• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thedatsyukian

Patrick Eaves Watch Thread.

Rate this topic

You want them to call up Jamie Tardif? Keep dreaming.....

Ask anyone in the Grand Rapids organisation who deserves a call up they'll all say the same thing. Why keep dreaming? He's a Detroit Red Wings player. Nobody expected them to call up Newbury last season either and it happened.

per mlive.

thumbdown.gif Hopefully just a bruise of some sort which may keep him out of the next game. We shall see but not good obviously as it happened on a nice finish to a check.

yea, I saw that, I was hoping there might be more info today...

I agree, hopefully it's just a slight tweak or charley horse...

He's going to be at the Westland Meijer signing autographs today...I'll ask him whats up :P

Ask him why he's not used on the PP more too, haha :)

Ask anyone in the Grand Rapids organisation who deserves a call up they'll all say the same thing. Why keep dreaming? He's a Detroit Red Wings player. Nobody expected them to call up Newbury last season either and it happened.

orrrrr.... how about no one... Fil will be back Thurs and Modano will be back Sat, we're going to need to start worrying about who's going to be scratched again, rather than who is going to be called up...

orrrrr.... how about no one... Fil will be back Thurs and Modano will be back Sat, we're going to need to start worrying about who's going to be scratched again, rather than who is going to be called up...

Orrr how about you stop trying to be clever and stop assuming when players are going to return. From MLive:

Center Valtteri Filppula hopes to return Thursday or -- more likely -- on Saturday.

:clap:

Can't play a game with 11 forwards.

Orrr how about you stop trying to be clever and stop assuming when players are going to return. From MLive:

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, how about you stop assuming that a "more likely" means a certainty?

and as a matter of fact, actually, you can play a game with 11 forwards and they could dress 7 dmen... they did it last year... I'm not saying that is what they WILL do, but it can and has been done... and regardless, I'd put my money on Flip playing Thur over them making a call up...

I guess we'll see Thur.

And that other forward, if needed, is going to be someone who has a future with the team like Mursak. :D

And that other forward, if needed, is going to be someone who has a future with the team like Mursak. :D

Kris Newbury :rolleyes:

Why am I repeating myself...

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, how about you stop assuming that a "more likely" means a certainty?

Why? There's every chance there will be a call up. Why not discuss who deserves the chance?

Its a discussion forum, you know?

Kris Newbury :rolleyes:

Why am I repeating myself...

Why? There's every chance there will be a call up. Why not discuss who deserves the chance?

Its a discussion forum, you know?

I never said to not discuss it and don't know where you're getting that from in the first place... I just stated that I don't think a call up is likely. period.

With that said, IF there were a call up, I agree with everyone else, it will be Mursak and if not Mursak, Emmerton...

You never know. I refer to Newbury again. He got the call because he was on a huge scoring run in the weeks before his call up. In a same way Jamie Tardif is now.

Back then, everyone expected Ritola or Emmerton to be called up but Holland surprised us all. Who's to say he won't again?

DETROIT -- Detroit Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves will have an MRI today to determine the extent of his knee/leg injury, general manager Ken Holland said.

Eaves was hurt midway through the second period of Tuesday's 4-3 loss to San Jose, when he delivered a check on Torrey Mitchell and their knees collided.

If Eaves is out for Thursday's game against Dallas, the Red Wings will need to recall a forward from the Grand Rapids Griffins (likely Jan Mursak), unless Valtteri Filppula is ready to play. He's been out since Feb. 7 with a sprained knee but said he expects to return either Thursday or Saturday.

mlive

Edited by HankthaTank

i didnt even notice him get hurt yesterday. at least filps will be back, we need him anyway. no more griffs for the rest of season plz.

If Eaves is out for Thursday's game against Dallas, the Red Wings will need to recall a forward from the Grand Rapids Griffins (likely Jan Mursak), unless Valtteri Filppula is ready to play. He's been out since Feb. 7 with a sprained knee but said he expects to return either Thursday or Saturday.

Read the article, Filp is due back Thursday anyways BUT I wouldn't mind seeing Mursak coming back, he brought it when he got the chance to play. I would say this hurts us penalty killing wise, but on a brighter note hopefully we see filp and modano back on saturday at latest!

mlive

Red Wings will recall a forward from Grand Rapids, Valtteri Filppula hopes to return on Sunday

Coach Mike Babcock said the team was awaiting results of forward Patrick Eaves' MRI on his leg but he won't play Thursday at home against Dallas (7:30 p.m., FSD).

Center Valtteri Filppula also won't play Thursday, but hopes to return Saturday in Buffalo, along with Mike Modano. Filppula got in his first full practice Wednesday since suffering a sprained left MCL on Feb. 7.

Babcock said the team will recall a forward from the Grand Rapids Griffins today for Thursday's game. He said he wasn't sure which player would be recalled.

Defenseman Brad Stuart missed practice to have the braces removed from his teeth following his broken jaw on Jan. 7. Stuart will play Thursday.

No Eaves on Thursday. And recalling someone, I'm thinking Mursak.

Edited by HankthaTank