed for basketball. It wasn't working.

Speaking of Ken Daniels, this one is my old pet peeve:

"He puts it towards the GOAL! Kept it out." or other variations : "Drives it towards..... the GOAAAL!!! Oh no he kept it out..."

I dont know if this has bothered anyone else, but over the years I have just come to ignore it.

Just for clarity's sake I feel that the word "GOAL" should be reserved for when the puck actually crosses the line during play. In place during the game the word "NET" should be used ex: "Hes driving it towards the NET! GOOOOAAAALLLLLL!"

I know I'm wierd. Just something that really used to bother me. I hope that my pointing it out doesn't piss off someone else that didnt notice it before but will now because I wrote about it....

When we were kids, we'd crack open a few "ginger ales" and take turns calling the play by play with the volume on the old black & white turned down. Try it some time. You prolly won't be doggin' Kenny anymore.

Speaking of Ken Daniels, this one is my old pet peeve:

"He puts it towards the GOAL! Kept it out." or other variations : "Drives it towards..... the GOAAAL!!! Oh no he kept it out..."

I dont know if this has bothered anyone else, but over the years I have just come to ignore it.

Just for clarity's sake I feel that the word "GOAL" should be reserved for when the puck actually crosses the line during play. In place during the game the word "NET" should be used ex: "Hes driving it towards the NET! GOOOOAAAALLLLLL!"

I know I'm wierd. Just something that really used to bother me. I hope that my pointing it out doesn't piss off someone else that didnt notice it before but will now because I wrote about it....

Crazy how that happens, isn't it! lol.

I'm getting a little sick of hearing about the Joe's "Active Boards". Like Ilich makes sure that Al S. goes down to the boards and coats them with Flubber before every game. Like there aren't eccentricities of other arenas that may or may-not effect the game. Let the boards go we get it.

Anything that comes out of Emrick's mouth is starting to make my ears bleed.

DRIIIIIVE

WAFFLEBOARDED

FOREARM SHIVER

etc. etc.

What's wrong with Waffleboarded? That's what they used to look like, hence where the phrase came from. To me, waffleboard is classic.

Anyone else getting a little tired of Ken Daniels' "datsyukian"-everything? "That's a datsyukian-deke", "a datsyukian steal", "what a datsyukian move that was!". I like the expression, Pavel should definitely have his own adjective, but he's overusing it.

I'm getting a little sick of hearing about the Joe's "Active Boards". Like Ilich makes sure that Al S. goes down to the boards and coats them with Flubber before every game. Like there aren't eccentricities of other arenas that may or may-not effect the game. Let the boards go we get it.

Definitely. Every time a game is not on FS Detroit we have to hear about how "active" the boards are, how the Wings can take advantage of that and how the other team has to adapt.

Anyone else getting a little tired of Ken Daniels' "datsyukian"-everything? "That's a datsyukian-deke", "a datsyukian steal", "what a datsyukian move that was!". I like the expression, Pavel should definitely have his own adjective, but he's overusing it.

I agree..and I generally like Daniels but it does get a bit annoying.

And just for the record anything that comes out of Mickey Redmond's mouth is pure gold IMO.

definately datsyukian, that got reeeaaal old and ken said it after every time datsyuk touched the puck.

Eddie Olcyck bugs the crap out of me. Not only does he AAAALLLLLWAAAYS say 'active stick' but every time he says it he follows it up with a speech for 'young' hockey players. "all you young hockey players out there, look at the active stick of (insert name)" every single time.

Also when he says things like "the detroit red wings are the best team at interference in the league" no matter what the play is, when he is calling wings games he obsesses over whining about interference.

Edited by hooon

Guest Lidstromboli

edzo didnt mention "subtle interference" much, if at all, last night

thankfully

Agreed. Even games Detroit is not even playing in if a shot bounces off the boards funny the announcers always bring up JLA.

Definitely. Every time a game is not on FS Detroit we have to hear about how "active" the boards are, how the Wings can take advantage of that and how the other team has to adapt.

Was going to post this, like you i would be ok if he used it once in a while and not 6 times per game. Daniels bugs me in general though. I'm sure this would happen if you listened to any announcer 80+ times per year, but it seems like he basically says the same things every game. I have a hard time watching the post games when they are on the road too. Ken, Murph, and Keating is just brutal.

I can't help but cringe whenever the Blackhawks announcer calls a 'Hawks goal. He reacts like Jesus just handed him a million dollars and a ticket for free Angelina Jolie sex.

That's hilarious! haha